Digital Scrapbooking Days: Last Day of Deals!
In case you missed any of the Daily Deals, Stampin' Up! has extended ALL of the deals thru today only, November 9, 2013!
- Amped Up Ampersands Kit
- Hello There Kit + FREE Moments Ago Stamp Brush Set
- All Time Fave Photobook Template
- Modern Medley Overlays Kit
- Be Brave Pocket Cards
- Nobody's Business Photobook Template
- Autumn Traditions Kit
- Afternoon Daydream Kit
Hi Stamping Friends!
I'm busy finalizing some NEW Holiday Classes today, and I'll be sharing all the details on my Sunday Showcase tomorrow! These fun & festive classes will help you check off a few of those items on your holiday To-Do List, while you de-stress and get creative!
NEW Holiday Classes—Mark Your Calendars!
Two Cool Stamping Saturday—November 30
- Festive Flurry Ornament Gifts Class—November 30, 2pm
- Winter Frost Holiday Frame Class—November 30, 4pm
- Countdown To Christmas Holiday Card Class—December 7, 2pm
- Stocking Stuffers Class—December 7, 4pm
Class-To-Go Kits will be available for all classes! Look for complete details tomorrow!
Here are the cards that I created for my Wow Techniques Class last night. I completely CASEd the ones created by Carmen DeBruce that I featured in an earlier post: Gently Falling Joseph's Coat Cards. Just wanted to share my versions of them.
I used Crushed Curry, Pumpkin Pie and Old Olive for the sponging underneath, then clear embossed with the bold maple leave image from the Gently Falling set. Early Espresso ink is brayered over the top. Check out the earlier post for details & tips on the Joseph's Coat Technique.
I love the whimsical look of the Expressions Thinlits Dies and that Whisper White really pops on that autumn color combination. But, I highly definitely recommend using wax paper between the card stock and die—it releases from the die so much easier! Learn more tips about using Expressions Thinlits.
My Gently Falling line image leaf was a lot of fun to use, too! This version uses Crushed Curry, Pumpkin Pie and Real Red for the underlying colors.
I couldn't resist dressing up the bottom of the card with a bit of 1/8" White Taffeta Ribbon, even though it's retired.
In addition to the "Thankful" cards, I ended up creating a "Merry" version of the Joseph's Coat card using the beautiful snowflakes in the Snowflake Soiree set (still available from last's year's Holiday Catalog).
The bottom layer was sponged with Pool Party and Marina Mist, then Night of Navy was used to brayer over the clear embossed snowflakes.
The background kind of reminded me of denim, so what better way to finish this card than with the fantastic Denim Ribbon! So cool!
Complete Supply List:
- Stamps—Gently Falling (wood) card #1 & #2; Snowflake Soiree (wood) card #3
- Ink—VersaMark; Crushed Curry, Pumpkin Pie and Old Olive (card #1); Crushed Curry, Pumpkin Pie and Real Red (card #2); Pool Party, Marina Mist and Night of Navy (card #3) Classic Ink
- Paper—Early Espresso (cards #1 & #2), Night of Navy (card #3) and Whisper White card stock
- Accessories—1/8" White Taffeta Ribbon (cards #1 & #2) retired, Denim Ribbon (card #3), Clear Embossing Powder
- Tools—Expressions Thinlits Dies, Big Shot, Heat Tool, Embossing Buddy, Sponges, Multipurpose Glue, SNAIL
Find all the supplies to create these projects & more at my Online Store!
Too Cool Events!
- Too Cool Demo Team Shoebox Swap—November 11, 6pm
- New Demo Orientation—November 17, 2-4pm
- Anything Goes Open Stamp Night—November 17, 4-9pm
- Two Cool Stamping Saturday - Nov 30—Registration Deadline November 18
- Two Cool Stamping Saturday - Dec 7—Registration Deadline November 22
- Holiday Tag It Bundles—Available now thru November 19
- 30% off Digital—Select downloads & print products thru November 30.
- Weekly Deals—New specials start every Tuesday!
- NEW Cut & Ready Card Bases—Pre-cut, pre-scored card stock...EASY!
- Endless Wishes Photopolymer—New Christmas set!
- Pop & Place Gift Tags—70 tags & matching stamps.
- Everyday Occasions Cardmaking Kit—20 cards, ready to assemble!
- Envelope Punch Board—Makes 66 sizes of envelopes!
- Best of Snow—New 25th Anniversary Collector Set