Current Classes & Special Promotions!
- Browse The 2015 Catalog—See the latest products!
- August Stamp-of-the-Month Kit—Featuring Build A Birthday set. Register by August 7.
- Stamper Sampler Class—August 13. Sympathy Card Stamp-a-Stack.
- Upcoming Class Dates Announced—New schedule, plus Countdown To Christmas dates.
- Super Stamping Saturday—Postponed. Will be rescheduled in August.
- 50% Off First 2 Months of Paper Pumpkin—Subscribe at PaperPumpkin.com using code: HALFOFF
- Weekly Deals—New specials announced every Tuesday!
Hi Stamping Friends!
Today, I'm sharing the final set of cards from my Stamper Sampler Sympathy Card Stamp-a-Stack Class that is coming up this Thursday, August 13! Look for details below! But first...
Last Day To Sign Up For August Paper Pumpkin! If you've been thinking about trying Paper Pumpkin monthly craft kits...Don't Wait! Sign up by today, August 10, to receive your August Paper Pumpkin Kit.
* * * * *
Sheltering Tree Block Stamped Sympathy Cards
Silhouettes are a popular style of stamp images for sympathy cards and the tree from Sheltering Tree works perfectly over a block of color!
CASEd from Lisa Young from Add Ink & Stamp.
Background Basics—My stamped Whisper White layer measures 3-1/2" x 4-3/4". After stamping, it's layered onto a 3-5/8" x 4-7/8" piece of Basic Black with SNAIL and popped up with Dimensionals over a Lost Lagoon card base.
Color Block Stamped Background—This is such a fun technique for a Too Cool background! It takes just three easy steps:
- Coloring—Colored on a clean Clear Block D with Old Olive & Lost Lagoon Stampin' Write Markers.
- Spritzing—Use a Stampin' Spritz bottle filled with water to mist the block just enough to cover it.
- Stamping—Stamp onto Whisper White card stock.
TIP #1: You could also ink each half on the edge of an ink pad.
TIP #2: Rather than contaminate your markers or ink pads, try using an Aqua Painter to overlap & blend the colors where they meet before spritzing.
TIP #3: Don't over-spritz the block. If the water is running off the block, it's too wet.
TIP #4: It helps to have a Piercing Mat as a cushion under your project for a successful transfer of ink from the block. Without a firm, yet cushioned, surface, your color may pool and not cover the entire blocked area while you stamp.
Block Stamping Pictorial—I have more detailed instructions on a previous post. Check out my Blended Block Silhouettes Card post for complete, step-by-step instructions.
Oh No I Didn't—For the record, even though it looks like the sky is at the bottom and the grass is at the top, I didn't screw it up! I was going for a lake with trees in the background. Not sure it came across that way, though. Kind of looks like there is a tree growing in the middle of the lake..LOL!
Silhouette—Once the background was completely dry, I stamped the Sheltering Tree image over the top in Memento Black Ink. I love this background with any silhouette and there are lots of them in the Annual Catalog!
Sweet Sentiment—I added a greeting from the Sheltering Tree stamp set, also in Memento Black Ink.
Finishing Touch—After mounting the stamped layer on black card stock, I tied a strand of Old Olive Baker's Twine around it and popped the whole thing up with Dimensionals.
Two Cool—For the second version, I was going for a river with trees along the banks and sky out in the distance in Pool Party. Again, it kind of looks like the tree is in the middle of the river...haha!
Three Cool—I gave up the water idea on the third try and just did the classic grass & sky background on a horizontal card. Yeah, that looks better.
Complete Supplies List
- Stamps—Sheltering Tree (photopolymer)
- Ink—Memento Tuxedo Black Ink; Lost Lagoon & Old Olive Stampin' Write Markers
- Paper—Basic Black, Lost Lagoon & Whisper White card stock
- Accessories—Old Olive Baker's Twine
- Tools—Clear Block D, Aqua Painter, Stampin' Spritzer, Dimensionals, SNAIL
Find all the supplies to create these projects & more at my Online Store!
* * * * *
I Want To Hear From You! What color color blends would look great behind the Sheltering Tree silhouette? Leave me a comment at the bottom of the page!
Thursday, August 13, 2015, at 6:30pm. Class-To-Go Kits Available!
Create a stack of 12 sympathy cards, 3 each of 4 different styles!