- Paper Pumpkin BOGO—Buy 1, Get 2nd Month FREE thru October 10!
- NEW Exclusive Thoughtful Branches Bundle—Available for limited time, August 2-31 only!
- Browse The 2016 Annual Catalog—See the latest products!
- Clearance Rack—Discounted retired merchandise!
- Bonus Days Coupon Redemption—August 2-31
- Holiday Catalog—Begins on September 1
- August "Last Thursdays" Card Class—August 25
- Greetings From Santa Countdown To Christmas Class—Register by August 31.
Hi Stamping Friends!
I've got two cool fall cards to share with you today, each featuring the pretty Leaflets Framelits combined with new washi tape from the upcoming Holiday Catalog. I still have spaces left to join us tomorrow as we create this fun card at my "Last Thursdays" card class! RSVP by today at 5:00pm.
• • • • •
August "Last Thursdays" Card Class
Thursday, August 25, 2016, 6:30pm. RSVP by Wednesday, August 24, at 5pm.See Complete "Last Thursdays" Class Details!
Two Cool Washi Tape Maple Leaf Cards
Washi tape is so much fun for decorating accents and backgrounds and nothing showcases it better than today's fall-themed cards! I used the Leaflets Framelits, along with the new Halloween Night Washi Tape to create a focal point that is popped up on one card and recessed on the other. Both are Too Cool!
Background Basics—I based the color combination of this card on the colors of the Halloween Night Washi Tape—it's not just for Halloween! The Whisper White background layer is 5" x 3-3/4" and popped up onto a 5-1/8" x 3-7/8" piece of Pumpkin Pie, then mounted onto a Perfect Plum card base.
I embossed a 5" x 3/4" piece of Old Olive card stock with the Festive Texture Impressions Folder and adhered it along the bottom.
Popped Up Maple Leaf—To create the popped up focal point, I started by adhering the Halloween Night Washi Tape onto a 3-1/2" x 3-1/2" scrap piece of Whisper White card stock in a diagonal repeating pattern. I die-cut the maple shape with the Leaflets Framelits, then popped it up with Dimensionals.
Finishing Touches—The coordinating Halloween Night Enamel Dots look fantastic surrounding this leaf! Love these shiny details! I also like the touch of rustic texture with the double bow of Linen Thread, adhered with a Glue Dot.
Sweet Sentiment—I finished the card with a Cottage Greetings sentiment stamped in Perfect Plum ink!
I love the look of the popped up version, but take a look at what happens when you reverse the process...
Two Cool—This time, I tried a vertical card and I die-cut the Leaflets shape directly from my background piece. The Old Olive strip is embossed with the Seaside Folder and trimmed off to be flush with the Whisper White layer.
Recessed Maple Leaf—I still laid out the washi tape on the 3-1/2" square Whisper White piece, but I adhered it onto the Pumpkin Pie layer and now the die-cut layer is popped up over the top. The embellishments look just as lovely on this recessed window as the original card!
Complete Supplies List—"Clear" means a rubber stamp on a clear block. "Photopolymer" is see-thru.
- Stamps—Cottage Greetings (clear, wood)
- Ink—Perfect Plum
- Paper—Old Olive, Perfect Plum, Pumpkin Pie & Whisper White
- Accessories—Linen Thread, Halloween Night Washi Tape, Halloween Night Enamel Dots
- Tools—Leaflets Framelits, Festive Texture Impressions Folder (card #1), Seaside Texture Impressions Folder (card #2), Big Shot, Glue Dots, Dimensionals, SNAIL
• • • • •
Hope you enjoyed todays cards! Until next time,
September Countdown To Christmas Class Series
12 Cards Featuring Greetings From Santa! Class-To-Go Kits Available!See Complete Greetings From Santa Class Details!
Exclusive, Limited-Time-Only Thoughtful Branches Bundle Available!
Buy One, Get One FREE Paper Pumpkin Monthly Kits
August 11 thru October 10, 2016 • Subscribe Today!