- Envelope Punch Board—Makes 66 sizes of envelopes!
- Butterfly Bundle—Save 15% on Papillion Potpourri & Bitty Butterfly Punch
- Best of Autumn—New 25th Anniversary Collector Set
- October Countdown To Christmas—Registration open!
- September Countdown To Christmas Class—Sept. 7
- Too Cool Demo Shoebox Swap—September 9
- Wow Techniques Class—September 13
- Faux Patina Week—September 16-22
- "Last Thursdays" Card Class—Rescheduled to Wed, Sept. 25
I've been busy putting together my Countdown To Christmas Class Kits for my class on Saturday!
288 cards—ready to stamp and assemble! I love cutting, and prepping, and making piles of supplies, and packing them all up! I guess I'm weird that way! I'm already getting excited about the October Countdown To Christmas prep! LOL!
Today's card is a CASE of one of Shelli Gardner's interactive cards from Convention. It uses the Peek-A-Boo Die to make a fun slider! Check it out!
I made the card base from a 5-1/2" x 4-1/4" piece of Tempting Turquoise and layered it with a 5-1/4" x 4" Whisper White layer and 5" x 3-3/4" piece of Pear Pizzazz.
It doesn't open in the traditional way, you simply pull the slider...
The window slides open to reveal the second part of the Petite Pairs sentiment.
Making The Peek-A-Boo Slider
- Die-cut the window frame shape with the Peek-A-Boo Die.
- Score along the "door" flap that opens to reveal the window at the 1" and 2" marks.
- Cut a 3-1/4" x 1-15/16" (just shy of 2" to fit inside the window) piece of card stock in the same color.
- Score along the 3-1/4" side at the 1/4" mark.
- Fold that 1/4" flap back and add Sticky Strip to it.
- Slide the piece under the right side of the peek-a-boo die-cut frame, then adhere that flap to the opposite edge of the "door". Check out the photo above for a visual reference. It's essential that the flap is adhered in the right direction so that the card stock slides flush to the card front. Otherwise, the pull will not open completely.
- Stamp your sentiment onto a 2-1/4" x 2-3/8" piece of Whisper White and adhere it to the card front, carefully positioning it so that you have room for your peek-a-boo mechanism over the top.
- Adhere the peek-a-boo window along the top, bottom and non-slider side. Keep the slider side unattached so it pulls freely!
I decorated my slider front with a tiny strip from the Gingham Garden DSP, a Bitty Butterfly Punch from the Brights Paper Stack, and a Petite Pairs sentiment. I rounded the corners of the slider piece, then punched a hole and added some Old Olive 1/8" Taffeta for the pull.
The Daffodil Delight die-cut arrow, created with the Label Card Thinlits set, gives the recipient a hint to pull the tab!
The "thx" is from the Circle Card Thinlits set. Make sure that you adhere it so that it's completely covered when the slider is closed.Complete Supply List:
- Stamps—Petite Pairs (wood)
- Ink—Tempting Turquoise Classic Ink
- Paper—Gingham Garden DSP, Brights Patterns DSP Stack; Tempting Turquoise, Pear Pizzazz, Daffodil Delight and Whisper White card stock
- Accessories—Rhinestone Jewels, Old Olive 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon
- Tools—Peek-A-Boo Frames Die, Circle Card Thinlits, Label Card Thinlits, Big Shot, Simply Scored, 1/8" hole punch (retired), Corner Rounder Punch, Bitty Butterfly Punch, Sticky Strip, Dimensionals, SNAIL
Find all the supplies to create this project & more at my Online Store!Angie