- Extra Stampin' Rewards—Hosts can earn $35 more reward dollars in June.
- Select 2 FREE Stamp Sets With Starter Kit—June 1-30.
- Browse The 2016 Annual Catalog—See the latest products!
- Request A FREE Catalog—Learn how!
- Clearance Rack—Discounted retired merchandise!
- 2016 In Color Club—5-color class kits over 5 months! Sign up by June 15.
- 2016 Too Cool NEW Paper Share—Sample of 135 papers! Sign up by June 15.
- Too Cool Team Meeting & Swap—June 13. New members welcome!
- BIG BOGO Bash Event—Huge Retired Clearance Sale! June 26, 1-6pm.
- "Last Thursdays" Monthly Card Class—June 30, 6:30-8:30pm.
Hi Stamping Friends!
I hope that you are having fun exploring the NEW 2016-2017 Annual Catalog!
Did you know that there are more than 375 new products in there—WHOA! Some of my favorite "new" items each year are the beautiful new Designer Series Papers! Today, I'm sharing a fun party favor featuring pretty papers from the new Affectionately Yours DSP.
If you'd like a budget-friendly way to get your hands on ALL of the new DSP, you'll want to check out my new Too Cool Paper Share!
* * * * *
I'm so excited to once again offer a fun & affordable way for you to be able to try ALL of the awesome Designer Series Papers from the 2016-2017 Annual Catalog! Receive 135 sheets of all-new 6x6" DSP & Specialty papers, plus 8 Bonus Doilies—all for $34.50, plus shipping!
Contact Me Today To Reserve Your Spot!
CASEd from Sam Donald at Pootles.com.
Affectionately Yours Long Triangle Treat Box—I created these fun treat boxes as table favors for my team meeting last month. At 7" long and 2" wide, they hold LOTS of goodies, too! Let's take a look at the box details...
Box Basics—I started with an 8" x 11" piece of Night of Navy for the box base. I CASEd this box design from Sam Donald and you can see her handy tutorial here: 7" Triangular Box. I have a complete pictorial for cutting, scoring & assembling the triangle box if you scroll below. The top flap folds over the top of the box, then it's secured with a belly band.
Belly Band—I created the band with a 4" x 7" piece of Affectionately Yours Designer Series Paper. It's not scored, simply wrapped around the box so that the overlap is at the bottom, then pinch-folded around each side and secured with a strip of Tear & Tape Adhesive along the edge. It should be taunt on the box, but loose enough that it can side it on and off easily.
Sweet Sentiment—I stamped the birthday greeting from the Confetti Celebration stamp set in Watermelon Wonder ink onto Whisper White card stock, then punched it out with the Decorative Label Punch. It's popped up with Dimensionals.
Finishing Touches—I punched a Petite Petals flower accent from Mint Macaron card stock, also popped with a Dimensional, and accented with a Rhinestone Jewels.
Box Ends—The triangular inverted side is a lovely detail of this box. I also used a Project Life Corner Rounder on the closing flaps.
Opening The Box—When you first take the belly band off and open the top flap, you can see the other flap has been tucked inside. The notch allows you to grab a hold of the flap and pull it open.
Inside—You can see that there is a lot of room in this box when it's open! You could put lots of candy in here, maybe even a full-size candy bar depending on the kind. It's also a great box for giving cash for a graduation gift, just roll up the bills to tuck inside. Or add some tissue paper for a unique jewelry box. So many possibilities!
Two Cool—For my second version, I used Watermelon Wonder for the box base, then another pattern of the Affectionately Yours DSP for the belly band.
Sweet Sentiment 2—I used a different Confetti Celebration greeting for this one, stamped in Night of Navy ink. This time my accent was made with the Bitty Butterfly Punch.
• • • • •
Making Your Own Triangle Treat Box—I CASEd this box design from Sam Donald and you can watch her video for a complete demonstration: Pootles 7" Triangular Box Tutorial. I've broken down the steps in a pictorial below. Click on the photos to enlarge them.
- Start with a 11" x 8" piece of card stock. Using the Simply Scored Tool, score along the 11" side at the 2" and 9" marks.
- Rotate the card stock to the 8" side, then score at: 1", 3", 5", and 7".
- Make a little tick mark at the 4". Lay your card stock on the Paper Piercing Pad, then use a ruler to create a diagonal score line from the tick mark to the first intersecting score lines, as shown above.
- Make cuts along the score lines as shown above to create the tabs. You'll cut off the outside corner sections completely. Create slits along the 2" and 9" lines up to the center panel to make the tabs. I cut slanted notches off of each side of the tabs, too, so that it assembles with neat corners.
- Fold on all the score lines. All of the sides will fold up and inward.
- The triangular pinched sides will fold back on the diagonal lines, then forward on the straight lines. Add some Tear & Tape Adhesive to the back side of the tabs to adhere the sides.
- Fold the closing flaps on one side down, then punch out a small notch using the 1/2" Circle Punch. This provides a little finger notch to help open the box.
- Round all the corners of the closing flaps with a Project Life Corner Rounder Punch.
• • • • •
Complete Supplies List—"Clear" means a rubber stamp on a clear block. "Photopolymer" is see-thru.
- Stamps—Confetti Celebration (clear, wood)
- Ink—Watermelon Wonder (box #1), Night of Navy (box #2) Classic Ink
- Paper—Affectionately Yours DSP; Night of Navy (box #2), Watermelon Wonder (box #2), Mint Macaron & Whisper White card stock
- Accessories—Rhinestone Jewels
- Tools—Simply Scored, Paper Snips, Bone Folder, Tear & Tape Adhesive, Decorative Label Punch, Project Life Corner Rounder Punch, Petite Petals Punch (box #1), Bitty Butterfly Punch (box #2), 1/2" Circle Punch, Piercing Mat, ruler, Dimensionals, SNAIL
• • • • •
Until next time,
The NEW 2016-2017 Annual Catalog Is Here!
Request Your FREE Catalog!
I'm happy to send you a NEW Catalog! Learn how!
Two Cool Ways To Earn FREE Stamps In June!
#1 Earn Extra Stampin' Rewards!—Earn $35 in extra Stampin' Rewards dollars to spend when you have a minimum $350 workshop or individual order! Learn more about the Extra Stampin' Rewards Promotion!
#2 Purchase A $99 Starter Kit, Select Two FREE Stamps!—Select Two Stamp Sets of your choice with the purchase the $99 Starter Kit! Learn more about the More Stamps Please Promotion.
A budget-friendly way to get all the NEW In Color products, plus supplies for making 20 matching cards & FREE rewards! Learn more: 2016 In Color Club!