25 Stamp Sets At 25% Off!
One week only take advantage of special 25th anniversary savings on 25 stamp sets! See the complete list of 25 stamp sets on sale now thru October 28.
Hi Stamping Friends!
Thanks so much to everyone who came out to my "Last Thursdays" card class last night! We had lots of fun—we always do! Be sure to mark your calendars for the November "Last Thursdays" which is rescheduled to Tuesday, November 26, due to Thanksgiving. Hope to see you there!
Also, don't forget that this Sunday, October 27, you're invited to come and stamp with me for my Anything Goes Open Stamp Night from 4-9pm. This isn't a class, just some casual stamping with friends! Bring your own projects to finish up, while I work on my stamping projects. Learn more.
Today's projects feature the fun & festive Christmas Collectibles ornaments and matching Christmas Ornament Punch to make pretty hanging ornament cards.
My favorite thing about this set is that the bold sections are easy to color with markers to create a perfectly coordinated embellishment for your projects! And, the punch makes it super-easy to cut them out quickly!
Circle Window—Now that we have the Circle Collection Framelits, making a window card takes no time at all!
First, I temporarily tacked down my 4" x 5-1/4" Winter Frost Designer Paper to the front of my Whisper White, vertically folded card base. Then, I positioned one of the Circle Framelits at the top and with the card open, I ran it through the Big Shot.
Twine Hanger—By only temporarily attaching the DSP, it allowed me to go back and adhere some White Baker's Twine between the layers so the card looks more finished on the inside.
Colored Ornament—After coloring on the rubber stamp with Smoky Slate, Pool Party and Bermuda Bay Markers, I stamped the image onto Whisper White and punched it out. I repeated the process so that I could adhere two ornament shapes back-to-back around the dangling twine.
I adhered a Bermuda Bay 1/8" Taffeta bow to the top with Glue Dots. And, some Pearl Jewels are a lovely accent to decorate the ornament!
Since I used all "newer" marker colors here, it's a great time to bring up this...
Single Marker Reminder! Last chance! You only have until October 31, 2013 to purchase the "new" markers individually. There is a complete set of the 10 new colors of markers in the catalog, but not all of the colors were available as a single marker.
Single New Color Markers—Available Now Thru Oct. 31, 2013
|130034||$28.95||Stampin' Write Marker New Color Kit
Bermuda Bay, Blushing Bride, Calypso Coral, Crushed Curry, Island Indigo, Pear Pizzazz, Pool Party, Smoky Slate, Soft Sky, Wisteria Wonder
|131899||$3.50||Bermuda Bay Stampin' Write Marker|
|131265||$3.50||Blushing Bride Stampin' Write Marker|
|131902||$3.50||Calypso Coral Stampin' Write Marker|
|131901||$3.50||Crushed Curry Stampin' Write Marker|
|131905||$3.50||Island Indigo Stampin' Write Marker|
|131266||$3.50||Pear Pizzazz Stampin' Write Marker|
|131904||$3.50||Pool Party Stampin' Write Marker|
|131898||$3.50||Smoky Slate Stampin' Write Marker|
|131900||$3.50||Soft Sky Stampin' Write Marker|
|131903||$3.50||Wisteria Wonder Stampin' Write Marker|
Blushing Bride, Pear Pizzazz, and Smoky Slate Markers are already in the catalog, so they will continue to be available after October 31, 2013.
Order the New Markers Colors today at my Online Store!
Finishing Touches—I finished off the bottom of the card with a 4" x 3/4" piece of Basic Gray card stock that's embossed with the Needlepoint Border Folder.
Sentiment & Label—The More Merry Messages sentiment was stamped in Bermuda Bay on a 1" wide strip of Whisper White card stock.
You probably don't recognize the label shape, because it's a custom double-cut shape I created with the cute little label die from the Circle Card Thinlits set.
A 1" strip will fit nicedly through the die, so you can cut one end at a time for any length! Too Cool!
TIP: Run the side you want to cut through the Big Shot first, then back it out before you roll it over the other, non-cut side. Look carefully at my example above (click to enlarge it) and you'll see that there is a little embossed edge created when I ran the first cut all the way through. You don't want that!
My horizontal version used the flip side of my Winter Frost Paper and a different ornament image from the set.Complete Supplies List:
- Stamps—Christmas Collectibles (wood) OR Christmas Collectibles Bundle (wood), More Merry Messages (wood)
- Ink—Pool Party, Bermuda Bay, and Smoky Slate Markers; Bermuda Bay Classic Ink
- Paper—Winter Frost DSP Stack; Basic Gray and Whisper White card stock
- Accessories—White Baker's Twine, 1/8" Bermuda Bay Taffeta Ribbon, Pearl Jewels
- Tools—Circle Collection Framelits, Circle Card Thinlits, Needlepoint Border Texture Impressions Folders, Big Shot, Christmas Ornament Punch OR Christmas Collectibles Bundle (wood), Glue Dots, Dimensionals, SNAIL
Find all the supplies to create these projects & more at my Online Store!
_____________________________________________________________________Too Cool Events!
- Anything Goes Open Stamp Night—October 27, 4-9pm.
- November Countdown To Christmas—November 2, 2pm.
- Wow Techniques Class & Club—November 8, 6:30pm
- Too Cool Demo Team Shoebox Swap—November 11, 6pm
- 25% Off 25 Stamp Sets—Now Thru October 28 only!
- Extra $25 Hostess Benefits—For any $250 workshop in October!
- Weekly Deals—New specials start every Tuesday!
- NEW Cut & Ready Card Bases—Pre-cut, pre-scored card stock...EASY!
- Endless Wishes Photopolymer—New Christmas set!
- Pop & Place Gift Tags—70 tags & matching stamps.
- Everyday Occasions Cardmaking Kit—20 cards, ready to assemble!
- Envelope Punch Board—Makes 66 sizes of envelopes!
- Best of Christmas—New 25th Anniversary Collector Set
Browse Current Catalogs!