Today's card is a CASE from the queen of Stampin' Up! herself, CEO and co-founder, Shelli Gardner!
CASEd from Shelli Gardner at SoShelli.com.
I fell in love with this card design as soon as I saw it! It uses the Window Frame nested Framelits in a fancy-opening, tri-fold card!
Here is the card opened up. I even added a matching Whisper White die-cut to the inside to write on!
Now was the perfect time to create this card because of the awesome October FREE Festive Paper-Piercing Pack promotion! This pack has templates that coordinate with the Window Frame Framelits also used on this card.
See details on how to earn your FREE pack: October FREE Festive Paper-Piercing Pack promotion.
Make Your Own Tri-Fold Card With A Twist
- Start with a Crumb Cake card stock base that is 5-1/2" x 4". That's a little skinnier than a standard size card because part of the accent sticks off the side and we want it to fit in a Medium White Envelope. Also note that it's not a folded base, just one layer.
- I nipped each of the corners of the base with a 1" Circle Punch.
- Use the largest Window Frame Framelit to die-cut the next piece in So Saffron.
- Run the die-cut through the Big Shot with the Perfect Polka Dot Texture Embossing Folder. You won't be able to emboss the whole piece, so do the part that is going to show on the front.
- Using the Simply Scored Tool, score at the 1" mark from the non-embossed side.
- Use the next largest Window Frame Framelit to die-cut a Soft Suede piece.
- Add Distressed Dots background texture, inked in Soft Suede.
- Score the second piece 1" from the curved edge, just like the previous die-cut.
- Use Sticky Strip to adhere the tabs of each die-cut to the back of the card.
- Die-cut the next size smallest Window Frame in Pool Party.
- I decorated this layer with paper-piercing using the Festive Paper-Piercing Pack, then attached with Dimensionals. It's overhaning the edge of the card so that it's centered on the Soft Suede layer.
- Wrap a Crumb Cake Seam Binding around the entire card and tie into a bow. I cut the outer point off of the die-cut, so the ribbon would lay better.
- Add a Pool Party Designer Printed Brad through the ribbon to hold it in place.
- Stamp the image from Friendship Preserves in Soft Suede ink, then die-cut with the smaller die-cut.
- Color in the image with Pool Party and So Saffron Markers.
- Add Dazzling Diamonds glitter with a 2-Way Glue Pen.
You could easily duplicate this card design to work with some of the other nested Framelits dies. I've seen a cute one with the Floral Frames Framelits, and I bet the Labels Collection ones would look fantastic on a vertical or horizontal card! One more project on the To Try List!
Complete Supply List:
- Stamps—Friendship Preserves, Distressed Dots
- Ink—So Saffron and Pool Party Markers; Soft Suede Classic Ink
- Paper—Crumb Cake, So Saffron, Soft Suede, Pool Party and Whisper White card stock
- Accessories—Crumb Cake Seam Binding, In Color Designer Printed Brads, Dazzling Diamonds
- Tools—Perfect Polka Dots Texture Impresions Folder, Big Shot, 1" Circle Punch, Festive Paper Piercing Pack, Paper Piercing Tool, Piercing Mat, Simply Scored Tool, Sticky Strip, 2-Way Glue Pen, Dimensionals, SNAIL
You can find all the supplies to create this project and more at my Online Store!
Holiday Catalog Quick Links!
- See Holiday Catalog PDF
- Browse Holiday Catalog by Flash Player
- Shop Holiday Catalog Items Online
- Holiday Stampin' Supplies List - for samples in the catalog
October Promos Quick Links!
- FREE Festive Paper-Piercing Pack with Christmas Bundle purchase
- New Single Stamps now available for a limited time!