Current Classes & Special Promotions!
- Stamper Sampler—RESCHEDULED For Thursday, May 21
- "Last Thursdays" Class—4 cards for $10. May 28, 6:30pm.
- Retired List (sortable Excel file)—See which items are retiring on June 2.
- Occasions Catalog—Spring items available thru June 2, 2015
- SPECIAL: Weekly Deals—New specials announced every Tuesday!
Hi Stamping Friends!
I still have spaces left for tomorrow's Stamper Sampler Class featuring the Bag In A Box Handbag and I'd love to have you join us! Please RSVP by 5pm today if you'd like to attend. If you can't make it, register for a Class-To-Go kit by next Wednesday, May 27.
Today, I'm sharing the details of our Stamper Sampler Handbag project.
But first, don't miss this week's Weekly Deals! There are some awesome discounts on Birthday Bash Designer Series Paper, Chalkboard Paper, Stacked With Love DSP & Washi Tapes, and more! Prices are good thru Monday, May 25, 2015.
CASEd from Crafty Hallett.
Stamper Sampler: Bag In A Box Handbag & Notes
Today, let's take a closer look at tomorrow's Bag In A Box Handbag & Notes class! You are going to love creating this adorable gift set! Remember, if you can't make the class, be sure to sign up for the Class-To-Go kit by next Wednesday, May 27.
If you search the internet for stamping ideas, then you've no doubt stumbled across this adorable little note card set, originally created by Crafty Hallett.
My class projects feature the beautiful and soon-to-retire Back To Black Designer Series Paper along with the Petal Potpourri stamp set, which is also only available thru June 2.
Handbag Assembly—The bag in a box is pretty easy to assemble. Crafty Hallett has a complete Bag In A Box Handbag video tutorial, but I've outlined the basic steps below.
- Start with a 5-1/4" x 2-1/2" piece of card stock in the accent color.
- Score at the 1/2" mark on all four sides with the Simply Scored tool.
- Create corner tabs by snipping along the score lines along the top and bottom sides with Paper Snips.
- Fold up the sides and adhere the corners to the outside of the box with Sticky Strip.
- Start with a 12" x 3-1/2" piece of Back To Black DSP.
- Add Sticky Strip along the 12" bottom and one side of the side you'll use for the inside of the bag.
- Adhere a 12" x 1/2" strip of accent card stock along the top of the outside of the DSP with Sticky Strip.
- Peel the Sticky Strip backing off the bottom inside and adhere the DSP around the box bottom.
- Adhere another 12" x 1/2" piece of card stock trim along the outside bottom of the bag.
- Cut 3/8" x 8" strips of the accent card stock.
- Position one end of the handle about 1" from the side of the handbag and poke a hole through the handle and the bag trim with a Paper Piercing Tool. Secure with a Silver Mini Brad.
- Repeat with the other end of the strip about 1" in from the other side of the bag.
- Repeat on the opposite side of the bag.
- Adhere a 12" x 1/2" accent strip of card stock along the inside top of the bag to cover the brad backs and give it a sturdy, finished look.
Class participants will be able to choose from either the Coastal Cabana or Cherry Cobbler color schemes for their class project.
Handbag Finishing Touches—Before assembling, I added some stamped details to the bag's trim with the Butterfly Basics dotted line image. It's stamped in either Coastal Cabana or Cherry Cobbler to match the bag
Monogram Medallion—Each bag is personalized with a simple monogram stamped with the Metro Type Alphabet set. I stamped the letter in Memento Tuxedo Black ink onto Whisper White, then punched it with the 1-1/4" Scallop Circle Punch. It's mounted on two Flower Medallion punched shapes from coordinating colors. I curled the petals with a Bone Folder and stacked the layers with Dimensionals.
The handbag holds four 4" x 4" note cards with matching envelopes.
Note Card Background—The cards are created with 8" x 4" Coastal Cabana color card stock, folded to 4" x 4". I stamped the 2-1/2" x 4" piece of Whisper White with various sentiments from Butterfly Basics, Painted Petals and Yippee Skippee stamp sets. Then, I added a 1" x 4" strip of Back To Black DSP accent next to the white panel.
Note Card Flowers—I stamped the Petal Potpourri images in Coastal Cabana, then punched them out with the coordinating Flower Medallion Punch. The flower centers are from the same set, then punched with the 7/8" Scallop Circle Punch. I added Dimensionals under the flower for one accent, and under the flower center for the other, just to add interest. I finished each with a Pearl Jewel.
Bundle It & Save—Purchase the Petal Potpourri stamp set and Flower Medallion Punch together in the Petal Potpourri Bundle and save 15% over the cost of purchasing them separately.
Two Cool—Here's a closer look at the Cherry Cobbler version. I like the medallion in the center.
And, here's the whole ensemble in Cherry Cobbler. Love this classic color combination and so far, it's been the popular choice for my class attendees!
Matching Envelopes—I created a matching handmade envelope for each of the note cards with the same pattern of Back To Black DSP that I used on the card. It's easy to make the perfect size envelope with the Envelope Punch Board. I just followed the directions on the board to create an envelope for a 4" square card starting with a 6-7/8" square piece of DSP.
The Back To Black DSP patterns will vary for each of the class kits.
Complete Supplies List
- Stamps—Butterfly Basics (clear, wood, photopolymer), Petal Potpourri (clear, wood) OR Petal Potpourri Bundle (clear, wood), Painted Petals (clear, wood, photopolymer), Yippee Skippee (clear, wood), Metro Type Alphabet (photopolymer)
- Ink—Memento Tuxedo Black ink; Coastal Cabana (project #1), Cherry Cobbler (project #2) Classic Ink
- Paper—Back To Black DSP; Coastal Cabana (project #1), Cherry Cobbler (project #2) & Whisper White card stock
- Accessories—Pearl Jewels, Silver Mini Brads
- Tools—Flower Medallion Punch OR Petal Potpourri Bundle (clear, wood), 7/8" Scallop Circle Punch, 1/1/4" Scallop Circle Punch, Simply Scored, Stampin' Trimmer, Bone Folder, Paper Snips, Paper Piercing Tool, Sticky Strip, Dimensionals, SNAIL
Find all the supplies to create these projects & more at my Online Store!