- Year-End Closeouts—Save up to 60% off!
- Retiring Holiday Items—See which items are going for good!
- Browse Holiday Catalog—Shop Holiday Catalog online!
- Browse The 2016 Annual Catalog—See the current products!
- Clearance Rack—Retired merchandise up to 60% off!
- "Last Thursdays" Monthly Card Class—December 29. 4 cards for $15. Local class.
- 2017 Occasions Catalog & Sale-a-Bration Kickoff Party—January 22. Details coming soon!
Hi Stamping Friends!
Christmas is over and it's time to jump right into some BRAND NEW projects from the 2017 Occasions Catalog! The new catalog, and the annual Sale-a-Bration promotion, begin on January 4! I'll be doing a SNEAK PEEK of some fun new stuff at my upcoming "Last Thursdays" monthly card class on December 29!
Want To Join Us For "Last Thursdays" Class This Week?—We'll be creating 4 cards using NEW STUFF from the Occasions Catalog! I'm sharing one of the cards today, and will have more details about the other cards tomorrow! It's $15 for the class, or FREE when you place a qualifying order the night of the class! Classes are held in my Fort Wayne, IN, studio.
RSVP by 8pm on Wednesday, December 28—Contact me today!
Split Image—I wanted to do two different techniques with the Big On Birthdays image, so to make it easier, I used my super-sharp Paper Snips to cut the sentiment away from the floral accents. I love doing this to give my photopolymer stamps much more versatility! If I want to use the full image later, I simply fit the two pieces back together like a jigsaw puzzle!
Two-Toned Sentiment—To achieve the fun two-color look, I first stamped the words in Bermuda Bay ink.
Then, I used a Sponge Dauber to add a little Night of Navy ink to the bottom of the letters before stamping onto a scrap of Whisper White card stock. So easy and the result is Too Cool!
Next, I stamped the second part of the image, the floral border, in Memento Black Ink over the right corner, right where it was originally placed. I finished the sentiment by adding a "to you" image underneath, also in Memento Black.
I die-cut the imagery with the Lots of Labels Framelits, and eventually popped up the label onto the card front with Dimensionals.Watercolor Shimmer—I colored in the flowers and leaves with Classic Ink Pads and a Blender Pen using Bermuda Bay, Night of Navy and Island Indigo for the flowers and Old Olive for the leaves. I brushed on some shimmery Wink of Steller Clear over the flowers, then topped them with some tiny Pearl Jewels. Beautiful!!!
Two Cool—For my second version, I went for the same design in a different color scheme. The background layer is Rich Razzleberry, embossed with the Petal Burst Embossing Folder, and I used the "debossed" side again.
Two-Tone—This time I stamped the words first in Melon Mambo, then sponged on the darker Rich Razzleberry along the bottom.
Flowers—The flowers are watercolored with Melon Mambo, Rich Razzleberry and Sweet Sugarplum inks.
Complete Supplies List—"Clear" means a rubber stamp on a clear block. "Photopolymer" is see-thru.
- Stamps—Big On Birthdays (photopolymer) available January 4, 2017!
- Ink—Memento Black Ink; Bermuda Bay, Island Indigo, Night of Navy (card #1); Melon Mambo, Rich Razzleberry, Sweet Sugarplum (card #2); Old Olive
- Paper—Night of Navy (card #1), Rich Razzleberry (card #2) & Whisper White
- Accessories—Wink of Stella Clear, Pearl Jewels
- Tools—Seaside Texture Impressions Folder (card #1), Petal Burst Texture Impressions Folder (card #2), Lots of Layers Framelits, Big Shot, Paper Snips, Blender Pen, Dimensionals, SNAIL
• • • • •
I'd Love To Hear From You!
Leave me a comment at the bottom of the page!
Until next time!
Year-End Closeouts—Save Up To 60%!
Stampin' Up! is clearing out their inventory with BIG savings! You'll find great prices on retiring Holiday Catalog merchandise, Clearance Rack deals and excess inventory items! Retiring stamp sets are guaranteed available thru December 21 and all other retiring items are available while supplies last. See the Holiday Catalog Retiring List PDF.