Current Classes & Special Promotions!
- Browse The 2015 Catalog—See the latest products!
- "Last Thursdays" Card Class—July 30. 4 cards for $10.
- August Stamp-of-the-Month Kit—Featuring Build A Birthday set. Register by August 7.
- Upcoming Class Dates Announced—New schedule, plus Countdown To Christmas dates.
- Super Stamping Saturday—Postponed. Will be rescheduled in August.
- 50% Off First 2 Months of Paper Pumpkin—Subscribe at PaperPumpkin.com using code: HALFOFF
- Weekly Deals—New specials announced every Tuesday!
Hi Stamping Friends!
If you're in the Fort Wayne area, I'd love for you to come to my "Last Thursdays" monthly card class tomorrow! Please let me know by 5pm if you'd like to attend!
Today, I'm sharing another pair of cards from my August Stamp-of-the-Month class! Registration is now open and it ends on August 7. Don't miss out on this fun & versatile birthday stamp set & card kit!
Build A Birthday Joy Fold Cake Cards
One of my favorite fancy-fold card styles is the "Joy Fold" card. I'm not sure where it got its name, presumably from someone named Joy, but it sure is fun! And, the Build A Birthday images work perfectly with this card design!
Joy Card Basics—The card base for a Joy Fold card is actually two cards that are adhered together. The main card base measures 7" x 5-1/2" and is scored at the 2-3/4" mark for a shortened front.
The second card layer can be any size you like, as long as it's large enough to work with your stamped image. In this case, the card measured 6-1/2" x 4-1/2" and scored in half at the 3-1/4" mark. This card opens the opposite way and is adhered to the center of the inside of the first card.
Cake Layers—My cake is stamped on a 3-1/8" x 4-3/8" piece of Whisper White. I built the cake from the base up:
- Bermuda Bay for the cake base
- Crushed Curry for the first Build A Birthday layer
- Cherry On Top Washi Tape for the middle layer
- Watermelon Wonder for the top Build a Birthday layer
- Cucumber Crush for the flags at the top
Itty Bitty Blooms—I punched the small Bermuda Bay, Crushed Curry and Watermelon Wonder flowers with the Itty Bitty Punch Pack flower punch. I like to form the flowers around the end of my Bone Folder to give them dimension, then adhere them with a Glue Dot. The centers are adorned with Rhinestone Jewels.
Sweet Sentiment—I stamped the Build A Birthday greeting in Memento Black ink over the bottom cake layer.
Inside Fold One—I decorated the inside flap with a piece of 2-5/8" x 5-3/8" piece of Cherry On Top Designer Series Paper. You'll receive a 1/2 pack of Cherry On Top DSP in your Build A Birthday Class Kit!
Inside Fold 2—I added a strip of matching Cherry On Top Washi Tape to the bottom of my 3-1/8" x 4-3/8" piece of Whisper White for the inside writing area. You'll receive a package of Cherry On Top Washi Tape in your Build A Birthday Class Kit!
Two Cool—I tried a different panel of Cherry On Top DSP for the second version.
Cake Layers—I stamped all three layers of this cake, adding a striped Cucumber Crush layer. The shorter cake left enough room to stamp Crushed Curry flags on the top. It's so much fun to mix & match the layers & patterns!
Complete Supplies List
- Stamps—Build A Birthday (photopolymer)
- Ink—Memento Black Ink; Bermuda Bay, Crushed Curry & Watermelon Wonder Classic Ink
- Paper—Cherry On Top DSP Stack; Bermuda Bay, Crushed Curry, Watermelon Wonder & Whisper White card stock
- Accessories—Cherry On Top Washi Tape, Rhinestone Jewels
- Tools—Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack, Bone Folder, Glue Dots, Dimensionals, SNAIL
Find all the supplies to create these projects & more at my Online Store!
* * * * *
I Want To Hear From You! Leave me a comment at the bottom of the page!