►►Select A FREE Gift With Your $50 Online Order!◄◄
Now thru June 29. Use Hostess Code R2RVR72Z. See Complete Details.
Current Classes & Special Promotions!
- 5 Ways To Get A FREE Catalog—Request Yours Today
- "Help Me Get On That Ship" Special—FREE gift with online order thru June 29.
- Big BOGO Bash Event—Buy one retired item, get one NEW item FREE! June 28.
- Starter Kit Promotion—Join & receive Two FREE Stamp Sets. June 2-30.
- Super Stamping Saturday—Postponed. Will be rescheduled in August.
- SPECIAL: Weekly Deals—New specials announced every Tuesday!
See complete details about the Big BOGO Bash.
Hi Stamping Friends!
A big thank you to everyone who came to my "Last Thursdays" class last night! We had a full house and, along with the class, attendees enjoyed early-bird shopping at my BOGO Clearance event! There were lots of purchases, but there is still a TON of stamps, bundles, papers, big shot dies, punches, embellishments & kits from which to choose!
Today Is The Last Day To RSVP for the Big BOGO Bash in order to receive a FREE Gift! I'd love for you to join me on Sunday, June 28, from 12pm-6pm. Please come & shop...this stuff has got to GO!
Not Able To Attend My Local BOGO Event?
Online BOGO Option—I've had several people contact me about the possibility of participating in the BOGO online. At this time, I do not have a complete list of available retired stamps & supplies ready to share with you. However, if you have some specific items that you're looking for, feel free to contact me and I'll let you know if I have it. After the BOGO event, I'll get a better list together.
How Online BOGO Works—If there are retired items you'd like to purchase from me, we'll total them up and you will be able to place an order through me for that amount in new items from the current catalog. You'll pay for that order (including shipping & tax) and I'll send you the retired items. Please note: I will add actual shipping charges to your order total to get the retired items from me to you.
* * * * *
Super Stamping Saturday Postponed—I'm so sad to report that I must postpone my Super Stamping Saturday event on July 18. Stampin' Up! has announced that the Cottage Greetings Kit and the Tin of Cards Kits that I was featuring at this event are both on an extended backorder. They are recommending not to hold classes with these products until at least August. Once I feel more comfortable with the backorder ending date, I'll reschedule this event. Stay tuned!
Let's take a look at the final card design from last night's "Last Thursdays" class!
Inspired by a sample on page 8 of the 2015-2015 Annual Catalog.
I'm always drawn to pretty flower stamp sets, especially when they are combined with great sentiments, like ones in the new Birthday Blossoms set! I got the inspiration for this card straight out of the new catalog! Do you ever use the catalog for inspiration? There are some great samples in there!
Background Basics—This card starts with a Crushed Curry card base and a 3/4" strip of Blackberry Bliss across the middle.
I added some background patterns with the Birthday Blossoms small flowers image stamped in Crushed Curry. Sweet & subtle!
Lovely Label—I love the shape of the new Lots of Labels Framelits! That curvy shape on the bottom of the label is actually on both ends of the label, but I only cut that fancy edge on one side.
Decorative Label Border With Framelits
- Start with a piece of Whisper White that is 2-7/8" wide and 4-1/2" long.
- The width is just the right size to fit through the inside of the framelit. One edge is positioned under the die-cutting blades, and the other edge is up and over the framelit, so that the blade is underneath and won't cut it.
- I ran the left side through the Big Shot just enough to cut the end, then backed it out to avoid getting a line where the card stock overlapped the other edge of the framelit.
- Use the same concept with any of our amazing framelit shapes!
Birthday Sentiment—I stamped the Birthday Blossoms sentiment in Blackberry Bliss near the top of the label, then started adding some Wild Wasabi leaves along the edges. I positioned the leaves so that they would eventually be peeking out from under the flowers. I filled in some of the blank edges with more Crushed Curry colored tiny blossoms.
Beautiful Blossoms—I stamped three of the Birthday Blossoms flowers on Whisper White card stock; two in Tangerine Tango and one in Blackberry Bliss. I punched them out with the Pansy Punch, then curved up the petals with a Bone Folder and popped them up with Dimensionals.
Pansy Punching TIP: The Pansy Punch is not a symmetrical shape, so it helps to know how to line it up. I look for the one petal that has the flat edge to it. In the photo above, it's the upper left petal on the Tangerine blossom and the bottom petal on the Blackberry one. This is the petal you want to point down when you stamp. Then, when you slip the stamped card stock into the punch, it will be in the correct position for easy punching!
I added some Pearl Jewels to the center for a classy finish.
Two-Cool—For my second version, I tried out a different greeting from the same set and pointed the curvy end of the label toward the top.
Complete Supplies List
- Stamps—Birthday Blossoms (clear, wood)
- Ink—Crushed Curry, Blackberry Bliss, Wild Wasabi & Tangerine Tango Classic Ink Pads
- Paper—Crushed Curry, Blackberry Bliss & Whisper White card stock
- Accessories—Pearl Jewels
- Tools—Lots of Labels Framelits, Big Shot, Pansy Punch, Dimensionals, SNAIL
Find all the supplies to create these projects & more at my Online Store!
- Browse the 2015-2016 Annual Catalog PDF
- Shop the 2015-2016 Annual Catalog Online
- Watch NEW Products Videos
Now thru June 30, purchase a $99 Starter Kit and select TWO FREE stamps sets! See complete details.