It's Faux Patina Friday! And, it's the final Friday leading up to my Fabulous Faux Patina Week next week showcasing my Too Cool Faux Patina technique!
You won't want to miss it!
Fabulous Faux Patina Week Fun—September 16-22!
- Two Cool Faux Patina Projects Every Day!
- Daily Prize Giveaways!
- Mystery Hostess Contest For Ordering!
- Faux Patina Sunday Showcase Finale!
- And More!
It all starts on Monday, and it's only at TooCoolStamping.com!
Now, here's a peek at another fun project using Faux Patina!
Today's card turned out a little less traditional and a lot more "fun" than most of my Faux Patina projects. I like to call it Funky Faux Patina! (reminds me of Funky Cold Medina! LOL!)
My card base is in Basic Gray, with a 4" x 5-1/4" layer of Island Indigo on top for the frame.
I used the Alphabet Press Folder, some bold colors, and the bold diagonal stripes from the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set to get this look.
Step-by-Step Faux Patina Recipe:
- Ink Alphabet Press Folder with Smoky Slate, and emboss Whisper White or Very Vanilla card stock.
- Sponge on Pistachio Pudding Ink
- Sponge on Crushed Curry Ink
- Sponge on Island Indigo Ink
- Sponge on Midnight Muse Ink
- Stamp the diagonal stripes Gorgeous Grunge images in VersaMark Ink randomly all over the top of the embossed piece.
- Sprinkle on Silver Embossing Powder and heat with a Heat Tool until glossy and smooth
My focal point uses a combination of the "I Miss You Already" image from Really Good Greetings and the letter "U" from Morning Post. I omitted part of an image by coloring only the "I Miss" words with the Midnight Muse Marker. The letter is stamped in Island Indigo.
I die-cut the phrase with the Apothecary Accents Framelits, then layered it on another Crushed Curry die-cut that I cut in half and positioned under the edges.
That's all popped up with Dimensionals on top of an Island Indigo die-cut from the Labels Collection Framelits. A few Rhinestone Jewels pick up the shine from the silver embossing.Complete Supplies List:
- Stamps—Gorgeous Grunge (wood), Really Good Greetings (wood), Morning Post Alphabet (wood)
- Ink—VersaMark Ink; Smoky Slate, Pistachio Pudding, Crushed Curry, Island Indigo, Midnight Muse Classic Ink
- Paper—Basic Gray, Island Indigo, Crushed Curry and Whisper White card stock
- Accessories—Silver Embossing Powder, Rhinestone Jewels
- Tools—Alphabet Press Texture Impressions Folder, Apothecary Accents Framelits, Labels Collection Framelits, Big Shot, Heat Tool, Sponges, Dimensionals, SNAIL
Find all the supplies to create this project & more at my Online Store!
Faux Patina makes a fabulous, elegant (and sometimes funky!) texture on cards and stamping projects! Wanna see more? Be sure to stop back on Monday as I kick off my Fabulous Faux Patina Week!
Want to learn more about my Faux Patina Technique? Check out the Faux Patina Resource Page!
- Envelope Punch Board—Makes 66 sizes of envelopes!
- Magnetic Platform—Now Available!
- Butterfly Bundle—Save 15% on Papillion Potpourri & Bitty Butterfly Punch
- Best of Autumn—New 25th Anniversary Collector Set