- Shop Retired Items—While supplies last!
- Extra Stampin' Rewards—Hosts can earn $35 more reward dollars in June.
- Select 2 FREE Stamp Sets With Starter Kit—June 1-30.
- Clearance Rack—Discounted retired merchandise!
- Browse The 2015 Annual Catalog—See the latest products!
- Browse The Occasions Catalog—All-new stamps, papers & accents!
- NEW Annual Catalog Release—Begin ordering June 1.
- BIG BOGO Bash Event—Huge Retired Clearance Sale! June 26, 1-6pm
Hi Stamping Friends,
I've got a real treat of a project for you today—a Drapery Fold Card! You're going to love this frilly, feminine accent that showcases the beautiful double-sided patterns of our Designer Series Papers.
In case you missed it...I've started signups for my 2016 In Color Club. I'm currently looking to fill groups of 5 stampers, so each will receive one color per month over the course of 5 months. Not only do you receive all of the items in each new In Color and supplies to make 4 cards with that color, you'll also receive Stampin' Rewards during one month! It's a fantastic value!
See all the details of the 2016 In Color Club!
Birthday Bouquet Drapery Fold Cards—I just had to create one more card with the pretty floral patterns on the Birthday Bouquet DSP before it was gone for good in just a few days. The color combinations on these papers make me swoon! And, the drapery fold is a lovely way to highlight BOTH coordinating sides. Let's take a closer look at this fun technique...
Print & Save This Project...
Background Basics—I started by stamping the petite flowers from the Birthday Blossoms stamp set in Pool Party ink onto a 3-3/4" x 3-1/2" piece of Pool Party card stock. I also stamped the flowers onto a 3-3/4" x 5" piece of Whisper White, leaving room for a sentiment from the same stamp set.
I adhered those pieces together, then matted them onto a 3-7/8" x 5-1/8" piece of retiring Mossy Meadow card stock.
Drapery Fold—The pretty pleated paper fold is created easily with the Simply Scored tool. You can vary the widths of your folds depending on the space you're trying to cover and the look you're trying to achieve. I wanted a lot of pleats over a shorter area, so my folds generally alternate between 1/2" and 1" wide. Get some scrap paper and play with wider pleats! Here are the specifics on this card.
- Cut a 8-3/4" x 3-1/2" piece of your favorite DSP.
- Score with the Simply Scored along the 8-3/4" side at the 1-1/4", 1-3/4", 2-3/4", 3-1/4", 4-1/4", 4-3/4", 5-3/4", 6-1/4", 7-1/4" and 7-3/4" marks.
- Hand-cut or use the Stampin' Trimmer to cut a straight diagonal line starting at the bottom edge of the 1-1/4" score line to about 1/2" from the top of the right edge of the paper.
- Alternate front and back folds to create the pleats, then crease with a Bone Folder.
- Run a line of Tear & Tape Adhesive along the back edges of the folded paper to keep the folds in place. Peel the backing off and adhere it to the card.
Finishing Touches—I wrapped some retiring Pool Party Glimmer Ribbon around the top of the drapery fold, securing the ends around the back with more Tear & Tape. Then, all of the layers are mounted onto a Whisper White card base. TIP: If the ribbon is kind of loose, add some Glue Dots underneath it to keep it in place.
I tied a separate Pool Party Glimmer bow and attached it with Glue Dots.
Finally, I added a few Pearl Jewels to the flowers for some delicate accents.
What a WOW! Wouldn't this be a fun technique for an elegant wedding card?
Two Cool—For my second version, used another pattern from the Birthday Bouquet DSP. That is the only change I made, but I love the pop of Calypso Coral on this one!
Print & Save This Project...
Complete Supplies List—"Clear" means a rubber stamp on a clear block. "Photopolymer" is see-thru.
- Stamps—Birthday Blossoms (clear, wood)
- Ink—Pool Party Classic Ink
- Paper—retiring Birthday Bouquet DSP; retiring Mossy Meadow, Pool Party & Whisper White card stock
- Accessories—retiring Pool Party Glimmer Ribbon, Pearl Jewels
- Tools—Simply Scored, Paper Snips, Bone Folder, Tear & Tape Adhesive, Glue Dots, SNAIL
• • • • •
Until next time,
The new 2016 Annual Catalog will be released on June 1, but you know you want a copy in your hands NOW! I am happy to offer you a catalog by request! I have them in my hands and ready to distribute! Here's how you can receive a copy:
Current Local & Online Customers—Receive the catalog absolutely FREE, by request.
Not A Too Cool Stamping Customer?—There are 3 ways to get a FREE catalog:
- Placing an order at my Online Store, using the Hostess Code 434UZAWF
- Picking one up at my Too Cool Stamping studio in Fort Wayne, IN
- Order One—Receive a FREE catalog and simply pay $6.45 via PayPal to mail it to you.
All retired merchandise will be gone for good after May 31, 2016.