Happy Valentine's Day!
After I saw the most awesome Valentine's card created by Michelle Hoover at our team meeting this week, I knew I'd have to try it for my Special Valentine! You can see her Double-Easel Valentine's Card posted in yesterday's Showcase.
Here's my take on this card! Wow! It was so much fun to make and really a lot easier than it looks! You can see how to make your own by watching the Double-Easel Valentine Card Tutorial from Melissa Stout.
I'm not even going to try to describe it because it will only confuse you into thinking it's hard to make. Seriously...don't be intimidated! See how easy it is by watching that video!
The card folds down flat, but it's bigger than a standard envelope. I used the Hearts Collection Framelits, Hearts A Flutter Framelits and the Small Heart Punch for all of the punch shapes. The More Amore Designer Paper was perfect for layering, and I used the Silver and Red Glimmer Papers for sparkly accents.
The sentiment is from Loving Thoughts and would be perfect for a wedding or anniversary card, too!
TIP: I started with the accents on the top, but quickly found out that the weight of the embellishments was making it difficult to stay standing. To counter-balance the top-heavy heart, I added two Basics Designer Buttons tied with Pool Party Satin Ribbon. Worked like a charm!
The front heart is also decorated with More Amore DSP cut with the Hearts Collection Framelits. I also added a stamped and die-cut Hearts A Flutter image, a Red Glimmer Small Heart punch, and a Ciao, Baby! image punched with the Petite Curly Label Punch.
You'll need something at the tip of the heart card base to anchor the small heart to keep it standing, so I used a Designer Build-A-Brad with an Itty Bitty Bits heart stamp.
Too much fun and definitely Too Cool!Complete Supply List:
- Stamps—Hearts A Flutter Bundle, Ciao, Baby! stamp set, Loving Thoughts, Itty Bitty Bits
- Ink—Tempting Turquoise and Primrose Petals Classic Ink
- Paper—More Amore DSP; Red Glimmer Paper; Silver Glimmer Paper; Real Red, Pool Party and Whisper White card stock
- Accessories—Designer Build-A-Brads, Rhinestone Jewels, Basics Designer Buttons, Sycamore Street Ribbon & Button Pack (SAB #130812)
- Tools—Hearts Collection Framelits, Hearts A Flutter Bundle, Big Shot, Small Heart Punch, Itty Bitty Punch Pack, Petite Curly Label Punch (SAB #129405), Glue Dots, Dimensionals, SNAIL
Find all the supplies to create these projects & more at my Online Store!
Don't forget to check out all of the Sale-A-Bration items you can earn...choose one FREE item for every $50 you spend!Angie
___________________________________________________________________Too Cool Promotion Quick Links!
- Browse Spring Catalog—Flash Player
- Shop Spring Catalog—Online Store
- Sent With Love Promotion—Now Thru April 30.
- Sale-A-Bration Promotion—See what you can earn for FREE!
- MyPaperPumpkin.com—Monthly Kit Subscription
- Best of 25 Years Stamps—New stamp set each month!
- Best of 25 Years Stamp Club by Mail—Openings still available.
- "Last Thursdays" Card Class—February 28, 6:30pm
- Best of 25 Years Club Orders Due—March 5
- Wow Techniques Class—March 8, 6:30pm.