- Extra Stampin' Rewards—Hosts can earn $35 more reward dollars in June.
- Select 2 FREE Stamp Sets With Starter Kit—June 1-30.
- Browse The 2016 Annual Catalog—See the latest products!
- Request A FREE Catalog—Learn how!
- Clearance Rack—Discounted retired merchandise!
- BIG BOGO Bash Event—Huge Retired Clearance Sale! June 26, 1-6pm.
- "Last Thursdays" Monthly Card Class—June 30, 6:30-8:30pm.
Hi Stamping Friends!
So, what do you think of the Swirly Bird stamp set & Swirly Scribbles Thinlits? I purchased that bundle right away, because it was one of the few bundles available on our pre-order, but I admit that I wasn't completely sold on it. But, wow, there are like 14 gazillion projects using that bundle and I have to admit that it's pretty darn versatile and pretty darn pretty!
Today, I'm sharing two Swirly Bird cards created for our team swap last week.
►►Please Share Your Swirly Bird Projects! If you have made some cards with the Swirly Bird Bundle, I'd love for you to share! Head on over to my Too Cool Stamping Facebook Page and post a photo of your Swirly Bird project!
Sunday, June 26, 2016, from 1-6pm.
Buy ONE clearance item, Get ONE FREE new catalog item of your choice! Shop my HUGE clearance sale—100s of stamps, papers, embellishments & tools—and for every dollar you spend on my retired merchandise, you'll be able to order that amount in NEW catalog products for FREE! Dollar-for-dollar! Event Fee—$5, waived if you order more than $75 in clearance items. See event details.
1) Darla's Swirly Bird Get Well Sooner Card—Darla Eigenschink created this cheerful card using lots of the little stamp images from the Swirly Bird set. This would brighten anyone's day!
Double-Time Background—Darla used at double-time technique to make the background flow over the two layers. She started with a 3-5/8" x 2-5/8" piece of Whisper White and temporarily tacked it to the Whisper White card base. Then she randomly stamped down the left side: splatter image in Crumb Cake & Mint Macaron inks, rose swirl in Crushed Curry and daisy in Sweet Sugarplum.
Next, she rounded the top left and bottom right corners of the layer with the Project Life Corner Rounder. She also rounded the same corners of a 3-3/4" x 2-3/4" mat in Sweet Sugarplum. Both layers are adhered together and added to the card front with SNAIL.
Swirly Flowers—The Swirly Scribbles Thinlits were used to create the swirly abstract flowers in Sweet Sugarplum, Flirty Flamingo & Peekaboo Peach In Colors, then attached with the Fine-Tip Glue Pen. The leaves were stamped in Mint Macaron—the solid image was stamped off once first to make it a lighter color, then the veins were in full color. They were die-cut with the Thinlits, too.
Sweet Sentiment—Darla used a greeting from the Greatest Greetings stamp set in Sweet Sugarplum ink.
Darla's Complete Supplies List—"Clear" means a rubber stamp on a clear block. "Photopolymer" is see-thru.
- Stamps—Swirly Bird Bundle (photopolymer), Greatest Greetings (clear, wood)
- Ink—Crumb Cake, Crushed Curry, Mint Macaron, Sweet Sugarplum Classic Ink
- Paper—Flirty Flamingo, Peekaboo Peach, Sweet Sugarplum & Whisper White card stock
- Tools—Swirly Bird Bundle (photopolymer), Big Shot, Project Life Corner Rounder, Fine-Tip Glue Pen, SNAIL
2) Kathe's Swirly Bird Flowers Birthday Card—Kathe Madsen used the Swirly Bird stamp set to create different swirly flowers that were stamped instead of die-cut! So sweet!
Background Basics—Kathe started with a 4-7/8" x 3-5/8" Whisper White stamped layer, matted onto a 5-1/4" x 4" layer of Cucumber Crush, then popped up onto a Peekaboo Peach card base.
Masked Swirly Flowers—To create the layered stamp look of the flowers, Kathe used a simple masking technique. She stamped the Peekaboo Peach image first. Next she stamped the same image onto a sticky note and cut out the image just inside the edge and laid that over the stamped flower. Then she could stamp the second flower in Flirty Flamingo. The Cucumber Crush leaves were added in the same way by stamping over the mask. It looks like she had to create two masks to cover both flowers in order to stamp the bottom leaves, as well as the Pool Party splatter image.
The small Swirly Bird flowers were stamped onto Whisper White scrap and die-cut with the Swirly Scribbles Thinlits. They were popped up with Dimensionals and accented with Rhinestone Jewels.
Sweet Sentiment—Kathe stamped the Rose Wonder greeting in Cucumber Crush. The little Swirly Bird bird was stamped in Crushed Curry then hand-cut and popped up with Dimensionals.
Finishing Touches—After the card was assembled, Kathe used a White Gel Pen to add a dotted line around the border.
Kathe's Complete Supplies List—"Clear" means a rubber stamp on a clear block. "Photopolymer" is see-thru.
- Stamps—Swirly Bird stamp set (photopolymer) or Swirly Bird Bundle (photopolymer), Rose Wonder (photopolymer)
- Ink—Cucumber Crush, Crushed Curry, Flirty Flamingo, Peekaboo Peach & Pool Party Classic Ink
- Paper—Cucumber Crush, Peekaboo Peach & Whisper White card stock
- Accessories—Rhinestone Jewels, White Gel Pen (retired)
- Tools—Swirly Bird Bundle (photopolymer), Big Shot, Dimensionals, SNAIL
• • • • •
Thanks so much to Darla & Kathe for sharing their projects!
Until next time,
Two Cool Ways To Earn FREE Stamps In June!
#1 Earn Extra Stampin' Rewards!—Earn $35 in extra Stampin' Rewards dollars to spend when you have a minimum $350 workshop or individual order! Learn more about the Extra Stampin' Rewards Promotion!
#2 Purchase A $99 Starter Kit, Select Two FREE Stamps!—Select Two Stamp Sets of your choice with the purchase the $99 Starter Kit! Learn more about the More Stamps Please Promotion.