►Check Out My Too Cool Stamping Classes!◄
- See my Calendar of Events for my complete class schedule!
- Or, see details about the newest Spring class additions!
Sale-A-Brate 3 Ways To Earn FREE Products!
- Shop—Earn FREE Sale-A-Bration Items For Every $50 Order! Shop now!
- Host—Earn $30 More Hostess Dollars With A $300 Party! Host a party!
- Join—Choose $150 Worth of Stampin' Supplies For Only $99! Join now!
►Browse the Sale-A-Bration Flyer PDF to see choices!
Hi Stamping Friends!
Today's project is similar to one that was presented by Brandi Barnard at Leadership! She was sharing the current trends and this card showcased two of the current trends going on in papercrafting: Poloroids and confetti!
Also inspired by Chris Slogar at Buckeye Inklings.
If you like the interactive motion of shaker cards, but don't like all the hassle of assembing it, this is one shaker style that is pretty easy to put together. It also "shakes" better than some of the shaker cards I've made in the past.
Poloroid Shaker Base—Start by die-cutting the Poloroid shape from the On Film Framelits. TIP: I usually have to use a card stock shim when I run it through the Big Shot to get the best embossed texture, especially on the thinner White or Vanilla card stocks.
Add some Sticky Strip along each edge of the back of the frame. TIP: You may have to either trim the Sticky Strip so it's skinnier, or fold it over onto itself to fit in the thin borders.
Cello Shaker—I used a retired Small Cello Bag because fits perfectly with the height of the Poloroid frame. But you could easily substitute either a 4x6" Cello Bag or a Clear Envelope for the shaker. You'll just need to trim it down to 3-1/2" square, then adhere it to the Sticky Strip on the back of the frame. Prepare the seal of the bag/envelope by adding more Sticky Strip along all open edges.
Stamping On The Shaker—I added some stamped images to the front of my Cello Bag before adhering it to the frame. Since it's a non-porous, glossy surface, I used StazOn White Ink to stamp my arrows from the Peachy Keen stamp set.
TIP: StazOn White apparently doesn't dry as immediately on smooth surfaces as the StazOn Black, as I learned the hard way. While I was adhering the bag, I smeared my arrows, and if you look closely, you can see white specks all over the front of my shaker. Oh well...
Heart Confetti—I wanted a little sparkle in the shaker, so I started with some Small Heart punches from the Silver Glimmer Paper.
Fringe Confetti—The tiny squares of Coastal Cabana and Strawberry Slush confetti were super-easy to cut with the Fringe Scissors! Simply cut in one direction, then cut again in the opposite direction for tons of 1/8" square pieces in a jiffy! Too Cool!
Add the confetti to the shaker, then seal up the open ends leaving just a little bit of air inside the shaker.
Attaching The Shaker—I wanted the shaker to be loose enough that it could shake well, so I gave it plenty of freedom to move by attaching it with only two strips of Gingham Garden Washi Tape. Even though the Island Indigo card base is embossed with the Arrows folder, the shaker is light enough for the tape to hold it on securely on the texture.
Finishing Touches—I stamped the Geometrical greeting in Island Indigo before the shaker was assembled, and filled in the "o" letters with Rhinestone Jewels. I also popped up another Small Glimmer Heart with Dimensionals.
Complete Supplies List:
- Stamps—Peachy Keen (wood) OR Peachy Keen Bundle (wood), Geometrical (wood)
- Ink—White StazOn Ink; Island Indigo Classic Ink
- Paper—Silver Glimmer Paper; Island Indigo, Coastal Cabana, Strawberry Slush and Whisper White card stock
- Accessories—Small Cello Bag (retired) OR 4x6" Cello Bag OR Clear Envelope, Gingham Garden Washi Tape, Rhinestone Jewels
- Tools—Arrows Texture Impressions Folder, On Film Framelits OR Peachy Keen Bundle (wood), Big Shot, Small Heart Punch, Fringe Scissors, Sticky Strip, Dimensionals, SNAIL
Find all the supplies to create these projects & more at my Online Store!
Too Cool Events!
- Full Spring Classes Event Schedule
- "Last Thursdays" Monthly Card Class—Feb 27, RSVP by Feb. 26.
- Anything Goes Open Stamp Night—March 6, 5:30-9pm
- Happenings Cards & Card Box—Register by March 6, on March 19
- Wow Techniques Class—March 14, 6:30pm
- Perfect Pennants Stamp-of-the Month Kit—Register by March 15.
Don't Miss These!