I was inspired to create a couple of cards from an awesome page layout that Michelle Hoover pointed out to me. The page was created by Erin Gonzales at Hand Stamped Style and it features beautiful purples, greens, and white images on a Basic Gray background. Here is her page...
Gorgeous!!!! I love, love, love the colors and both styles of Mixed Bunch blossoms! I wanted so badly to reproduce it in card form, but I quickly discovered that there were too many fabulous embellishments and they wouldn't all fit on my 5-1/2" x 4-1/4" canvas.
So, true to my philosophy, I decided to create Two Cool cards inspired from this one amazing page!
Here is the first of my Two Cool cards! I was already enjoying the look of white embossing the Mixed Bunch flowers on pastel shades of card stock (as seen in my Embossed Blossoms post), but these images especially pop against the darker Basic Gray background.
Shadowing Technique: Erin also used a cool VersaMarker shadowing technique to accentuate the images on her page even more. Simply draw around the outer edges of the petals with the fine tip end of the clear VersaMarker. So easy and so subtle, but what a difference it makes overall!
I found out later that she used White Craft Ink for the images on her page, but I liked the raised edge of the embossing to help guide my marker. Plus, unless your Craft Ink is completely dry, it may smear and/or get on the tip of your VersaMarker.
Other Card Details: The button and brad details really add some colorful fun to this card. I used the Rich Razzleberry and Old Olive buttons from the Bright Buttons, and the Wisteria Wonder brad from Designer Printed Brads. Buttons are tied with Lucky Limeade Baker's Twine.
The focal point is created with the smallest image from Apothecary Art cut and layered with die-cuts from the Labels Framelits dies. The center is stamped separately, colored with coordinating markers, and punched with a 1" Circle Punch and popped up with Dimensionals.
I used a strip of Lucky Limeade In Color Patterns Paper and Wisteria Wonder Ruffled Ribbon to tie this color combination together.
Fantabulous! Just what I needed for my purple fix today!
Complete Supplies List:
- Stamps—Mixed Bunch, Apothecary Art
Ink—VersaMark, VersaMarker; Wisteria Wonder, and Lucky Limeade Markers; Rich Razzleberry Classic Ink
Paper—In Color Patterns DSP, Basic Gray, Wisteria Wonder, Whisper White card stock
- Accessories—Lucky Limeade Baker's Twine, White Embossing Powder, Wisteria Wonder Ruffled Ribbon, Bright Buttons, Designer Printed Brads
- Tools—Big Shot, Labels Framelits, 1" Circle Punch, Heat Tool, Dimensionals, Sticky Strip, SNAIL
Shop online for these and more new products from the Occasions Mini Catalog!
Stay tuned for part 2 of my Two Cool cards inspired from Erin's awesome page design...coming tomorrow!
* * * * *
3 Easy Ways To Earn FREE Products!
- Spend $50—For every $50 order, you can select one FREE Sale-A-Bration product of your choice! Order Online now!
- Host A Workshop—Host a workshop of at least $150 and earn a FREE Sale-A-Bration Tote. Host a workshop of $400, earn a FREE Sale-A-Bration Bundle. All this, plus the generous hostess benefits! Contact me today!
- Join Stampin' Up!—Become a demonstrator during Sale-A-Bration, and receive $50 off your Starter Kit! Plus, receive FREE Designer Series Paper or digital download EVERY month for the rest of 2012! Sign up today!