►►NEW Hostess Code For Ordering: CVMPPF7M◄◄
Current Classes & Special Promotions!
- CLUB: Too Cool Stamp Club—Sign Up For The Next Group!
- CLASS: Sale-A-Bration Celebration—Earn your invitation now for April 19 event!
- CLASS: Stamp-of-the-Month—Featuring Butterfly Basics. April 9. Register by March 27.
- CLASS: Last Thursdays Card Class—March 26. RSVP by March 25.
- Sale-A-Bration Promotion—Learn how to earn FREE goodies thru March 31!
- 4 NEW Sale-A-Bration Items—4 more Sale-A-Bration selections thru March 31!
- 10 More Sale-A-Bration Selections—Even more to choose from for final 2 weeks!
- Occasions Catalog—Spring items available thru June 2, 2015
- SPECIAL: Weekly Deals—New specials announced every Tuesday!
Hi Stamping Friends!
I had a fantastic time at my "Last Thursdays" class last night! What a terrific group! I have some photos of some of the fun on my Facebook page.
One of the clear favorites of the night was the card using a Herringbone paper technique!
CASEd from Peggy Gilbert as seen on Pinterest.
This technique is the perfect way to use up coordinating colors of Designer Series Paper scraps! My cards feature the papers from the All Abloom DSP Stack. All of the colors and patterns come together to look like a faux-quilt! Love it!
These two-sided, 4-1/2" x 6-1/2" sheets have Strawberry Slush in the patterns on one side and Lost Lagoon in the patterns on the other side, so I tried one in each color combo.
Background Basics—I started both of the cards with a Pistachio Pudding card base. My first version highlights All Abloom papers with Strawberry Slush accents in the pattern.
Herringbone How-To—The paper-pieced patterned background takes a little time, but it's quite easy to assemble. I started with 3-3/4" x 5" piece of Whisper White card stock and a variety of 1/2" strips of my All Abloom DSP.
- Start the pattern by running three strips diagonally across the mid-section of the card stock, keeping a tiny 1/16" gap between the strips. I used SNAIL adhesive to adhere them.
- Next, you'll add another group of three strips going perpendicular. The next three will go perpendicular to the second set of three, and so on until the entire card is filled. You may need to add teeny triangle pieces in a couple of spots, depending on how the strips end up being positioned. That's OK.
- Finish by using your Paper Snips to trim off the strips flush to the edges of the card stock and mount it on a 3-7/8" x 5-1/8" piece of Whisper White to create a nice border around the pieces.
Pretty Patterns—There really is no right or wrong to laying down the pattern. You could do it in pairs instead of threes. You could have them all going parallel instead of perpendicular. Whatever is pleasing to you...do it!
Sweet Sentiment—You don't need to add much to that pretty background, so I stamped a Simply Wonderful sentiment in Mossy Meadow on Whisper White and punched it with the Decorative Label Punch. I layered it on a 1" x 3-1/4" strip of Daffodil Delight that was fish-tailed on the ends and popped it up with Dimensionals.
Bitty Bloom—I added an Itty Bitty Accents punched flower from Strawberry Slush card stock with a Glue Dot, then topped it with a Rhinestone Jewel.
Two Cool—My second version highlights the Lost Lagoon patterns from All Abloom in a vertical style.
Love these greens and blues!
I chose a different Simply Wonderful greeting this time. This Sale-a-Bration stamp set sure is versatile! The Itty Bitty flower is in Lost Lagoon this time. Instead of fish-tailing the ends, I adhered a 1" x 3-3/4" Daffodil Delight strip all the way across.
Complete Supplies List
- Stamps—Simply Wonderful (clear, wood)
- Ink—Mossy Meadow Classic Ink
- Paper—All Abloom DSP Stack; Strawberry Slush (card #1), Lost Lagoon (card #2), Pistachio Pudding & Whisper White card stock
- Accessories—Rhinestone Jewels
- Tools—Paper Trimmer, Paper Snips, Decorative Label Punch, Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack flower, Dimensionals, Glue Dots, SNAIL
Find all the supplies to create these projects & more at my Online Store!
* * * * *
Herringbone Class Gallery
Here are some of the projects from our class last night! We thought it would be fun to show off all the different looks you can get with the All Abloom DSP strips!
Created by Amy Van Huisen.
Created by Joni Fry.
Created by Kelly Ladig.
Created by Lisa Burgh.
Created by Lori Dove.
Created by Rita Berning.
Sorry that I missed getting a photo of yours, Kathe Madsen.
Stamp-of-the-Month: Butterfly Basics
Thursday, April 9, 2015, at 6:30pm. Register by March 27.
See complete details of the Butterfly Basics Class! Class-To-Go Kits available!
Contact Me To Attend The Butterfly Basics Stamp-of-the-Month Class!
Have You Earned Your Sale-A-Bration Celebration Invitation?
I'll be hosting a very special, exclusive event after Sale-A-Bration where I spoil my best Sale-a-Bration customers!
It's a Sale-A-Bration Celebration! We'll have make & takes, gifts, prizes, specials, refreshments and more! Mark your calendars for Sunday, April 19!
It's A FREE Event—You Earn Your Invitation!
Simply participate in the Sale-A-Bration promotion by spending a total of $150, hosting a $150 workshop, or purchasing a Starter Kit before March 31, 2015. See complete details, including online To-Go options!
Place Your Qualifying Sale-A-Bration Order Today!
Stampin' Quick Links