- Browse The 2016 Annual Catalog—See the latest products!
- Request A FREE Catalog—Learn how!
- Clearance Rack—Discounted retired merchandise!
- Bonus Days Coupons—Earn $5 Coupons for every $50 you spend.
- July Stamp-of-the-Month Class—Featuring Blooms & Wishes July 25
- "Last Thursdays" Monthly Card Class—Rescheduled for July 21, 6:30-8:30pm.
Hi Stamping Friends!
Rescheduled For This Week—My "Last Thursdays" monthly card class is happening THIS WEEK on the 3rd Thursday, due to an out-of-town family wedding that I'll be attending. I hope you can join us THIS THURSDAY! Here are the details...
• • • • •
July "Last Thursdays" Card Class
Rescheduled For Thursday, July 21, 2016, 6:30pm. RSVP by Wednesday, July 20, at 5pm.
Create 4 cards using Too Cool techniques, plus envelopes. We'll be featuring a variety of card styles, including some fun summer-themed designs!
July "Last Thursdays" Projects
- Watercolor Wings Spritzed Card—Add a spritz to enhance the watercolor look of these 3-step stamps!
- Pop of Paradise Flamingo Card—Enjoy creating with the Pop of Pink Suite!
- Soft & Shimmery Grateful Bunch Card—Add shimmer to these delicate flower images!
- Swirly Sailboat Sunshine Wishes Card—A cheerful summery card created with the Swirly Bird Bundle!
Class Fee—$10 OR it's FREE with a minimum order placed at the event!
Bring-A-Friend, Select a Prize Box—Bring a friend who has never been to my classes before and you'll be able to select a Pop of Pink Thank You Box with a surprise prize listed inside!
*Fine Print: Minimum $20 order for FREE local class at my Too Cool Stamping studio..
Contact Me To RSVP For The "Last Thursdays" Class!
CASEd from Tamra Davis at The Card Ladies.
Watercolor Wings Spritzed Cards
The Watercolor Wings 3-step stamp set makes it easy to create colorful butterflies with a cool watercolor look. I took it one step further by adding a little extra spritz of water to give the images a more blended look of watercolor. It's a lot of fun playing with this technique!
Background Basics—I started by embossing a 5-1/2" x 2" piece of Rich Razzleberry card stock with the Festive Texture Impressions Folder, then adhering it to a Rich Razzleberry card base.
Watercolor Butterflies—I started with a piece of Whisper White card stock measuring 4-5/8" x 3-3/8". You could also use Shimmery White card stock or Watercolor Paper for this technique. I actually like the look best on Shimmery White, so I'll be using that for my class. The butterflies are stamped as follows:
- Solid layer stamped in Flirty Flamingo ink.
- Outer edges image is stamped in Peekaboo Peach ink.
- Inside details are stamped in Rich Razzleberry ink.
I also stamped the 3-dots image in Pool Party several times, many without re-inking, for a fun dotted background.
Spritzed Butterflies—Once I was done stamping the wings and dots, I used the Stampin' Spritzer to add a light mist of water droplets over the whole piece. I wanted just enough to allow the ink to lightly blend, but not so much that the ink would run all over. If you get too much water, simply have a paper towel ready to dab it off.
TIP: The Whisper White card stock, Shimmery White card stock and Watercolor Paper all take different amounts of spritz to get the desired results, so practice on some scrap first.
Allow the layer to dry completely before adhering it to a 4-3/4" x 3-1/2" Peekaboo Peach layer with SNAIL. Use a Heat Tool on the low setting to speed up drying. If it's not completely dry, it may not adhere. Attach the entire stamped layer to the card front with Dimensionals.
Sweet Sentiment—Stamp the Watercolor Wings greeting in Rich Razzleberry onto a 2-1/2" x 1/2" piece of Whisper White card stock, then fishtail the ends with Paper Snips. Adhere to card front with Dimensionals.
Two Cool—My second card has an Island Indigo card base and greeting.
Butterflies—These butterflies started with a solid Blushing Bride color, then were topped with the same Peekaboo Peach and Rich Razzleberry stamped layers.
Extra Sparkle—I used the Wink of Stella Clear to add some shimmer to the Rich Razzleberry parts. Nice!
Complete Supplies List—"Clear" means a rubber stamp on a clear block. "Photopolymer" is see-thru.
- Stamps—Watercolor Wings photopolymer stamps
- Ink—Blushing Bride (card #2), Flirty Flamingo (card #1),
- Island Indigo (card #2), Peekaboo Peach, Rich Razzleberry, Pool Party
- Paper—Rich Razzleberry (card #1), Island Indigo (card #2), Peekaboo Peach & Whisper White
- or Shimmery White or Watercolor Paper
- Accessories—Wink of Stella Clear (optional)
- Tools—Big Shot, Festive Texture Impressions Folder, Stampin' Spritzer, Paper Snips, Dimensionals, SNAIL
• • • • •
Until next time,
►►"Last Thursdays" Monthly Card Class Rescheduled—I've had to move my monthly card class up a week this month due to an out-of-town wedding. Please join me on the third Thursday of the month, July 21, at 6:30. We'll be making 4 cards for just $10, or the class is FREE with a purchase that night. Card project details coming soon!
Going On Now—Bonus Days are here! Earn a $5 Bonus Coupon for every $50 purchase!