Too Cool Classes!
- Peaceful Petals Class-To-Go Kit—Register by April 15.
- Mini Magazine Holder Note Card Set Class—April 17, 6:30pm
- "Last Thursdays" Card Class—Thursday, April 24, 6:30pm.
Hi Stamping Friends!
Are you ready for a quick card with a big wow factor?! I didn't know what to blog about today, so I went into my studio to make a quick and simple card. I ended up making 6 colorful cards in just a little over an hour.
Check out my rainbow collection of Butterfly Collection cards...
I don't know about you, but for me there is something very satisfying about creating a bunch of cards that are coordinated in some way. Lining up all of the finished cards together and admiring them makes me happy, happy, happy! Yippee!
Inspired by Jenny Peterson at Lakeshore Stamping.
Beautiful Butterfly Backround—I used the Butterfly Collection Jumbo Wheel to create this ombré inspired patterned background. The wheel image has three rows of butterflies, so as I added more images, I changed the ink colors to go progressively darker. From top to bottom I used: So Saffron, Daffodil Delight and Crushed Curry.
I stamped on a 3-7/8" x 5-1/8" piece of Whisper White, then added a 3/8" Whisper White Taffeta Ribbon before mounting it onto a Crushed Curry card stock base.
Perfect Sentiment—I stamped the Perfect Pennants sentiment in Crushed Curry on Whisper White, then die-cut it withe matching Banners Framelits. It's popped up with Dimensionals over the ribbon.
Butterfly Accent—I punched a Bitty Butterfly from Crushed Curry card stock, then attached that with a Dimensional and added a couple of Pearl Jewels.
DONE! Quick & easy!
Wheel Stamp Modification—So, my trick for lining up the images was that I converted my Butterfly Collection Jumbo Wheel stamp into a regular, non-rolling stamp! I like that it gives me more control than a wheel.
I simply slit the seam of the wheel stamp with a craft knife and carefully pulled the rubber from the roller. The rubber was about the same width as the "I" clear block, but it was a little it longer than the block, so I trimmed off one column of three butterflies to make it fit the block perfectly. I can use the trio of butterflies as another small stamp now.
Then, I cut off a piece of the Clear Mount Cling Foam a little larger than my rubber and mounted it on the back. I trimmed the edges so they were flush and voila, it's now a regular stamp!
TIP: If you use wheels on larger projects, like scrapbook pages or gift wrap where you need a long, continuous image, I don't recommend disassembling your wheel. But, if you are only use them for cards and smaller projects, it's a better alternative, in my opinion.
Lining Up The Images—I like to just eye-ball my stamp positioning, but now that it is a regular stamp, it can be used easily with the Stamp-A-Ma-Jig for perfect alignment!
* * * * *
Of course I had to try it in a rainbow of other variations, too!
Tangerine Version—Tangerine Tango card base, sentiment and accents, along with Calypso Coral and Crisp Cantaloupe.
Raspberry Version—Raspberry Ripple card base, sentiment and accents, along with Melon Mambo and Strawberry Slush.
Razzleberry Version—Rich Razzleberry card base, sentiment and accents, along with Perfect Plum and Wisteria Wonder.
Pacific Version—Pacific Point card base, sentiment and accents, along with Marina Mist and Soft Sky.
Bermuda Version—Bermuda Bay card base, sentiment and accents, along with Coastal Cabana and Pool Party.
My, oh my, that was fun!
Complete Supplies List:
- Stamps—Butterfly Collection Jumbo Wheel, Perfect Pennants (wood) OR Perfect Pennants Bundle (wood)
- Ink—Crushed Curry, Daffodil Delight and So Saffron (card #1), Tangerine Tango, Calypso Coral and Crisp Cantaloupe (card #2), Raspberry Ripple, Melon Mambo and Strawberry Slush (card #3), Rich Razzleberry, Perfect Plum and Wisteria Wonder (card #4), Pacific Point, Marina Mist and Soft Sky (card #5), Bermuda Bay, Coastal Cabana and Pool Party (card #6) Classic Ink
- Paper—Crushed Curry (card #1), Tangerine Tango (card #2), Raspberry Ripple (card #3), Rich Razzleberry (card #4), Pacific Point (card #5), Bermuda Bay (card #6) and Whisper White card stock
- Accessories—Whisper White 3/8" Taffeta Ribbon, Pearl Jewels
- Tools—Banners Framelits OR Perfect Pennants Bundle (wood), Big Shot, Bitty Butterfly Punch, Clear Mount Cling Foam Dimensionals, SNAIL
Find all the supplies to create these projects & more at my Online Store!
Don't Miss These!