Spring Spectacular Classes & Stamp Club—Sign Up Ends January 18
Each monthly kit includes a featured stamp set from the Spring Occasions Catalog, coordinating products and all the supplies for 3 amazing projects! Plus, club members will earn $25 in hostess benefits during one month! The club runs January thru May, or order your Class-To-Go Kits individually, too. See complete details: Spring Spectacular Class Series.
Deadline for the Stamp Club and January Peachy Keen Class-To-Go Kit ends January 18. Contact me today!
Hi Stamping Friends,
Be sure to check out my Too Cool Stamping Facebook page for updates and announcements from Leadership! I'll be giving away a door prize worth $25 to one of my Facebook page followers when I get back from Houston, so make sure you click "LIKE" to enter to win! I'll announce a winner on Monday, January 13. US residents only.
* * * * *
I've got another awesome project to show you today, and it's perfect for the new year! We'll be creating this awesome Retro Fresh Calendar Easel card at my Wow Techniques Class on Friday, January 17th.
We're also making an M&M's Matchbook Treat and Two-Tier Eclipse Love Card, so make plans to join us today. Please RSVP by Thursday, January 16th.
I love this project because it's two cool projects in one—a calendar & a note pad holder. It's the perfect little gift to set on a desktop!
Best of all, it folds down and closes to a regular card size, so it will fit snugly into a Medium A2 Envelope for easy gifting! You can even mail it with some extra postage.
Cover Décor—I used the funky Retro Fresh Designer Series Paper for my background pattern, cut to 3-3/4" x 5", then layered on a 4" x 5-1/4" piece of Baked Brown Sugar card stock.
Calendars—You can find all kinds of free, printable calendars online. This one is from findingnana.com. If you prefer a smaller calendar, you might like this one at the same website. Either way, you'll have to print them out on regular copy paper and cut them down to size.
Once I had them in a stack, I punched holes in the top for mini Silver Brads to hold them together. The full calendar stack was then adhered to a Baked Brown Sugar backing with Sticky Strip.
Arrows—I was hoping to use the cool arrows from my Peachy Keen set that was supposed to arrive earlier this week, but the weather has delayed it. Instead, I've used some alternate arrow and chevron framelits from the Label Card Thinlits and Circle Card Thinits sets to die-cut some Tangerine Tango accents. I'll have the new bundle to try out at the class!
Easel Card Instructions—The Coastal Cabana base of this easel card is way easier to create than it first appears:
- Start with a 4-1/4" x 11" half sheet of card stock, scored at 2-3/4" and 5-1/2".
- Fold it in half just like a traditional-size card.
- Fold the next panel in toward the inside of the card.
- Adhere a 4-1/4" x 5-1/2" piece of matching card to the front of that smaller half flap with Sticky Strip. Use the photo above for reference. When it's adhered, the bottoms of both the card front and the half flap should be flush, and the card should close easily.
- Decorate the front and inside.
On the inside, I added another 4" x 5-1/4" piece of Baked Brown Sugar that I had wrapped with Retro Fresh Washi Tape. A couple more arrow accents finish it up beautifully.
I wanted to keep the card streamlined, so I only added a 1/2 pack of the 3x3" Post-It Notes to the inside. When the card is opened to an easel the front will sit nicely behind the note pad.
Complete Supplies List:
- Stamps—None, but I recommend Peachy Keen (wood) OR Peachy Keen Bundle (wood)
- Paper—Retro Fresh DSP; Coastal Cabana, Baked Brown Sugar and Tangerine Tango card stock
- Accessories—Mini Silver Brads, free printed calendar
- Tools—Circle Card Thinlit, Label Card Thinlit, Big Shot, Simply Scored, 1/8" Hole Punch, Sticky Strip, Dimensionals, SNAIL
Find all the supplies to create these projects & more at my Online Store!
Too Cool Events!
- Wow Techniques Class—January 17 <<<rescheduled
- January Spring Spectacular Registration—Ends Jan. 18
- Demo Shoebox Swap—January 20 <<<rescheduled
- Sale-A-Bration Kick-Off Pre-Party—Jan. 25, RSVP by Jan. 22.
- "Last Thursdays" Class—January 30
Don't Miss These!