Current Classes & Special Promotions!
- EVENT: Sale-A-Bration Celebration—Exclusive Too Cool Event. By invitation only! April 19.
- CLASS: Stamper Sampler—Featuring Sheer Perfection Vellum. April 22.
- CLASS: "Last Thursdays" Card Class—April 30
- Occasions Catalog—Spring items available thru June 2, 2015
- SPECIAL: Weekly Deals—New specials announced every Tuesday!
Hi Stamping Friends!
I've been having fun getting ready for my special Sale-a-Bration Celebration event coming up this Sunday. I can't wait to spoil all my stamping friends who earned this exclusive reward party!
Just a reminder, I still need for you to RSVP by tomorrow April 17 if you are planning to attend the local event, and if you're bringing a friend, so I know how many supplies to prepare. If you're one of my online customers, I'll be sending out your kit early next week.
* * * * *
Hello You Thinlits Now Available! We've had many items that have been "not orderable" due to a shipping backlog from the dock worker's slowdown. But, the Hello You Thinlits and Crazy About You Bundles (wood, clear, photopolymer) which include the thinlits are now available for purchase! Woohoo!
* * * * *
Check out the stamped "leather" focal point on this card! Peggy Tassler brought this card for our Team masculine card swap and did a presentation on how to duplicate this faux-leather stamping technique. It's definitely Too Cool!
She CASEd the technique from Melissa Banbury at Porch Swing Creations.
Faux-Leather Stamping Technique How-To
- Start by stamping your image in Chocolate Chip ink onto Crumb Cake card stock.
- Outline the forefront images with a Stylus on a Piercing Mat.
- Sponge Crushed Curry ink over the image.
- Sponge Pumpkin Pie ink over the image.
- Sponge Soft Suede ink over the image.
- Sponge Chocolate Chip ink around the edges and random other areas.
- Re-apply Pumpkin Pie ink over the entire piece.
Leather Layer & Sweet Sentiment—Peggy's card used the moose image from Walk In The Wild for this awesome technique. The piece is 3" square and it's popped up with Dimensionals onto a 3-1/8" square Baked Brown Sugar layer. The greeting is from the Too Kind stamp set.
Background Basics—The 5-1/4" x 4" Cajun Craze layer is stamped in Chocolate Chip with the Hardwood background stamp. Then, Peggy did something that I've never thought to do...she embossed the wood stamped layer with the Woodgrain Texture Embossing Folder! Haha! Brilliant!
It's adhered to a Baked Brown Sugar card base.
Two Cool—Peggy did a second version of the card with Cajun Craze & Early Espresso accents. The background is decorated with Adventure Bound Designer Series Paper stack paper.
Complete Supplies List
- Stamps—Walk In The Wild (wood), Too Kind (wood) (card #1), Hardwood (wood) (card #1)
- Ink—Chocolate Chip, Crushed Curry, Pumpkin Pie, Soft Suede Classic Ink
- Paper—Adventure Bound DSP Stack (card #2); Baked Brown Sugar & Cajun Craze (card#1), Cajun Craze & Early Espresso (card #2), Crumb Cake & Whisper White card stock
- Accessories—Regals Buttons (card #2)
- Tools—Woodgrain Texture Impressions Folder, Big Shot, Stylus, Piercing Mat, Sponges, Dimensionals, SNAIL
Find all the supplies to create these projects & more at my Online Store!
Thanks, Peggy, for sharing your amazing card and showing us how to get the faux-leather stamping look!
Stamper Sampler: Sheer Perfection Vellum & Butterflies Class
Wednesday, April 22, 2015, at 6:30 pm. Limited spaces available!
Create 7 cards featuring the retired Sheer Perfection Vellum, along with lots of butterfly embellishments!
See Complete Details for the Sheer Perfection Vellum & Butterflies Class!
Stampin' Quick Links