- Browse The 2016 Annual Catalog—See the latest products!
- Request A FREE Catalog—Learn how!
- Clearance Rack—Discounted retired merchandise!
- Bonus Days Coupons—Earn $5 Coupons for every $50 you spend.
- July Stamp-of-the-Month Class—Featuring Blooms & Wishes July 25
- "Last Thursdays" Monthly Card Class—Rescheduled for July 21, 6:30-8:30pm.
Hi Stamping Friends!
My monthly "Last Thursdays" class is tonight. I do have a couple of extra kits, so if you still want to join us, please let me know ASAP! Also, don't forget that for every $50 you spend now through the end of July, you can receive a $5 coupon to redeem in August during Bonus Days!
• • • • •
July "Last Thursdays" Card Class
Rescheduled For Thursday, July 21, 2016, 6:30pm. Only A Few Kits Remain!
Contact Me To RSVP For The "Last Thursdays" Class!
CASEd from Windy Ellard at Windy's Wonderful Creations
Pop of Paradise Flamingo Cards
Flamingos seem to be everywhere these days! It's been a growing trend for the past couple of years (I love that Stampin' Up! is right there with the trends!) So, what's your vote on flamingos? Are you a flamingo fan? I never thought I was, but these guys are just too cute! Plus, I simply adore the whole Pop of Pink Suite of products featuring Melon Mambo, Basic Black, Whisper White and golden accents! Everything coordinates so well that projects come together in mere minutes!
Background Basics—I started by stamping Pop of Paradise leaves in VersaMark ink down the side of a 3-3/4" x 5" piece of Whisper White card stock. Then, I sprinkled on Gold Embossing Powder and set it with the Heat Tool until the images were glossy & smooth.
Pink Layers—Next, I added a 1/2" x 5" piece of the Pop of Pink Specialty Designer Series Paper that has the gold confetti accents along the opposite side. Next to that, I adhered a strip of black dotted Pop of Pink Washi Tape with the ends wrapped around the back. And finally, I adhered a 1-1/4" x 5" piece of pink polka dot Pop of Pink DSP down the center.
That layer was matted onto a 3-7/8" x 5-1/8" piece of Basic Black, then I tied it with some Melon Mambo Thick Baker's Twine. The entire layer is popped up with Dimensionals.
Circle Focal Point—I stamped the Pop of Paradise flamingo in Melon Mambo ink onto Whisper White card stock, then added the sentiment in Memento Black ink, stamped very close to the bird. Then, I die-cut the circle and it's black scalloped circle mat with the help of the Layering Circles Framelits. The medallion is popped up with more Dimensionals.
Finishing Touches—I gave another small touch of gold by adhering some gold sequins from the Metallics Sequin Assortment around the flamingo and phrase with Multipurpose Glue.
Two Cool—For my second card, I started with the cute little pineapple image for the gold embossed border. Speaking of trendy flamingos...pineapples are also very, very trendy right now, too! Seriously...Stampin' Up! knows how to be in style!
I die-cut the flamingo with the Layering Ovals Framelits this time, which subtly changes the whole look of the card. I thought the hand-cut gold embossed thank you banner was a nice finishing touch for this medallion shape.
Complete Supplies List—"Clear" means a rubber stamp on a clear block. "Photopolymer" is see-thru.
- Stamps—Pop of Paradise (clear, wood)
- Ink—VersaMark; Memento Black Ink (card #1); & Melon Mambo
- Paper—Pop of Pink Specialty DSP; Melon Mambo, Basic Black & Whisper White
- Accessories—Pop of Pink Washi Tape, Gold Embossing Powder, Metallics Sequins Assortment & Melon Mambo Thick Baker's Twine
- Tools—Layering Circles Framelits (card #1), Layering Ovals Framelits (card #2), Big Shot, Heat Tool, Multipurpose Glue, Dimensionals, SNAIL
• • • • •
Until next time,
Going On Now—Bonus Days are here! Earn a $5 Bonus Coupon for every $50 purchase!