Hi Stamping Friends!
I'd like to give you a heads-up that I'll be taking a little holiday break from December 22-29 to enjoy Christmas festivities with family and friends.
Even though I won't have my traditional daily posts, I'll still be working behind the scenes, so I'll be around to help you if you want to place an order or have questions. I'll also be posting occasionally on my Too Cool Stamping Facebook page, so be sure to "like" my page for my Too Cool updates.
And, don't be surprised if I pop in to show you a sneak peek from my upcoming "Last Thursdays" class, which is rescheduled for Monday, December 30. Please RSVP by December 29 at 5pm, if you plan to attend.
When I get back, I'll be sharing details on some awesome new stamping classes & Class-To-Go Kits that I'll be offering in January, featuring brand new items from the Spring Catalog. Woohoo! Can't wait to share them with you!
I hope your holiday is filled with warmth, love and laughter!
* * * * *
Today, I've got one more card to show you from my Best of Sale-A-Bration club kit and it's definitely my favorite of the bunch.
This one uses three images from the Best of Sale-A-Bration collector set!
I love the random stamping on the background. You could stamp a whole sheet like this, then cut it up and use the pieces on different projects for a whole coordinating set—one sheet wonder!
Random Floral Background—I stamped the larger line-image flower in StazOn Black on a piece of 3-3/4" x 5" Whisper White card stock. Then, I colored them in with either Bermuda Bay or Marina Mist Classic Ink and a Blender Pen. Start by adding light color over the entire flower, then add more color for shading. The center is colored with Crushed Curry.
I stamped the smaller bold circle flowers in Pool Party to fill in the spaces in-between.
Random Stamping Tips—Remember these tips for making your random stamping look pleasing to the eye:
- TIP #1: Stamp Edge-To-Edge. I like to start at the upper left and work down to the lower right in a diagonal pattern. Or, you could start at the center and work outward. Either way works, you just don't want to work from edges-to-center, or you'll run out of room and have awkward spaces or overlapped images.
- TIP #2: Stamp Largest-To-Smallest. If you're using several different images, start with the large, prominent ones, and fill in the spaces with the smaller ones.
- TIP #3: Stamp Off The Edge. Don't just stamp on the middle of your paper. Some of the images should be going off the sides to appear like you cut the piece from decorative paper.
Ribbon & Card Base—I layered my stamped piece on a 3-7/8" x 5-1/8" piece of Basic Black card stock, then adhered a 1/8" Black Taffeta Ribbon around it before mounting it on my Bermuda Bay card base.
Sentiment—The "bliss" image is stamped in StazOn Black onto Whisper White and colored in with Bermuda Bay ink. I punched it out with the Extra Large Oval Punch and mounted it to the card front with Dimensionals.
I think the second version is the best because I added sparklies over the entire background!!!
Dazzling Background—After stamping on the white layer, I added a piece of Multipurpose Adhesive Sheet, cut to the same 5" x 3-3/4" size, directly over the top.
Once it was burnished in place, I carefully peeled off the backing paper and sprinkled Dazzling Diamonds glitter over the entire sticky surface. Don't be shy with your drizzling...you need to make sure every sticky part is covered. Tap off the excess, then place the backing paper over the top and press the glitter into the glue to make sure it's nice and stuck.
Clean up any glitter mess you have on your work surface with the Dust Buddy tack cloth!
Multipurpose Adhesive Sheet TIP: Do your very best not to touch the sticky when you're peeling off the backing paper. Wherever you touch it, you'll pick up the sticky and end up with a "fingerprint" of no adhesive or glitter, like my mistake shown above. If this happens, simply use your 2-Way Glue Pen to touch it up and add more Dazzling Diamonds.
Best of 25 Years Sets—All 12 months of the 25th Anniversary stamp sets have now been released. They will only be available for a limited time, through March 31, 2014. Check out the entire selection of Best of 25 Years Sets. Don't forget that you can earn a FREE stamp set valued at $14.95, which the purchase of any six Best of 25 Years Collector stamp sets.
- Stamps—Best of Sale-A-Bration
- Ink—Blender Pen; StazOn Black; Bermuda Bay, Marina Mist, Crushed Curry and Pool Party Classic Ink
- Paper—Bermuda Bay, Basic Black and Whisper White card stock
- Accessories—Dazzling Diamonds, 1/8" Black Taffeta Ribbon
- Tools—Extra Large Oval Punch, Multipurpose Adhesive Sheets, Dust Buddy, 2-Way Glue Pen, Dimensionals, SNAIL
Find all the supplies to create these projects & more at my Online Store!
Want A Copy of The Spring Catalog? You've got to see all of the cool new stuff! If you'd like a copy of the new Spring Catalog, please contact me with your address and I'd be happy to mail one out to you as soon as I'm able to.
Too Cool Events!
- Clearance Rack Blitz—While supplies last!
- Too Cool Stamping Blog Holiday Break—December 22-29.
- Next "Last Thursdays" Class—Rescheduled for December 30, 6:30pm
- Spring Catalog Starts—January 3, 2014
- Sale-A-Bration Promotion Begins—Janaury 28, 2014
Don't Miss These!