- "Last Thursdays" Card Class—Rescheduled: Thusday, November 19.
- December Countdown To Christmas—Featuring Reason For The Season. Register by November 30.
- Paper Pumpkin Party—Only $5 or FREE for Paper Pumpkin subscribers. November 30.
- Weekly Deals—New specials announced every Tuesday!
- Clearance Rack—Discounted retired merchandise!
- Browse The 2015 Annual Catalog—See the latest products!
- Browse The Holiday Catalog—All-new seasonal stamps, papers & accents!
- Holiday Catalog Retiring List—Available while supplies last!
The list will be updated daily with an "X" next to products that sell out. Hurry! Don't wait!
Order Your Favorite Holiday Retiring Items At My Online Store!
Hi Stamping Friends!
I have a couple of extra class kits already made up for tomorrow night's "Last Thursdays" monthly card class, so let me know if you'd still like to join us! Today, I'm sharing the last card from that class and it's a goodie!
Festive Poinsettia Merry Christmas Cards
Since I was already playing with my Reason For The Season stamp set to create my Countdown To Christmas class projects, I thought I'd try out the cool new Festive Flower punch that coordinates with it. Oooohhh! That punched poinsettia is fabulous! I love that you can keep it flatter for cards, or bend & curl the petals to make it a gorgeous 3D embellishment for packages & gift tags!
Background Basics—My card starts with 5-1/4" x 2" pieces of Mossy Meadow card stock and Home For Christmas Designer Series Paper adhered side-by-side to a Cherry Cobbler card base. I added a strip of the Gold Glitter Ribbon over the seam, attached with Tear & Adhesive Tape.
Pretty Poinsettia—The Festive Flower Builder Punch makes it easy to punch out all the pieces need to create this holiday flower.
To make the flower, I used:
- 2 of the smallest petal pairs in Cherry Cobbler.
- 4 of the medium size petals in Cherry Cobbler.
- 8 of the largest petals in Cherry Cobbler.
- 3 of the largest petals as leaves in Old Olive.
- 2 flower centers from Gold Glimmer Paper.
I stamped the coordinating images from the Reason For The Season stamp set to create the veining for the petals. The petal veins were stamped in Cherry Cobbler, and the leaf veins were stamped in Old Olive. I folded each petal in half and curled the leaves for a little extra dimension.
I assembled the whole flower with Glue Dots, starting by crossing the center petal pairs. I added the medium petals in between the small petals, and added two larger petals in between each of the medium ones. I added the leaves last and positioned them so that they would eventually look balanced when I placed them on my card. The gold centers finish off the flower with some sparkle. The whole flower was mounted on the card with Dimensionals. TIP: If you want a sturdier base underneath the flower, adhere a 1-1/2" circle punch to the back.
Sweet Sentiment—I stamped the Reason For The Season greeting in Cherry Cobbler onto a Very Vanilla Deco Labels Collection die-cut shape. I adore this sentiment...so traditional and such a lovely font! It's popped with Dimensionals.
Two Cool—For the second version, I went vertical and flipped my Designer Series Paper over to a holly berries pattern.
Complete Supplies List—"Clear" means a rubber stamp on a clear block. "Photopolymer" is see-thru.
- Stamps—Reason For The Season (photopolymer) OR Reason For The Season Bundle (photopolymer)
- Ink—Cherry Cobbler, Old Olive Classic Ink Pads
- Paper—Home For Christmas DSP; Gold Glimmer Paper; Cherry Cobbler, Mossy Meadow, Old Olive & Very Vanilla card stock
- Accessories—White & Gold Glitter Ribbon
- Tools—Deco Labels Collection Framelits, Big Shot, Festive Flower Builder Punch OR Reason For The Season Bundle (photopolymer), Glue Dots, Tear & Adhesive Tape, Dimensionals, SNAIL
I'd Love To Hear From You! Leave me a comment at the bottom of the page!
Sunday, December 6 OR Class-To-Go Kit! Register By November 30.
Registration is now open for my December Countdown To Christmas Class featuring the pretty Reason For The Season stamp set. Create 12 cards—6 each of 2 designs! Kit includes the stamp set, plus additional products and pre-cut supplies to make the cards.
Rescheduled! This Coming Thursday, November 19, 6:30pm.
Create 4 cards for $10 or the class is FREE with a minimum qualifying order! We're making four holiday cards! Try brayering, a poinsettia-making punch, and two fun holiday framelits!
- Complete "Last Thursdays" Class Info
- Class-To-Go Kits Available!
Bring A Friend Bonus Card—Bring a friend who has never attended my classes before, and you'll both make a Too Cool Bonus Card! See details.
Contact Me ASAP—I've got a couple extra kits left!
You're Invited To My Premiere Paper Pumpkin Party!
Monday, November 30, from 6:30pm-8:30pm. RSVP by November 28.
Paper Pumpkin Monthly Kits are the best way to skip right to the creative fun! No planning! No supplies to order! No stress! Just a surprise creative project delivered to your door every month! Join us as we celebrate the magic of Paper Pumpkin and enjoy a relaxing night of stamping with friends! Subscribers & non-subscribers—all are welcome! See all the details: Paper Pumpkin Party.
Contact Me Now To RSVP!