- Buy 3, Get 1 FREE Designer Papers—Save now thru October 31!
- Browse Holiday Catalog—Shop Holiday Catalog online!
- Browse The 2016 Annual Catalog—See the current products!
- Clearance Rack—Retired merchandise up to 60% off!
- November Countdown To Christmas—Featuring Hang Your Stocking.
- November Stamp-of-the-Month Kit—Featuring Jolly Friends.
- "Last Thursdays" Monthly Card Class—October 27. 6-10pm.
- Projects & Pizza Night—November 3. 6-10pm. Casual Stamping at my studio.
Hi Stamping Friends!
If you were having trouble printing out the two Vintage Leaves project sheets from yesterday, I've corrected the files, so they should work for you now! Try again here: Project Sheet Friday Featuring Vintage Leaves.
My "Last Thursdays" monthly card class is coming up this week and I've got all the details below!
Plus, it's the LAST DAY to register for my Hang Your Stocking Countdown To Christmas Class. Don't miss it! Take the local class on November 5 or get a Class-To-Go kit!
• • • • •
Register For November's Hang Your Stocking Class!
Local Class & Class-To-Go Kits Mail Out November 5!
Pre-Paid Registration Due By October 22 2016—Sign Up Today!
October's "Last Thursdays" Card Class
Thursday, October 27, 2016, 6:30pm. RSVP by Wednesday, October 26, at 5pm.
Create 4 cards using Too Cool techniques, plus envelopes. This month, we'll be doing one last autumn card, along with some cute Christmas cards! This class is perfect for any level stamper, but it's designed for new stampers to get a feel for the basics!
October's "Last Thursdays" Projects
- Copper-on-Copper Vintage Leaf Card—Copper embossing on Copper Foil is stunning!
- Cookie Cutter Christmas Peeking Reindeer Card—Santa isn't the only one watching to see if you've been nice!
- Snow Place Jolly Christmas Card—Emboss resist creates a wintery background for our penguin friend!
- Emerald Embellished Ornament Card—A pretty ornament on this year's trendy holiday colors!
Class Fee—$15 OR it's FREE with a minimum order placed at the event!
Bring-A-Friend, Select 5 Hand-Made Cards—Bring a friend who has never been to my classes before and you'll be able to select a your choice of 5 cards from my card rack!
*Minimum $20 order for FREE local class at my Too Cool Stamping studio..
Contact Me To RSVP For The "Last Thursdays" Class!
CASEd from Dena Rekow at The Creativity Cave.
Copper-on-Copper Vintage Leaf Cards
My favorite style of cards are simple and elegant and today's cards are just that! Embossing copper on Copper Foil is so amazingly stunning! These photos don't do it justice! If you're in the Fort Wayne, IN, area, I hope you can come and make this card with us at my class!
Background Basics—This card begins by embossing a 3-3/4" x 5" piece of Whisper White with the Woodland Texture Impressions Folder. I layered it onto a 4" x 5-1/4" sheet of Copper Foil, but before I did, I used the center of the sheet for my focal point! Who wants to waste all of that shiny foil under card stock, right? So, do the stamping, embossing & die-cutting FIRST!
Copper Foil Embossing—I stamped my Vintage Leaves maple leaf image in VersaMark ink onto the center of the 4" x 5-1/4" Copper Foil sheet. Since the surface is slick, be careful that your image doesn't slide around when you stamp it. Sprinkle on Copper Embossing Powder and tap off the excess, then use the Heat Tool to heat up the powder until glossy and smooth. Important: Do not overheat, or the Copper Foil layers could begin to come apart.
Copper Foil Die-Cutting—Die cut the leaf using the coordinating Leaflets Framelits. TIP: If your top cutting pad has lots of cuts or ridges in it, those could transfer unwanted texture onto the foil. Either use a smooth cutting pad on top OR cut the center out of the foil layer out with the Stampin' Trimmer first to avoid marring the edges.
Finishing The Layers—Once your focal point is embossed and die-cut, you can adhere the Whisper White background onto the foil. Wrap some Copper Thread around the layers 5-6 times and adhere onto the back, then mount the layers onto a Whisper White card base. I added the leaf over the top of the thread with Dimensionals.
Sweet Sentiment—I stamped a Wetlands greeting in VersaMark ink onto Whisper White scrap, embossed it with copper, and die cut it using the Layering Ovals Framelits. It's popped up with Dimensionals.
Two Cool—My second card uses the Cable Knit Dynamic Texture Impressions Folder for the background.
This time, I chose to feature the oak leaf. Oooh! I love those copper details! So, SO beautiful!
What an elegant style birthday card for men or women! Love, love, LOVE!
Complete Supplies List—"Clear" means a rubber stamp on a clear block. "Photopolymer" is see-thru.
- Stamps—Vintage Leaves (photopolymer), Wetlands (clear, wood)
- Ink—VersaMark Ink
- Paper—Copper Foil; Whisper White
- Accessories—Copper Embossing Powder, Copper Thread
- Tools—Leaflets Framelits, Layering Ovals Framelits, Woodland Texture Impressions Folder (card #1), Cable Knit Dynamic Texture Impressions Folder (card #2), Big Shot, Heat Tool, Dimensionals, SNAIL
• • • • •
I'd Love To Hear From You!
Leave me a comment at the bottom of the page!
Until next time,
Buy 3, Get 1 FREE Designer Series Paper Sale!
Save on all $11 DSP packs from both the Holiday Catalog and the Annual Catalog thru October 31. No limit. Specialty DSP packs are not included in this sale. Shop Designer Series Papers SALE Now!