Hi Stamping Friends!
There are only a couple days left to RSVP for my October Wow Techniques Class coming up this Friday! I've got some fun techniques in store for you!
- When: Friday, September 13, 2013, at 6:30pm.
- Where: My Too Cool Stamping Studio, Fort Wayne, IN
- What: We'll create three "wow" cards using fun, more advanced techniques. Envelopes included.
- Cost: $15 or FREE with a minimum order placed at the event.*
- Who: This class is designed for stampers who want to go beyond the basics, but even new stampers are welcome! We'll get you up to speed!
*Minimum order is $25. Stamp Club orders qualify. Other club, class, and workshop orders do not qualify.
- Burnished Glitter Leaves—Fabulous, sparkling fall card! Details posted below!
- Ghosted Bats—Featuring the Halloween Hello stamp set and a cool drop-shadow effect created with Craft White Ink & a brayer!
- Stained Glass Poinsettias—Create a gorgeous Joyful Christmas poinsettia by embossing & coloring on Vellum card stock.
New Stamper FREE Gift—If this is your first time attending one of my classes, or if you register along with a new stamper, you'll receive a hand-made Festive Flurry Mini Composition Notebook!Contact me by October 10 at 5pm to RSVP for the "Wow" Class!
* * * * *
Can't Make My Wow Class? Order A Class-To-Go Kit!
I include all the pre-cut, pre-punched, and pre-die-cut card supplies, plus embellishments and envelopes, for all three cards.
Please Note: The Kits do not include adhesives, heat embossing, glitter, inks, or pre-stamping (per Stampin' Up! policy). For this kit, aside from the stamps and basic inks, you will need to have the several special supplies to finish the basic techniques at home: Card #1: Orange Glitter (I'll supply the adhesive sheets). Card #2: White Craft Ink, brayer, and StazOn Ink. Card #3: Silver Embossing Poweder, Heat Tool, and Markers.Class-To-Go Card Kit Price:
- FREE with a $50 order placed at my Online Store from now thru 10pm EDT on Friday, September 13, 2013. You must use the following Hostess Code: PB3TVBST
- $15 plus $5.60 for shipping (or pick it up at my Too Cool Stamping Studio in Fort Wayne, IN). Contact me for payment details.
New Stamper FREE Gift—If this is your first time ordering a Class-To-Go Kit from me, or if you register along with a new stamper, you'll receive a hand-made Festive Flurry Mini Composition Notebook!
Order Online now to qualify for your FREE Wow Class-To-Go Kit!* * * * *
Only Two Spaces Left For Stamp Club—Members attend all my Wow Techniques Classes for FREE, and receive the class kit if they cannot attend. Plus, they receive Hostess Benefits during one month. See Stamp Club details. Contact me today to reserve your Stamp Club spot!
This is a fabulous card for Fall featuring the Autumn Accents Bigz Die leaves and a cool technique called Burnished Glitter! Connie Collins, a current Stampin' Up! Artisan Design Team member, shared this awesome technique on her blog Constantly Stamping.
The photos of the cards don't adequately capture the glistening you see on the leaves in person! I will warn you that it's a little messy (you'll have glitter everywhere!), but the finished effect is worth it!
I love the sheen of the leaves! You can't see it well, but I stamped a Dictionary background in Early Espresso on my 3-3/4" square Early Espresso card stock. It's matted on a 4" square Pumpkin Pie piece.
Burnished Glitter Technique—You'll need Multipurpose Adhesive Sheets and Orange Glitter for this technique. Connie has a Burnished Glitter Video to show you exactly how it's done, but here are the step-by-step instructions.
- Optional: Stamp a background on your card stock first.
- Die-cut your Autumn Accents shapes from Multipurpose Adhesive Sheets.
- Arrange your die-cuts, then apply them carefully to the card stock trying not to touch the adhesive. Burnish down the adhesive, especially on the edges, then peel off backing paper.
- Pour on Orange fine glitter over the adhesive. Dump the excess back into the jar.
- Using your fingertips or a Bone Folder, rub over the glittered images in small circles until you see the gliter begin to change color. You're simply smoothing out the glitter particles.
- Dust off your card stock with a brush, then wipe away any remaining flecks of glitter with an anti-static cloth (like Swiffer sheets) or Core'dinations Dust Buddy.
I finished my focal point with a strip of frayed Burlap Ribbon adhered with Sticky Strip, and some 1/8" Early Espresso Taffeta Ribbon.
I used the Postitively Chevron pattern for the background on this one—I like it! I mounted my leaves on a Very Vanilla card base with a 2-1/2" x 5-1/2" strip of Crumb Cake to match the Burlap.
The sentiments from both cards are from Lots of Thanks.Complete Supply List:
- Stamps—Lots of Thanks (wood), Dictionary (wood) card #1, Positively Chevron (wood) card #2
- Ink—Early Espresso Classic Ink
- Paper—Early Espresso, Pumpkin Pie, Crumb Cake and Very Vanilla card stock
- Accessories—Black & Orange Glitter Pack, 1-1/4" Burlap Ribbon, 1/8' Early Espresso Taffeta Ribbon
- Tools—Autumn Accents Die, Big Shot, Multipurpose Adhesive Sheets, Bone Folder, Swiffer Cloth or Core'dinations Dust Buddy, Dimensionals, SNAIL
Find all the supplies to create these projects & more at my Online Store!
Latest Releases & Specials!
- Extra $25 Hostess Benefits—For any $250 workshop in October!
- Join For $25—Starter Kit Special runs October 7-21 only!
- Pop & Place Gift Tags—70 tags & matching stamps.
- Everyday Occasions Cardmaking Kit—20 cards, ready to assemble!
- Envelope Punch Board—Makes 66 sizes of envelopes!
- Best of Christmas—New 25th Anniversary Collector Set
- Bite Me Photopolymer Set—Now available!