Current Classes & Special Promotions!
- EVENT: Sale-A-Bration Celebration—Exclusive Too Cool Event. By invitation only! April 19.
- CLASS: Stamper Sampler—Featuring Sheer Perfection Vellum. April 22.
- CLASS: "Last Thursdays" Card Class—April 30
- Occasions Catalog—Spring items available thru June 2, 2015
- SPECIAL: Weekly Deals—New specials announced every Tuesday!
Hi Stamping Friends!
I can't wait to stamp with my Too Cool Team tonight! It's our team meeting day! Our local team gets together every other month on the second Monday of the month for a fun & informative night of stamping!
If you love to stamp, you'd love our team meetings! We share helpful business tips and create FREE make & takes, plus there are creative presentations, show & tell, challenges, and a swap! It's a whole lot of fun hanging out with these awesome ladies!
Our swap theme this month is masculine cards and today's project is my contribution to the swap!
* * * * *
I love using the Wetlands stamp set for masculine cards. The nature images are so peaceful and serene, and they're versatile enough to work for all kinds of occasions. The font is gorgeous and elegant, too!
I really had fun creating this tryptic nature scene! A tryptic is simply a trio of artwork that is presented together as one whole piece. The side two panels are extensions of the center focal point.
CASEd from LeeAnn Greff at Flowerbug's Inkspot.
Background Basics—I started with a 4-1/4" x 4-1/4" square of Soft Suede card stock and added some Stacked With Love Washi Tape along the bottom border.
Before adhering to the vertically folded Soft Sky card base, I wrapped Soft Sky Painted Blooms Cotton Twine around the layer and tied into a knot.
Tryptic Panel—Even though it looks like three panels, it's actually only two layers. And you may think that I used the double-time stamping technique, but I stamped both layers separately.
Here's how it's done:
- Start by stamping a Wetlands sentiment with Memento Tuxedo Black ink in the top left corner of a 2-1/2" x 3" piece of Whisper White.
- Stamp the Wetlands goose image in Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
- Stamp the Wetlands reeds image in Memento Tuxedo Black ink on either side of the goose.
- Sponge Old Olive ink around the grassy area.
- Sponge Soft Suede ink on the edges of the grassy area.
- Sponge Soft Sky ink all around the goose.
- Use a Blender Pen and Soft Suede ink to lightly shade the goose image.
- Mat it on a 2-5/8" x 3-1/8" piece of Basic Black card stock.
- For the second layer, I stamped reed images on each side of a 4-1/8" x 3" piece of Whisper White.
- Add Old Olive and Soft Suede sponging around the grass.
- Sponge Soft Sky near the top of each side.
- Mat on a 4-1/4" x 3-1/8" piece of Basic Black card stock.
- Adhere this bottom layer to the card base with SNAIL.
- Pop up the goose layer with Dimensionals.
Two Cool—I used the opposite colors for the background on my second version, and switched to the Baked Brown Sugar Thick Baker's Twine.
I think I almost like this version better because it makes the focal point really pop!
Complete Supplies List
- Stamps—Wetlands (wood)
- Ink—Memento Tuxedo Black; Old Olive, Soft Sky & Soft Suede Classic Ink
- Paper—Soft Sky, Soft Suede & Whisper White card stock
- Accessories—Stamped With Love Washi Tape, Painted Blooms Cotton Twine 3-Pack (card #1), Baked Brown Sugar Thick Baker's Twine (card #2)
- Tools—Sponges, Blender Pens, Dimensionals, SNAIL
Find all the supplies to create these projects & more at my Online Store!
* * * * *
Want To Join Us? If you're in the Fort Wayne, IN, area...don't miss out on the fun! Join my team and come and stamp with us! On our non-meeting months, we do shoebox swaps, so we're having fun every month! If you're still considering, I invite you to come as my guest to get see the fun first-hand! Just contact me! I have one guest spot opening for tonight's meeting...contact me!
Stamper Sampler: Sheer Perfection Vellum & Butterflies Class
Wednesday, April 22, 2015, at 6:30 pm. Limited spaces available!
Create 7 cards featuring the retired Sheer Perfection Vellum, along with lots of butterfly embellishments!
See Complete Details for the Sheer Perfection Vellum & Butterflies Class!
Stampin' Quick Links