- Stamp-of-the-Month Classes—Temporarily postponed due to family emergency.
- "Last Thursdays" Classes—Temporarily postponed due to family emergency.
- Sale-a-Bration Celebration Exclusive Event—Earn this FREE April event!
- Weekly Deals—New specials announced every Tuesday!
- Leap Into Savings Special—FREE Shipping on orders thru February 29.
- Clearance Rack—Discounted retired merchandise!
- Browse The 2015 Annual Catalog—See the latest products!
- Browse The Occasions Catalog—All-new stamps, papers & accents!
- Browse Sale-A-Bration Flyer —Earn FREE items with every $50 order.
- View NEW Sale-A-Bration Items—Earn FREE items with every $50 order.
- 3-Month Paper Pumpkin Subscription Sale—$55 plus FREE Sale-a-Bration item.
Hi Stamping Friends,
I can hardly believe that it's been 5 weeks since I traveled down to Florida to be with my dad during his hospice care. The timing is in God's hands and although I would not want to be anywhere else right now, I am definitely having some stamping withdrawal. I have no stamping supplies with me, so making projects to feature on my blog is not an viable option.
Fortunately, I know some very talented stampers who are have shared some of their project ideas with me! So, while I'm not able to create my own projects, I'll be sharing some of their amazing ideas with you while I'm away!
Today, I'm sharing a group of three cards created by Stella MacKay using the sweet Pedal Pusher stamp set, one of the new Sale-a-Bration offerings! See all the details below. But first, a couple reminders:
Only 4 More Days To...
5 Days Only—February 25 thru 29!
Place a $50 or larger order at my Online Store using the Hostess Code DG9ZX9NS & I'll send you a rebate check to cover the cost of shipping! Offer good thru February 29, 2016 only. Enter code on the shopping cart page.
Order Now From My Online Store • Use Hostess Code DG9ZX9NS to qualify
You Can Sale-a-Brate With Me Anytime! I may not be working my normal hours, but you can still take advantage of the Sale-a-Bration promotion! I'll be checking my email several times a day if you have any questions.
3 Ways To Earn FREE Sale-A-Bration Goodies!
- Shop! Select a FREE SAB item for EVERY $50 you spend! Shop Online!
- Host! Earn $25 extra Hostess Dollars for your $250 workshop or individual order! Contact me to schedule your private class or online catalog party! See regular Stampin' Rewards.
- Join! Select $30 additional items with your $99 Starter Kit—that's $155 in items, plus FREE shipping! Join Now!
Created by Stella MacKay at Stellar Stamps.
Diagonal Pedal Pusher Cards
Stella MacKay CASEd the diagonal design of a card presented on the Pedal Pusher Video from Stampin' Up! featuring the fun new Pedal Pusher Sale-a-Bration stamp set. You can earn this set for FREE with a $50 purchase during Sale-a-Bration, ending March 31, 2016.
Background Basics—Stella started this card by affixing a 4-1/4" x 5-1/2" piece of Shine On Designer Series Paper to a vertically folded 4-1/4" x 11" Bermuda Bay card base.
Watercolor Paper—For each of the cards, Stella started with a 4-1/4" x 3-1/4" piece of Watercolor Paper, then used the Stampin' Trimmer to diagonally slice off a piece so that the right side measures 2-1/2" high.
Bicycle Basics—The bicycle and basket of hearts images from Pedal Pusher were stamped in Tuxedo Black Memento Ink, then colored in with Stampin' Write Markers in Basic Black, Crumb Cake, Daffodil Delight, Pink Pirouette, Pool Party and Rose Red. Next, she used an Aqua Painter with Smokey Slate ink to add a subtle shadow. She said the brush tip was "almost-dry" to create this cool streaking/shadowing.
Sweet Sentiment—Stella stamped the sentiment from Happy Home under the bike.
Finishing Touches—After adhering the stamped layer onto the card front with SNAIL, she wrapped 1/8" Stitched Bermuda Bay Ribbon around the card and tied it into a small bow. If you look closely, you can see that she added a line of piercing details along the diagonal edge, too. A few Bermuda Bay Sequins, attached with Glue Dots, give it some sparkle.
Two Cool—Stella did a second version using the Birthday Bouquet DSP for the Mossy Meadow background pattern and a Mossy Meadow card base. This time she stamped the basket of wine and grapes from Pedal Pusher and colored with the Basic Black, Crumb Cake, Crushed Curry, Elegant Eggplant, Mossy Meadow, Pool Party and Rich Razzleberry markers. The sentiment is from Beautiful Ride, which fits so well with the bicycle image!
Finishing Touches—This time, she wrapped the 1/8" Gold Ribbon around the card front and trimmed the diagonal edge with a string of Gold Sequin Trim, adhered with Multipurpose Glue.
Three Cool—Stella did a final version using the Wildflower Fields DSP, also a Sale-a-Bration selection, for the background with a Hello Honey card base. The bicycle was also colored in Hello Honey and she used a variety of marker colors for the basket of flowers. The sentiment is from Greatest Greetings.
Finishing Touches—The diagonal on this card was layered with 5/8" Hello Honey Striped Cotton Ribbon on a strip of Tear & Tape adhesive, and it is accented with Venetian Crochet Trim, adhered with small dabs of Multipurpose Glue. A wooden heart from the Love Blossoms Embellishment Kit finishes off this card.
Thank you so much to Stella MacKay for sharing these delightful card ideas!
Print & Save This Project...
Complete Supplies List—"Clear" means a rubber stamp on a clear block. "Photopolymer" is see-thru.
- Stamps—Pedal Pusher Sale-a-Bration (photopolymer), Happy Home (clear, wood) card #1, Beautiful Ride (photopolymer) card #2, Greatest Greetings (clear, wood) card #3
- Ink—Tuxedo Black Memento Ink, Stampin' Write Markers, Smoky Slate Classic Ink Pad
- Paper—Watercolor Paper; Shine On DSP (card #1); Birthday Bouquet DSP (card #2); Wildflower Fields DSP (Sale-a-Bration) (card #3); Bermuda Bay (card #1), Mossy Meadow (card #2), Hello Honey (card #3) card stock
- Accessories—1/8" Bermuda Bay Stitched Satin Ribbon & Bermuda Bay Sequin Trim (card #1); 1/8" Gold Ribbon & Gold Sequin Trim (card #2); 5/8" Hello Honey Striped Cotton Ribbon, Venetian Crochet Trim & Love Blossoms Embellishment Kit (card #3)
- Tools—Stampin' Trimmer, Aqua Painters, Paper Piercing Tool, Piercing Mat, Updated Essentials Piercing Template, Glue Dots, Tear & Tape, Multipurpose Glue, SNAIL
Sale-A-Brate Now...To Celebrate Later!
Learn how you can EARN this exclusive FREE event when you Shop, Host & Join during Sale-a-Bration!
Try Paper Pumpkin For 3 Months—Only $55!
Plus select a FREE Sale-a-Bration item, too! Offer good now thru March 31, 2016.