Too Cool Events & Specials!
- NEW Too Cool Stamp Club—Group 2 Signups Now Open!
- Buy 3, Get 1 FREE Designer Paper - Thru July 31
- You're Awesome 20% off MDS Print Products - Thru July 31
- 50% Off Paper Pumpkin Kits—Ends September 10
- Blendabilities Markers Now Available!
- Browse the NEW Annual Catalog Online PDF
Right now is a great time to try Paper Pumpkin Kits. Thru September 10, subsribers will receive 50% off their first two month's papercrafting kits! Leran more.
Use Promo Code HALFOFF2 when you sign up at www.MyPaperPumpkin.com
- Moonlight Woven Paper Cards—Choose either the Lost Lagoon or Blackberry Bliss color combination from the Moonlight Papers.
- Gifts of Kindness Square Cards—Try a square card with a fun Window Frame die-cut extension.
- Endless Birthday Wishes Tag Cards—Create a fun background with washi tape and sequins.
- Blended Color Block Silhouette Cards—Stamp a beautiful color blend with a clear-mount block.
See Complete "Last Thursdays" Class Details!
RSVP Today to reserve your spot at my local class or order your Class-To-Go Kit.
* * * * *
Here's a closer look at the Blended Color Silhouette Cards...
If you're participating in my "Last Thursdays" class, you are going to love this simple and stunning technique using a clear mount block.
Inspired by Mary Brown at Stamper Camper.
Blended Block Stamping—The color block on the background is greated by inking up a clear mount block, spritzing it with water, then stamping with it directly on the paper. Here's how:
- Start by inking the top 2/3 of a clear block with the lightest color. I used Soft Sky on an "H" size block.
- Then, ink up the bottom 2/3 of the block with the medium color. I used Marina Mist.
- Finally, ink the bottom 1/3 with the darkest color. I used Night of Navy.
- Lightly spritz the block with water using a Stampin' Spritzer.
- Stamp the block on your card stock. When you first lay it on the paper, the color will bleed and blend, then almost immediately you'll see the ink being absorbed into the paper. It's cool to watch it, actually. Wait for the ink to be fully absorbed (the "movement" under the block will stop) before you lift the block.
- TIP: If you don't have enough water, the color won't blend smoothly and you'll get more of a distressed background like my Night of Navy color above. Still cool, just different.
Silhouette Stamping—Let the blended block background dry completely, then stamp your silhouette image over the top in either StazOn Black or Memento Black ink. My wildflower image comes from World of Dreams, but there are some awesome silhouettes in both Summer Silhouettes and Serene Silhouettes, as their names imply.
Finishing Touches—I added a sentiment from Too Kind to the 3-3/4" x 5" Whisper White background, mounted it on a 3-7/8" x 5-1/8" Soft Sky layer, then tied some retired Soft Sky Seam Binding around it. It's adhered to a Night of Navy card base and I added one Rhinestone Jewel to the corner (oops...I cropped that corner right out of my photo!).
On my second version, I used the blended block technique on a size "D" block.
I had lots of water on the block and I love how the it made the edges uneven. This time I stamped the World of Dreams birds nest image over the top and added a sentiment from Bloom with Hope. Yay, I didn't cut out the trio of Rhinestones in this photo! LOL.
Complete Supplies List
- Stamps—World of Dreams (wood), Too Kind (wood) card #1, Bloom With Hope (wood) card #2
- Ink—Memento Black Ink; Soft Sky, Marina Mist, Night of Navy Classic Ink
- Paper—Night of Navy, Soft Sky and Whisper White card stock
- Accessories—Soft Sky Seam Binding (retired), Rhinestone Jewels
- Tools—Clear Mount Block H (card #1), Clear Mount Block D (card #2), Stampin' Spritzer, SNAIL
Find all the supplies to create this project & more at my Online Store!
RSVP For The "Last Thursdays" Card Class Today by 5pm!
Hope to see you there!