Thanks so much for your interest in my Faux Patina Technique! I had such a great time creating my faux patina samples and presenting this technique at Ronda Wade's Creative Convention over the weekend!
Experiment! Faux Patina is a fun, very artistic background technique that has limitless possibilities! Experiment with different color blends! Try using different embossing folders! Play with the heat embossing application! Then, use it on any kind of project for a fabulous, faux patina background!
TIP: Too Cool backgrounds are a great way to highlight all of those awesome greetings stamps we have now!Faux Patina Resources
Below are some Faux Patina Resources for you for easy reference. My video is from last year, so it doesn't have the cool Gorgreous Grunge stamp set used in it—that set is a MUST-HAVE!
I'll be posting all of my projects on my TooCoolStamping.com blog over the next few weeks.
Faux Patina Technique Supply List
- Any Texture Embossing Folder
- Gold Embossing Powder or Silver Embossing Powder
- VersaMark Ink
- 4 colors of Classic Inks that blend well together (one light, two medium shades, one dark shade)
- Optional, but highly recommended: Gorgeous Grunge (wood) stamp set
Order all your Faux Patina Supplies at my Online Store!
Faux Patina Tutorial Video—Learn the basic technique, step-by-step with some different color examples at the end.
Color Progressions I Demonstrated...
I presented two different color variations, but you could go with ANY combination from light to dark!
- Crumb Cake Embossed, Pear Pizzazz, Island Indigo, Early Espress
- Crumb Cake Embossed, Crisp Cantaloupe, Raspberry Ripple, Elegant Eggplant
A Few Projects...
I'll be posting all of my projects on my TooCoolStamping.com blog over the next few weeks. Here are a few of the projects I had on display (click to enlarge for details).
(click to enlarge photo for details)
More Faux Patina Project Ideas:
- Purple Chevron Gift Box
- Altered Journal & Monogrammed Post-It Holder
- Circle Thinlit Thanks Card
- Funky Miss U Card
- Christmas Collectibles Card & Festive Flurry Candy Bar Holder
More Faux Patina Color Swatch Recipes...
These swatches were posted on my original faux patina blog post from last year. Even though some of the colors are now retired, it helps to give you an idea of the color progressions you could try.
Color Swatches listed left to right...
- Swatch #1: Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, Cajun Craze, Early Espresso
- Swatch #2: Crumb Cake, Pretty In Pink, Bravo Burgundy, Early Espresso
- Swatch #3: Crumb Cake, Rose Red, Rich Razzleberry, Elegant Eggplant
- Swatch #4: Crumb Cake, Pretty In Pink, Elegant Eggplant, Basic Gray
- Swatch #5: Crumb Cake, Baja Breeze, Basic Grey
- Swatch #6: Crumb Cake, Baja Breeze, Early Espresso
- Swatch #7: Crumb Cake, Baja Breeze, Not Quite Navy, Basic Grey
- Swatch #8: Crumb Cake, Pink Pirouette, Concord Crush, Basic Grey
Have fun experimenting with your own color combinations!
If you have any questions, feel free to contact me.