Holiday Sale—Save On Up To 50% On Dozens of Items!
Mystery Hostess CONTEST & FREE Card Kit Bonus! Order at least $50 at my Online Store and you'll be entered to win a $25 shopping spree from my Mystery Hostess Contest! Plus, you'll receive a FREE "Last Thursdays" Card Kit ($10 value). See details.
Important: To participate in the contests, make sure you check the box "Allow your demonstrator to contact you" when you place your order. If you don't, I won't know who placed the order!
"Last Thursdays" Class—Rescheduled For This Tuesday!
This month's "Last Thursdays" card class is tomorrow, November 26, at 6:30pm, at my Too Cool Stamping Studio in Fort Wayne, IN. See complete details, including photos of the cards and Class-To-Go Kit information, at the "Last Thursdays" November Class Info page.
Please RSVP by today, November 25, at 5pm
Hi Stamping Friends!
It's exactly ONE MONTH until Christmas! Can you believe it? We're creating all Christmas cards at my "Last Thursdays" card class tomorrow, so it's one of the last opportunities to make holiday cards with me. Hope you can join us! Please RSVP by tonight, so I can have supplies ready for you!
One of the cards we'll be making at class is this pretty, vintage-looking Santa from Santa's List! There's just something about that traditional, old-fashioned St. Nick that gives me a warm and cozy feeling!
Inspired by Becky Roberts at Inking Idaho.
Card Base—I started with an Early Espresso card base, then layered a 4" x 4" piece of the lovely plaid pattern from Season of Style Designer Series Paper.
Santa Snowflake—I stamped the Santa image onto Very Vanilla card stock with StazOn Black ink, then die-cut it with the largest Festive Flurry Framelits die.
I colored in the image with Cherry Cobbler, Baked Brown Sugar and Blushing Bride inks and a Blender Pen. I added a little bit of Baked Brown Sugar shadow around the entire image to give it more depth.
Finally, I sponged around the edges of the snowflake with Soft Suede ink to "antique" the embellishment even more. It's popped up with Dimensionals, of course! I LOVE how it turned out!
Textured Details—I added a 4" x 1-1/4" piece of Baked Brown Sugar, texture embossed with the snowflake design from Delicate Designs Texture Impressions Folder.
The seam between the papers was covered with some Burlap Ribbon that I trimmed down to about 3/8" wide. It's adhered with some Sticky Strip. TIP: Lay the Sticky Strip down on the card rather than on your ribbon. Trust me...it's harder than heck to get that red-liner backing off when it's stuck to something flexible, like ribbon.
Sentiment—I stamped the words from the Oh, Goodie! stamp set in Early Espresso onto Very Vanilla card stock, then punched it out with the Modern Label Punch. A little more sponging around the edges gives it a coordinating look on this popped up element.
The second version uses a phrase from Christmas Messages that's punched with the 1-3/8" Circle Punch.
- Stamps—Santa's List (wood), Oh, Goodie (wood) card #1, Christmas Messages (wood) card #2
- Ink—StazOn Black; Blender Pen; Cherry Cobbler, Baked Brown Sugar, Blushing Bride, Early Espresso and Soft Suede Classic Ink
- Paper—Season of Style DSP; Early Espresso, Baked Brown Sugar, and Very Vanilla card stock
- Accessories—Burlap Ribbon
- Tools—Festive Flurry Framelits, Delicate Designs Texture Impressions Folders, Big Shot, Modern Label Punch (card #1), 1-3/8" Circle Punch (card #2), Sponges, Sticky Strip, SNAIL, Dimensionals.
Find all the supplies to create these projects & more at my Online Store!
Come and make this card with me at our class, or order a Class-To-Go Kit!
Too Cool Events!
- "Last Thursdays" Card Class—Rescheduled for Tuesday, November 26.
- Too Cool Demo Team Meeting—December 9, 6pm
- Wow Techniques Class—December 13, 6:30pm
Don't Miss These!
- New Arrivals—See the latest product releases!
- Clearance Rack—Retired merchandise at discount deals!
- Online Holiday Sale—Now thru December 2, 2013
- Top 10 Gift Ideas—See my favorite present ideas this year!
- 30% off Digital—Select downloads & print products thru November 30.
- Weekly Deals—New specials start every Tuesday!