Stampin' Up! is celebrating Digital Scrapbooking Days now thru November 8! You'll find Daily Deals, guest bloggers, challenges, videos and more excitement over at MyDigitalStudio.net!
Today's Deal: Nobody's Business Photobook!
Today's Guest Blog: Digital Scrapbooking Days Day 6
Wow Techniques Class—RSVP Today!
Join us this Friday, November 8, at 6:30pm, at my Too Cool Stamping Studio in Fort Wayne, IN. The cost of the class is $15 or FREE with an order* placed at the event. See more details on the projects. Please RSVP by Thursday, November 7, at 5pm
Hi Stamping Friends!
Woohoo! It's time for the 2013 Holiday Blog Hop showcasing fun & festive projects from 10 creative stampers, all using Stampin' Up! products!
I'm stop #7 on the list, so you might be arriving from Cindy's Scrapper Frog blog featuring that gorgeous Thankful banner. Welcome to Too Cool Stamping!
If you haven't been part of the 2013 Holiday Blog Hop fun yet, you can start right here and click on through, following the links to all the participating blogs.
I hope you have fun and find some fantastic, seasonal inspiration!___________________________________________________________________
Peeking Santa Envelope Punch Gift Card Holder
Today's project highlights the versatility of the awesome Envelope Punch Board! Of course it is already an amazing product because you can create custom envelopes in 66 different sizes! Check out the Envelope Punch Board Video to see what I mean.
But, did you know that you can use it to make other Too Cool projects, too?
Inspired by Jackie Topa's Envelope Punch Gift Card Holder.
I created a cute and Too Cool gift card holder using the Envelope Punch Board. It's kind of like a large matchbook that's almost the size of a standard A2 Card. You use the Punch Board to create notches to make the closure.
WOW Alert! We'll be creating this project at my Wow Techniques Class on Friday!
Santa Accent—The front of the holder is decorated with the super-cute santa image from the Tag It stamp set. By the way, the Tag It set is the featured set this year for Ronald McDonald House Charities—$3 gets donated for each set purchased!
I colored the stamp with Old Olive and Cherry Cobbler markers before stamping onto Whisper White, then die-cut it using the coordinating Chalk Talk Framelits.
Background—Santa is popped up with Dimensionals over a 3-3/4" x 2-3/4" piece of Cherry Cobbler card stock that's been embossed with the Stylish Stripes Texture Folder. A little 3-3/4" x 1" strip of Season of Style Designer Series Paper is adhered across the middle. A couple of Rhinestone Jewels adorn each side for sparkle!
Matchbook Bottom—The bottom of the matchbook is held closed with Season of Style Washi Tape, then wrapped with pretty Baked Brown Sugar Ruffle Stretch Trim.
Sentiment—The "Ho Ho Ho" stamp from the Oh, Goodie set was the perfect phrase! I stamped it in Cherry Cobbler, punched it with the Modern Label Punch, then popped it up with Dimensionals and gave it a couple of Rhinestones, too.
As you open the matchbook-style pouch, you'll see the notches that were cut with the Envelope Punch Board, creating tabs that interlock to keep it closed. You'll also see the gift card sticking out of the bottom pocket.
Open the card fully, and the Santa image from Color Me Christmas peeks out over the pocket! Isn't that adorable! I love that little peeking Santa!
Envelope Punch Board Gift Card Holder Instructions
If you have the Envelope Punch Board, this project is much easier than it may appear. Here are the steps!
- Start with a half sheet of Old Olive card stock: 4-1/4" x 11"
- Use the Simply Scored tool to score along the 11" side at the 2", 7-1/4" and 7-3/8" marks and crease the folds well.
- Fold that 2" panel in to make the pocket at the bottom of the holder. Adhere it closed with Season of Style Washi Tape all the way around the base.
- Insert the top of the matchbook under the punch on the Envelope Punch Board at the 1" mark...punch it!
- Flip the holder over and repeat on the other side at the 1" mark.
- For the inside piece, start with a 6-1/2" x 3-3/4" piece of Whisper White card stock.
- Use the Simply Scored tool to score along the 6-1/2" side at the 1-3/4" mark and the 6" mark. Crease the folds.
- Do any stamping on the white piece NOW, before you adhere it!
- Insert the larger folded side into the matchbook pocket so that the edges of the folded piece and the pocket are flush.
- Add Sticky Strip along the top fold.
- Remove the red liner from the Sticky Strip and simply shut the top of the card down onto the piece with the Sticky Strip. This will put it in the perfect position to pull the pouch as the card opens!
Here's a side view of the opened matchbook, so you can see the pulling mechanism. Note that the white pocket is not adhered closed, it simply folds and fits into the pocket.
The gift card holder will fit in a standard A2 envelope, but the 1/8" wide fold at the top makes it a little snug. But, it will definitely fit!Complete Supplies List:
- Stamps—Tag It (wood), Oh Goodie (wood), Color Me Christmas (wood)
- Ink—Old Olive, Cherry Cobbler markers; Cherry Cobbler Classic Ink
- Paper—Season of Style DSP; Old Olive, Whisper White card stock
- Accessories—Baked Brown Sugar Ruffle Stretch Trim, Season of Style Washi Tape, Rhinestone Jewels
- Tools—Chalk Talk Framelits, Stylish Stripes Texture Impressions Folder, Big Shot, Modern Label Punch, Envelope Punch Board, Simply Scored, Sticky Strip, Dimensionals, SNAIL
Find all the supplies to create these projects & more at my Online Store!
Make This At My Wow Techniques Class! Join us at the Wow Technique Class on Friday, and you can make one of these adorable gift card holders! RSVP by November 7 at 5pm.
Up Next... Let's go see what holiday fun Rachelle has in store for you at Stamping Creations with Rachelle!
2013 Holiday Blog Hop Participants
- Stampin’ Grandma (Sherry)
- The Flying Stamper (Deb)
- Olivia Loves to Stamp (Olivia)
- Scrappy Stamps and Ink (Nichole)
- Stamping with Pearl (Pearl)
- Scrapper Frog’s Blog (Cindy)
- Too Cool Stamping (Angie) ◄ You are here!
- Stamping Creations with Rachelle (Rachelle)
- Simple & Creative Corner (Tina)
- Stampin with Darla and Sisters (Darla & Nancy)
Thanks so much for stopping by my Too Cool Stamping blog!
If you like what you see, I encourage you to subscribe to my blog by entering your email address in the box on the top left. I post new content daily and you'll get email notifications every time I post!Angie