Hi Stamping Friends!
I've got a fun and easy background technique to show you today! It's actually very similar to the Clear Block Watercolor Wash that I featured a couple of weeks ago.
Inspired by Jayne Mercer.
I created this card for my dad's birthday—he turned 77 yesterday! I wanted to show his photo, but he has refused to give permission because he's always been a bit shy, oh, and a bit stubborn! LOL!
The card starts with a base of Island Indigo, then I added a 3-3/4" x 5" piece of the gorgeous woodgrain paper from Soho Subway on a slightly larger layer of Soft Suede.
The focal point starts with the Window Sheet Watercolor Transfer. Here's how you do it...
Window Sheet Watercolor Transfer
- On a piece of Window Sheet, use the brush-tip end of markers to color adjacent blocks of color. I used Island Indigo for the sky and Old Olive for the grass.
- Mist the color sheet with water using the Stampin' Spritzer. I spritzed 3-4 times, holding the spritzer about 12" away.
- Transfer the color onto a piece of Watercolor Paper.
After the background was dry, I stamped the Lovely As A Tree image over the top in Early Espresso. Then I used Always Artichoke and Chocolate Chip ink pads with Blender Pens to color in the tree.
Grab Your Greetings! The Petite Pairs greeting fit perfectly at the top of this card. Don't forget to grab your greetings now! This set will be on sale for 25% off for only a few more days—ends June 30.
I embellished the focal point by tying a piece of 7/8" Natural Trim around it and fraying the ends. For a finishing touch, I pierced a hole through the layer and added an Antique Brad.Complete Supply List:
- Stamps—Lovely As A Tree (wood), Petite Pairs (wood)
- Ink—Island Indigo and Old Olive Markers; Early Espresso, Always Artichoke, Chocolate Chip Classic Ink
- Paper—Watercolor Paper; Soho Subway DSP; Island Indigo and Soft Suede card stock
- Accessories—Antique Brads, 7/8" Natural Trim
- Tools—Window Sheets, Blender Pen, Piercing Tool, Stampin' Spritzer, Dimensionals, SNAIL
Find all the supplies to create these projects & more at my Online Store!