- Stamp-of-the-Month—Features Peaceful Pines. Register by Nov. 15. Rescheduled: Nov. 24.
- Stamper Sampler: Holiday Card Stamp-A-Stack—November 12.
- "Last Thursdays" Card Class—Rescheduled: Thusday, November 19.
- Paper Pumpkin Party—Only $5 or FREE for Paper Pumpkin subscribers. November 30.
- Weekly Deals—New specials announced every Tuesday!
- Clearance Rack—Discounted retired merchandise!
- Browse The 2015 Annual Catalog—See the latest products!
- Browse The Holiday Catalog—All-new seasonal stamps, papers & accents!
Hi Stamping Friends!
My Too Cool Team had a shoebox swap on Monday night and our theme was to create a holiday card using a non-holiday stamp set and/or non-traditional holiday colors. It was a little bit of challenge to think outside of the holiday box, but everyone brought excellent projects to share! I'll be showcasing all of the cards with you so you can see what I mean! Today, I'm sharing my contribution to the swap!
Don't forget today is the last day to subscribe to receive this month's Paper Pumpkin kit! If you're a local subscriber, you're invited to bring your kit to my Premiere Paper Pumpkin Party on November 30th! It's going to be a magically creative night! Subscribe now to Paper Pumpkin monthly kits.
Build A Birthday Merry Christmas Cards
My contribution to our Too Cool Team shoebox swap featured both a non-Christmas images from the Build A Birthday stamp set, as well as non-traditional holiday colors. I CASEd one of my own projects from a few years ago: Festival of Prints Festival of Trees Cards.
Background Basics—I embossed a 3-3/4" x 5" piece of Tip Top Taupe with the Softly Falling Texture Impressions Folder, then matted it onto a 3-7/8" x 5-1/8" piece of Gold Foil. I love the way the thin line of shiny gold frames the card so nicely. It's all adhered to a Tip Top Taupe card base.
Tree Stamped Layers—I stamped some of the layers of the tree with the rectangle stacking images from the Build A Birthday stamp set. The longest image was stamped in Lost Lagoon, the next longest in Pear Pizzazz, and the shortest block with Mossy Meadow. I stamped the long one a second time to make the smallest piece at the top of the tree. All of the blocks are hand-trimmed with Paper Snips.
Washi Tape Layers—I used the Winter Wonderland Washi Tape for some of the layers to add some pretty, gold accents. The bottom layer has the gold stripes and the second to the top layer is the cracked gold tape. I adhered the tape to Whisper White card stock, then cut the blocks out to the length that I wanted. All of the layers are popped up with Dimensionals.
Tree Trunk—I punched the Soft Suede trunk from the Banner Punch and adhered it upside-down to the card front.
Gold Glimmer Accents—I punched a Gold Glimmer Paper star with the Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack star punch for the top of the tree. It's popped up with part of a Dimensional. I die-cut the Christmas Greetings word from Gold Glimmer Paper and adhered it with the Fine-Tip Glue Pen.
Bow Accent—I tied a Gold Cording Trim bow and adhered it with a Glue Dot.
Two Cool—I created a second version with a "dancing" tree. All of the branches are a little askew, so that it has the illusion of movement. I tried the "peace" Christmas Greetings on this one.
Complete Supplies List—"Clear" means a rubber stamp on a clear block. "Photopolymer" is see-thru.
- Stamps—Build A Birthday (photopolymer)
- Ink—Lost Lagoon, Mossy Meadow & Pear Pizzazz Classic Ink Pads
- Paper—Gold Glimmer Paper; Gold Foil Paper; Soft Suede, Tip Top Taupe & Whisper White card stock
- Accessories—Winter Wonderland Washi Tape, Gold Cording Trim
- Tools—Softly Falling Texture Impressions Folder, Christmas Greetings Framelits, Big Shot, Banner Punch, Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack, Paper Snips, Glue Dots, Fine-Tip Glue Pen, Dimensionals, SNAIL
I'd Love To Hear From You! Leave me a comment at the bottom of the page!
- Local Class: Thursday, Nov. 12, 6:30pm.
- Class-To-Go Kits Available!
- Sign Up By November 11!
Create a stack of 12 cards—3 each of 4 designs! Try fun & easy techniques! Bring a friend & share a relaxing night of creativity! Extra dozens are available for a discount!
Contact Me To RSVP Today!
Registration Now Open For November's Stamp-of-the-Month: Peaceful Pines
- Local Class: Tuesday, Nov. 24, 6:30pm.
- Class-To-Go Kits Available!
- Registration Closes on November 15!
Kit includes Peaceful Pines photopolymer stamp set, a 1/2 pack of 6x6" Merry Moments Designer Series Paper Stack & all the pre-cut supplies and instructions needed to create 6 Christmas cards!
Contact Me To Register Up by Sunday, November 15.
Buy 3 Stamp-of-the-Month Classes, Get $5 off the Next Class!—See details.