►My Too Cool Stamping Classes!◄
- See my Calendar of Events for my complete class schedule!
- Or, see details about the newest Spring class additions!
Sale-A-Brate 3 Ways To Earn FREE Products!
- Shop—Earn FREE Sale-A-Bration Items For Every $50 Order! Shop now!
- Host—Earn $30 More Hostess Dollars With A $300 Party! Host a party!
- Join—Choose $150 Worth of Stampin' Supplies For Only $99! Join now!
►Browse the Sale-A-Bration Flyer PDF to see choices!
Happy Watercolor Class Kit—Only 3 Days To Register!
Hi Stamping Friends!
There are only 3 Days left to register for my Happy Watercolor Class-To-Go Kit! I've been made aware that the links to the class info were not working in several of my posts, so I apologize if you missed the information! You can see a photo of the class projects above and full details here: Happy Watercolor Class info. (◄And, I double-checked that link!)
I can't wait to stamp with my Wow Techniques group tonight! Today's featured project is another that we'll be making at this event!
Wow Techniques: Watercolor Drip-Dye Technique
Two Cool! These colorful, drippy cards were inspired by a technique that I saw on Lyssa Zwolanek's Song of My Heart Stampers. All you need are some Refill Inks, Watercolor Paper and an Aqua Painter!
Drip-Dye Background—Lyssa has a photo tutorial of the Watercolor Drip-Dye Technique that is very helpful. Here are the basic steps:
- Create a palette of 3-5 Refill Inker colors in an old stamp case or button container.
- Add water along the top third of a 3-3/4" x 5" piece of Watercolor Paper.
- Hold the watercolor paper on end so gravity can pull the water into riverlets.
- Pick up the first color with your Aqua Painter and let it drip down the edge of the paper, squeezing to add water to the color if needed.
- Clean off your Aqua Painter, then add the next color. Repeat for all colors.
- TIP: For more pleasing drip effects, you can "help" the drips along by pulling them down with the tip of your Aqua Painter.
- Let dry, then add to your project.
Color Combo—I used So Saffron, Crisp Cantaloupe, Pink Piroeutte, Pool Party and Pistachio Pudding for my re-inker colors. I thought they turned out much darker than I thought they would.
I mounted my drip-dyed paper on 4" x 5-1/4" Coastal Cabana card stock and adhere it to a Whisper White card base.
Sweet Sentiment—Since the background is so lovely, I wanted something simple for the focal point, so I used the Just Sayin' phrases in Bermuda Bay, and cut them out with coordinating Word Bubble Framelits.
Bundle It & Save—Purchase the Just Sayin' stamps and Word Bubbles Framelits together in the Word Bubbles Bundle and save 15%!
Frilly Ribbon—The pretty Crisp Cantaloupe Ruffle Stretch Trim makes a nice texture contrast against the background.
Bitty Butterfly Accent—I punched two layers with the Bitty Butterfly Punch, one in Pistachio Pudding and one in Vellum card stock. The vellum layer is adhered with a Glue Dot in the center and the wings are bent upward. Small Pearl Jewels make the butterfly body. Perfect!
This technique looks great going horizontal, too! I switched to Pistachio Pudding Ruffle Ribbon and a Crisp Cantaloupe butterfly this time.
I also used the same colors, just in a different order.
Too Cool To Trash—Here's one more—the first one I tried—with too much water at the top and a big blob of color on the bottom. You know what, it still looks pretty cool, even with the mess-ups!
What color combos would you use? Leave a comment at the bottom of the page!
Complete Supplies List:
- Stamps—Just Sayin' (wood) OR Word Bubbles Bundle (wood)
- Ink—So Saffron, Crisp Cantaloupe, Pink Piroeutte, Pool Party and Pistachio Pudding Refill Inks; Bermuda Bay Classic Ink
- Paper—Watercolor Paper; Vellum Card Stock; Coastal Cabana, Crisp Cantaloupe, Pistachio Pudding and Whisper White card stock
- Accessories—Pearl Jewels, Crisp Cantaloupe Ruffle Stretch Trim, Pistachio Pudding Ruffle Stretch Trim, Pistachio Pudding Ruffle Stretch Trim
- Tools—Word Bubbles OR Word Bubbles Bundle (wood), Big Shot, Bitty Butterfly Punch, Aqua Painter, Glue Dots, SNAIL, Dimensionals
Find all the supplies to create these projects & more at my Online Store!
Too Cool Events!
- Full Spring Classes Event Schedule
- February Happy Watercolor Registration—Ends Feb. 15
- Wow Techniques Class—Feb 13, RSVP by Feb. 12.
- "Last Thursdays" Monthly Card Class—Feb 27, RSVP by Feb. 26.
Don't Miss These!