Current Classes & Special Promotions!
- Browse The 2015 Catalog—See the new products!
- NEW Bonus Deals—Save with more Weekly Deals & Clearance Rack thru August 3.
- Watercolor Wishes Pizza Party—Assemble the Kit & eat pizza! July 16. Limited Seating.
- Super Stamping Saturday—Postponed. Will be rescheduled in August.
- SPECIAL: Weekly Deals—New specials announced every Tuesday!
Hi Stamping Friends!
I just got my Watercolor Wishes Card Kit yesterday and I can't wait to put the 20 cards together! We are going to have so much fun at our Watercolor Wishes Class & Pizza Party next Thursday, July 16. Will you be there?! Space is limited, so contact me today to RSVP!
Bohemian Pinwheel Note Cards
I found this super-cute, fancy fold card at Dawn Olchefske's DO Stamping blog and I knew I had to try one (or two)! I couldn't believe how easy it was to create! I love how it opens up to reveal a note card on the inside.
Pinwheel Papers—I selected the bold, bright patterns of the Bohemian Designer Series Papers for both of my cards. I love that every sheet in this package of paper has one side with small print in one color, and one side with a bold, multicolor pattern. Perfect for this card style!
Let's start by seeing how it's made! It only takes a few scores & cuts!
Making A Pinwheel Folded Card
- Start with an 8" square piece of DSP.
- You'll need your Simply Scored tool, along with the Diagonal Plate.
- Select the side of paper you want for the inside, which will also be pinwheel edges.
- Position your paper "inside" down onto the Diagonal Plate.
- Score on all sides at the 3" mark.
- Trim out the triangles on each side where the score lines intersect.
- Position your paper "inside" up on the regular Simply Scored tool.
- Score on the 1" mark on each side to the point of the notch you just cut.
- Fold back the pinwheel edges and crease with a Bone Folder.
- Flip over and fold each side flap and crease with a Bone Folder.
- To close, fold the bottom flap in first, then continue around clockwise. The last flap will tuck under the first flap, just like if you were closing up the top of a box.
- TIP: If you can't see all of the edges correctly, try folding the flaps in a counter-clockwise rotation.
See Dawn Olchefske's Pinwheel Card Video for details.
Pinwheel Card Basics—I started with an 8" x 8" piece of Bohemian DSP. This card ends up folding down to a 4-1/4" square card that will fit in a traditional A2 Medium envelope.
Belly Band—I decorated the pinwheel card with a 1" wide belly band in Blackberry Bliss. I scored the 10-1/4" long strip at the 2-3/4" and 7-1/8" marks and adhered the ends with Tear & Tape Adhesive.
Sweet Sentiment—I stamped the Tin of Cards sentiment in Bermuda Bay ink onto Very Vanilla, then punched with the 1-3/4" Circle Punch. It's layered on a 2" Circle punch from Delightful Dijon card stock, then popped up onto the belly band with Dimensionals.
Band Décor—I tied a simple bow with the Very Vanilla Thick Baker's Twine, then attached it with a Glue Dot. The Bermuda Bay Sequins are also adhered with Glue Dots...no glue mess!
The Pinwheel—I added a belly band for decoration, but it is truly optional. The flaps tuck into each other, just like a box, and stay securely closed.
Fully Opened Pinwheel—The inside of the pinwheel has plenty of space to write a note. I stamped a Blackberry Bliss Bohemian Borders image along the side of the 4" square Very Vanilla piece. Then I matted it on a 4-1/8" square of Delightful Dijon before adhering to the center square.
Two Cool—I tried a bolder pattern for my second version...gosh I love these colors!
This time, I thought a Bermuda Bay belly band looked better. I also tried a different Tin of Cards sentiment.
I stamped some different Bohemian Borders images in Bermuda Bay, Blackberry Bliss and Delightful Dijon on the inside.
Complete Supplies List
- Stamps—Tin of Cards (photopolymer), Bohemian Borders (photopolymer)
- Ink—Bermuda Bay, Blackberry Bliss & Delightful Dijon Classic Ink
- Paper—Bohemian DSP; Blackberry Bliss (card #1), Bermuda Bay (card #2), Delightful Dijon & Very Vanilla card stock
- Accessories—Bermuda Bay Sequin Trim, Very Vanilla Thick Baker's Twine
- Tools—1-3/4" Circle Punch, 2" Circle Punch, Simply Scored, Simply Scored Diagonal Plate, Glue Dots, Tear & Tape Adhesive, Dimensionals, SNAIL
Find all the supplies to create these projects & more at my Online Store!
* * * * *
What do you think of this fancy fold pinwheel card? Have you ever made one, or will you be making one? Leave me a comment at the bottom of the page!