Too Cool Events & Specials!
- NEW Too Cool Stamp Club—Group 2 Signups Now Open!
- TC Stamper Sampler Class—Modern Medley Set July 23
- Stamp-of-the-Month: Traveler—Class-To-Go Kits Available!
- Buy 3, Get 1 FREE Designer Paper - Thru July 31
- You're Awesome 20% off MDS Print Products - Thru July 31
- Blendabilities Markers Now Available!
- Browse the NEW Annual Catalog Online PDF
Last Chance! RSVP by Today, July 22, 5pm
Join us on Wednesday, July 23 as we create the Modern Medley Card Set!
* * * * *
- Moonlight Woven Paper Card—Choose either the Lost Lagoon or Blackberry Bliss color combination from the Moonlight Papers.
- Gifts of Kindness Square Cards—Try a square card with a fun Window Frame die-cut extension.
- Endless Birthday Wishes Tag Card—Create a fun background with washi tape and sequins.
- Blended Color Block Silhouette—Stamp a beautiful color blend with a clear-mount block.
See Complete "Last Thursdays" Class Details!
RSVP Today to reserve your spot at my local class or order your Class-To-Go Kit.
* * * * *
Here's a closer look at another one of the "Last Thursdays" projects...
I often have customers that tell me they like washi tapes, but they aren't really sure what to do with them. Well, today's projects feature one of the easiest and most fun ways to use washi tape...create a colorful striped background! (Psst: Here's another fun way to use washi tape that we tried at our June class: Beach House Washi Tape Balloons.)
CASEd from Catherine Joy Stockley at Catherine Loves Stamps.
Background Basics—I started with a 5" x 3-3/4" piece of Very Vanilla card stock and added a variety of colorful stripes with the Retro Fresh Washi Tape and the Watercolor Wonder Washi Tape (the gold dotted one).
All of the short ends are torn off at different lengths and the other ends are wrapped around the edge of the card stock.
Word Stripes—I added some unique stripes using some of the words from the Endless Birthday Wishes Photopolymer Set. The "celebrate" is stamped in Coastal Cabana ink and the "awesome" is stamped in So Saffron. Both are continued in a straight line across the width of the card. It's super easy to line them up because they are clear stamps so you can see precisely where to position them!
Cool Combos—I love all of words and phrases in the Endless Birthday Wishes Photopolymer set! There are so many combinations you can use for a variety of occasions, not just birthdays. Get this set while you can, because it's only available for a limted time, while supplies last.
Birthday Tag—The focal point tag is die-cut from the Chalk Talk Framelits, then stamped with more images from the Endless Birthday Wishes set. The cake is stamped in Baked Brown Sugar, then decorated with Coastal Cabana dots and a small So Saffron swoosh from Work of Art.
Finishing Touches—I left just enough room at the side for a cute combination of words in Baked Brown Sugar and Tangerine Tango. Then I dressed up the tag with a Coastal Cabana Thick Baker's Twine bow and some Gold Sequins, adhered individually with Glue Dots.
The tag is popped up with Dimensionals. The whole decorated background is mounted on a 5-1/4" x 4" Baked Brown Sugar mat and adhered to a So Saffron card base.
The vertical version uses the same elements, but I moved the gold washi tape to the bottom to balance out the Gold Sequins on the top. I also tried out another combination of words. So many choices!
This versatile card design is perfect for nearly anyone—any gender, any age! It's one of those cards that's great to keep on hand for birthdays that unexpectedly sneak up on you!
Complete Supplies List
- Stamps—Endless Birthday Wishes Photopolymer, Work of Art (wood)
- Ink—Coastal Cabana, Baked Brown Sugar, Tangerine Tango Classic Ink
- Paper—So Saffron, Baked Brown Suga and Very Vanilla card stock
- Accessories—Retro Fresh Washi Tape, Watercolor Wonder Washi Tape, Coastal Cabana Thick Baker's Twine, Gold Sequin Trim
- Tools—Chalk Talk Framelits, Big Shot, Glue Dots, Dimensionals, SNAIL
Find all the supplies to create this project & more at my Online Store!
RSVP For The "Last Thursdays" Card Class Today!