- Envelope Punch Board—Makes 66 sizes of envelopes!
- Butterfly Bundle—Save 15% on Papillion Potpourri & Bitty Butterfly Punch
- Best of Autumn—New 25th Anniversary Collector Set
- October Countdown To Christmas—On Oct 5th. Register by Sept. 18.
- Holiday Banner Class—On Oct 5th. Register by Sept. 18.
- Wow Techniques Class—September 13
- Faux Patina Week—September 16-22
- "Last Thursdays" Card Class—Rescheduled to Wed, Sept. 25
_______________________________________________________________________Faux Patina Friday—Circle Thinlit Thanks Card
For the next two Fridays I'll be sharing a project using the gorgeous Faux Patina Technique! It's a little teaser to promote my week-long Faux Patina Showcase on September 16-22! You won't want to miss it!
Faux Patina Week is also my birthday week, so I'll be celebrating with special contests and surprises!
Today's project uses the new Circle Card Thinlits to make a quick & easy, interactive card! Have you seen these cool dies? Check out the Card Thinlits Video to see how they work!
The base of the card is Rich Razzleberry, and I added a 1/2" strip of Rich Razzleberry that I embossed with the Needlepoint Border embossing folder for some texture detail.
I heat embossed an image from the Friendship Preserves stamp set with Gold Embossing Powder on Whisper White card stock, then cut it out with the Window Frame Framelits. Then I used a Blender Pen and some Strawberry Slush and Elegant Eggplant inks to color in the white spaces. I left the back of the circle blank for writing, since the inside is decorated.
Of course the best part, to me anyway, is the faux patina panel! See how I made it below. I topped it off with an In Color Boutique Details trinket and an Elegant Eggplant button tied with White Baker's Twine.
Step-by-Step Faux Patina Recipe:
- Ink Stripes Embossing Folder with Smoky Slate, and emboss Whisper White or Very Vanilla card stock.
- Sponge on Crisp Cantaloupe Ink
- Sponge on Strawberry Slush Ink
- Sponge on Rich Razzleberry Ink
- Sponge on Elegant Eggplant Ink
- Randomly rub & dab VersaMark Ink over the top of the embossed piece.
- Sprinkle on Gold Embossing Powder and heat with a Heat Tool until glossy and smooth
- Stamps—Friendship Preserves (wood)
- Ink—VersaMark Ink; Smoky Slate, Wisteria Wonder, Crisp Cantaloupe, Strawberry Slush, Rich Razzleberry, Elegant Eggplant Classic Ink
- Paper—Rich Razzleberry and Whisper White card stock
- Accessories—Gold Embossing Powder, In Color Boutique Details, Regals Designer Buttons, White Baker's Twine
- Tools—Circle Card Thinlit, Stripes Texture Impressions Folder, Needlepoint Border Texture Impressions Folder, Window Frame Framelits, Big Shot, Heat Tool, Blender Pen, Sponges, Glue Dots, Dimensionals, SNAIL
Find all the supplies to create this project & more at my Online Store!
Faux Patina makes a fabulous and elegant accent on cards and stamping projects! Wanna see more? Be sure to mark your calendars for Faux Patina Week coming up on September 16-22!
Want to learn more about my Faux Patina Technique? Check out the Faux Patina Resource Page!