- Stamper Sampler Class—"I'm Bringing Birthdays Back" Class. Date & details TBA.
- Stamp-of-the-Month Class—Returning in May.
- Sale-a-Bration Celebration Exclusive Event—April 24.
- "Last Thursdays" Monthly Class—April 28. 4 Cards for $10.
- Shop Retired Items—While supplies last!
- Clearance Rack—Discounted retired merchandise!
- Browse The 2015 Annual Catalog—See the latest products!
- Browse The Occasions Catalog—All-new stamps, papers & accents!
Hi Stamping Friends,
This week, I've been getting ready for a very special event coming up this week—my Sale-a-Bration Celebration! It's an exclusive appreciation event for customers who qualified during the Sale-a-Bration promotion. I'm so excited about the project we'll be creating at the event, so I thought I'd share it with you today!
But first, have you gotten all your favorites from the Retired List?
All retiring stamps will be guaranteed available thru May 22, then they will be while supplies last. Everything else is available while supplies last only, beginning immediately! All retired merchandise will be gone for good after May 31, 2016.
- View Retired List PDF
- View Sortable Retired List Excel File
- Shop Retired Stamps Only
- Shop Everything Else That's Retired
Flowery 5-Card All-Occasion Cards Box Gift Set
I love making sets of cards to give as gifts, and this is such a fun & unique box to create! The half-open top allows you to get a sneak peek of the cards inside! Plus, it's made out of only ONE 8-1/2" x 11" sheet of card stock! I designed my Sale-a-Bration Celebration project using products from the Sale-a-Bration promotion, and I designed a second box set using items that are still available to purchase. Let's take a closer look at this delightful project!
Card Box Gift Set—I created all 5 of the cards with the same design using different In Colors. For the Flowering Fields Card Box set, I featured the soon-to-retire 2014-2016 In Colors, as well as wildflowers images from the Flowering Fields Sale-a-Bration stamp set.
Background Basics—The stamped layer is 3-1/4" x 4-1/2", which is eventually mounted on a 3-3/8" x 4-5/8" Basic Black mat, and popped up with Dimensionals onto a Whisper White card base.
Sweet Sentiment—I stamped a Rose Wonder greeting in Memento Black Ink at the top right of each of the stamped layers first.
Wildflower Stamping—Next, I stamped each card with a different Flowering Fields image in Memento Black Ink and colored in the image with coordinating In Colors ink and a Blender Pen.
Finishing Touches—I adhered a 3-1/4" x 1" strip of matching patterned paper from the In Color Designer Series Paper Stack, in this case Blackberry Bliss. A 4" x 1/4" strip of Basic Black was fishtailed on the ends, then adhered at the seam with SNAIL.
I finished off the card with a Silver Baker's Twine bow attached with a Glue Dot, and a few Pearl Jewels floating around the flowers.
Additional Cards—Click to enlarge the cards above to see each of the 4 additional cards from the set up close! Cards are in Lost Lagoon, Hello Honey, Mossy Meadow & Tangelo Twist colors.
Half-Open Card Box—This card box design nicely holds 4-6 cards with envelopes. I love that it only took one sheet of Lost Lagoon card stock to create it! I've detailed how to assemble it below.
Box Décor—I wrapped a 1-1/2' x 12" piece of Wildflower Fields DSP around the box and secured the ends with SNAIL a little off-set, so the medallion would cover it. I punched out a 2" Circle from Whisper White card stock, then embossed it with the Softly Falling Folder to match the dotted pattern of the DSP. It was matted onto a 2-3/8" Scallop Circle punched from Basic Black, then popped up with Dimensionals.
I finished it with a butterfly focal point, die-cut from Tangelo Twist card stock with the Bold Butterfly Thinlits and adhered with a Glue Dot. It's topped with a large Metal-Rimmed Pearl. I love how it turned out!
Make-Your-Own Half-Open Card Box
Box Basics—Start with one sheet of 8-1/2" x 11" card stock. (Click to enlarge photos)
- Score along the 11" side at the 1", 7" and 8" marks.
- Score along the 8-1/2" side at the 1", 2", 6-1/2" and 7-1/2" marks.
- Trim off the corners and create the tabs as shown above. Fold on the score lines.
- Add Tear & Tape Adhesive to the tabs as shown above.
- Adhere tabs to create the box base.
- Fold long tabs up and over sides, and secure inside the box to create sturdy sides.
- Fold the half-cover over the top of the box, tuck in the tabs and secure to the inside of the box.
Two Cool—I tried a second gift box set using the 2015-2017 In Colors, along with the matching In Color DSP.
Card Details—This time, I used the Wild About Flowers set for each of the cards, along with the Whisper White Baker's Twine, because they will be returning again in the upcoming catalog! This card is is Mint Macaron.
More, More, More—Click to enlarge the cards above to see each of the 4 additional cards from the set up close! These cards are in Watercolor Wonder, Delightful Dijon, Tip Top Taupe & Cucumber Crush colors.
This box was in Mint Macaron with a Watermelon Wonder butterfly.
Complete Supplies List—"Clear" means a rubber stamp on a clear block. "Photopolymer" is see-thru.
- Stamps—Flowering Fields (no longer available), Rose Wonder (photopolymer), Wild About Flowers (photopolymer)
- Ink—Blackberry Bliss, Hello Honey, Lost Lagoon, Mossy Meadow & Tangelo Twist (retiring, set #1); Cucumber Crush, Delightful Dijon, Mint Macaron, Tip Top Taupe & Watermelon Wonder (set #2) Classic Ink Pads
- Paper—2014-2016 In Color DSP Stack (retiring, set #1); 2015-2017 In Color DSP Stack; Tangelo Twist (set #1), Watermelon Wonder (set#2), Basic Black, & Whisper White card stock
- Accessories—Silver Baker's Twine (retiring, set#1), White Baker's Twine, Metal-Rimmed Pearls, Pearl Jewels
- Tools—Bold Butterfly Thinlits, Softly Falling Texture Impressions Folder, Big Shot, 2-3/8' Scallop Circle Punch (retiring), 2" Circle Punch, Glue Dots, Tear & Tape Adhesive, Dimensionals, SNAIL
• • • • •
Until next time,