Current Classes & Special Promotions!
- 5 Ways To Get A FREE Catalog—Request Yours Today
- Wishlist Contest—Enter To Win A $50 Shopping Spree!
- Starter Kit Promotion—Join & receive Two FREE Stamp Sets. June 2-30.
- In Color Club Group #2—A budget-friendly way to collect the new In Color supplies!
- Paper Share & Stacks Share—Try all the new papers at a great value!
- Stamper Sampler—Masculine Stamp-a-Stack!
- SPECIAL: Weekly Deals—New specials announced every Tuesday!
Hi Stamping Friends!
Today, I'm sharing one of the card designs we'll be creating at my Stamper Sampler Masculine Card Stamp-a-Stack on Wednesday! You're gonna love this fun & easy reflection technique! There's not much time to sign up...let me know by Tuesday at 5pm if you'd like to attend. Class-to-Go kits are available!
"Help Me Get On That Ship!" Ship Special Coincidentally, today's ship card is very appropriate for me, because I'm getting REALLY close to earning the Stampin' Up! Grand Vacation Mediterranean Cruise! I'm needing some extra-big sales to come within the next two weeks to get me there! With only two weeks to go, I'm resorting to some shameless begging!
Will you help me out?! If you are considering placing a new catalog order in the coming weeks, please try to make your purchase before June 29, so it will go toward my trip points! In appreciation, I'm having a last-minute, "Help Me Get On That Ship" Ship Special...
►►Ship Special! Place a minimum $50 order by June 29 using the Hostess Code R2RVR72Z & receive a FREE GIFT—Choose either the new In Color Blossom Accents or any $7.50 Texture Impressions Folder! Cannot be combined with other special offers, classes or incentives.
* * * * *
Attention Fort Wayne Area Stampers! I'll be having a Buy One, Get One (BOGO) Bash on Sunday, June 28, from 1-5pm, to liquidate my piles & piles of retired merchandise! Everyone who attends my "Last Thursdays" class on June 25 will get a early bird sneak peek and have first pick! Here are the details...
Sunday, June 28, 2015, from 1-6pm.
Buy ONE clearance item, Get ONE NEW catalog item of your choice for FREE! Wow! Talk about a fantastic deal!
How Does The BOGO Work? Shop my HUGE clearance sale—100s of stamps, papers, embellishments & tools—and for every dollar you spend on my retired merchandise, you'll be able to order that amount in NEW catalog products! Dollar-for-dollar! No restrictions on what you select from the new catalog! Come early for best selection!
Orders must be placed at the event, so have your wishlist ready! You'll be responsible for paying shipping & taxes on the new catalog items.
The fun doesn't stop there! I've got more exciting things planned! (Updated with changes on June 17)
- Try-It Stations—Try out some new catalog items
- Prize Give-Aways—Drawings every half hour!
- Door Prizes—Everyone receives a gift for attending!
- Event Fee—$5, waived when you purchase at least $75.
- RSVP—By Friday, June 26, 2015, at 5pm EDT, for your FREE Gift!
Get An Early SNEAK PEEK Preview!—Attend my "Last Thursdays" class on June 25, and you'll get early bird BOGO shopping privileges! You must pay the class fee to attend. No frills, just shopping!
CASEd from Michelle Hoover of Hoover's Dam Stamping.
Wednesday's Masculine Card Stamp-a-Stack features three cards with today's fun card design! The reflection technique is surprisingly simple, so this is an easy card to make!
Background Basics—Michelle used the Typeset Designer Series Paper for her background, but since we were making so many, I simply substituted the World Map background image and it was the perfect alternative! I inked up the rubber while it was face-up on the table with Memento Black ink, then laid a 4" x 5-1/4" piece of Very Vanilla card stock on top and burnished it to transfer the image. It's adhered to a Marina Mist card base.
I also added a 4" x 1-1/2" piece of Soft Sky card stock to the background to pick up the water's color and provide some contrast behind the sentiment.
Focal Point Basics—This layer starts with a 2-1/4" x 4-1/2" piece of Very Vanilla card stock. I stamped the Traveler ship image in Memento Black ink close to the top of the panel. After adding the image's reflection (see how below), I mounted it on a 2-1/2" x 4-3/4" piece of Basic Black and popped it up with Dimensionals.
Sweet Sentiment—I stamped a phrase from the Guy Greetings stamp set in Memento Black ink onto a 3/4" wide strip of Very Vanilla. I trimmed the one end into a fish-tail.
Reflection Technique How-To
- Stamp On Your Card Stock—Position the original image close to the top with room for the reflection.
- Stamp On Window Sheet—Stamp a second image on a piece of Window Sheet or acetate.
- Burnish The Mirror Image—Turn & flip the Window Sheet over so that it is a mirror image of the ship and the ink side is down. Carefully lay it onto the Very Vanilla piece, hold it in place, and burnish over it gently with your finger tips to transfer the image.
- Remove Window Sheet—Carefully lift the Window Sheet to reveal the reflection. You can re-use the Window Sheet by simply wiping off the ink.
- Add The Water—Use an Aqua Painter to add color over the reflection. I added a couple of drops of Refill Ink onto the lid of my ink pads for a quick palette. I washed on Marina Mist on the top half of the reflection and Soft Sky on the bottom half. When you're done, dab the area with a tissue to soak up extra water, then let it dry completely before adhering to your card. TIP: I like using regular card stock, rather than Watercolor Paper, for a crisper reflective image. The Watercolor Paper surface is too textured.
Two Cool—There wasn't a lot of room for varying this card, but I did move the elements to the other side on this second version.
The words are again from Guy Greetings and I like that you can see the reflection a little better on this layout.
Three Cool—The last version is in the center with a blocked sentiment layer.
Complete Supplies List
- Stamps—World Map (clear, wood), Traveler (clear, wood) OR Guy Greetings (clear, wood, photopolymer)
- Ink—Memento Black Ink; Marina Mist & Soft Sky Refills & Classic Ink
- Paper—Marina Mist, Basic Black & Very Vanilla card stock
- Accessories—Window Sheets
- Tools—Aqua Painters, Paper Snips, Dimensionals, SNAIL
Find all the supplies to create these projects & more at my Online Store!
- Browse the 2015-2016 Annual Catalog PDF
- Shop the 2015-2016 Annual Catalog Online
- Watch NEW Products Videos
* * * * *
Send In Your Wishlist For A Chance To Win $50 In Products!
As you're checking out the new Annual Catalog, be sure to make your Wishlist, then email it to me for your chance to win $50 in FREE PRODUCTS of your choice, and other fun prizes! I'll be drawing a winner from all Wishlists received by the end of the day on June 15. See complete details.
Now thru June 30, purchase a $99 Starter Kit and select TWO FREE stamps sets! See complete details.