- Browse Holiday Catalog—Shop Holiday Catalog online!
- Special Offers Week #1—Select items at 25% off!
- Paper Pumpkin BOGO—Buy 1, Get 2nd Month FREE thru October 10!
- NEW Exclusive Thoughtful Branches Bundle—Limited, while supplies last only.
- Browse The 2016 Annual Catalog—See the latest products!
- Clearance Rack—Retired merchandise up to 60% off!
- Oct Countdown To Christmas—Featuring Cookie Cutter Christmas. Rescheduled to Oct. 2
- October Stamp-of-the-Month Kit—Featuring Paisleys & Posies. Details TBA.
- "Last Thursdays" Monthly Card Class—September 29, 6:30pm
Hi Stamping Friends!
Today I have a project that is both fun & functional and it's perfect for fall!
Ends Tomorrow—Tomorrow is the final day to register for my Cookie Cutter Christmas class! If you haven't yet signed up for the local October 2 class or the Class-To-Go Kit, here are links to the details:
Countdown To Christmas Class Series
Let Me Help You Make Holiday Cards This Year! Just Stamp & Assemble!
October Features Cookie Cutter Christmas! Local Class or Class-To-Go Kits!
Create 12 cards, 4 each of 3 designs! Class kit includes the stamp set, card supplies, printable instructions, and exclusive access to my NEW Too Cool Class Tips Videos for each class!See Complete Cookie Cutter Christmas Class Details!
CASEd from Sam Donald at Pootles.
Paisley Leaves Free-Standing Business Card & Treat Holder
I like to make a little gift for all the participants at our Too Cool team event each month. For September, I created a cute little autumn project that had a dual-purpose! It was designed to be a business card holder, but it conveniently & perfectly holds Ghirardelli Chocolates! Can't go wrong with that!
Create Your Own Holder—This project idea came from UK demonstrator Sam Donald and she has a lovely video walking you through the assembly of this project: Free-Standing Business Card Holder. In the video, she provides measurements in both centimeters and inches on the video, but I changed the card stock size a bit and tweaked the measurements to make it work for me.
Here's how I made the free-standing base:
- Start with a 8-1/4" x 5-1/2" (I used Cajun Craze)
- Using the Simply Scored Tool, score the long side at 1-1/2", 2-1/2", 5-1/4", 6-1/4"
- On the short side, score at 3/4", 4-3/4"
- Snip at the 1-1/2" x 6-1/4" score lines up to the intersecting score line, then trim out all of the card stock in between, as shown above. Do the same on the opposite side. You should have only the side tabs left.
- Add Tear & Tape Adhesive to the second panel and fourth panel.
- Flip the piece over, then add Tear & Tape to the smaller tab.
- Fold on the four score lines either back to make a mountain, or forward to make a valley. From left to right, folds should be mountain, valley, valley, mountain, as shown.
- Peel backing off Tear & Tape to adhere the panels to the base and to adhere the side tabs closed.
- Trim the side of the holder by making an angled cut with Paper Snips.
Holder Background Décor—I decorated the front of the holder with Paisleys & Petals Designer Series Paper cut to 3-3/4" x 1-1/4", and the back of the holder with a 3-3/4" x 1-3/4" piece of DSP. I covered the base of the holder on both sides with DSP cut to 3-3/4" x 1/2".
Copper Leaves—I die-cut the background leaf from the Paisleys & Petals Specialty DSP with copper foil polka dots using the small leaf from the Leaflets Framelits. Then, I die-cut the intricate leaf from Copper Foil using the Paisleys Thinlits dies. The copper leaf is attached to the dotted leaf with a Glue Dot, then it's popped up with Dimensionals. I finished with a Linen Thread double bow, attached with a Glue Dot.
Sweet Sentiment—My greeting is from the demonstrator-exclusive stamp set called "Best Decision Ever." (Join My Team and you can order one, too!) I stamped it in Early Espresso ink on Very Vanilla card stock, punched it out with the Classic Label Punch, and popped it with Dimensionals.
Easy-Reach Notch—To make it easier to grab the business cards out of the holder, I punched a notch out of the top with the 1-3/8" Circle Punch.
Business Card Ideas—This is such a fun and creative way to display and offer business cards on your desk...especially if you are a Stampin' Up! demonstrator! You could create a different holder for different seasons or the year or for holidays. Or, you can create a holder that goes with your business colors & theme. I'm going to make one that will match my Too Cool Stamping cards!
Gift Ideas—This is also a unique appreciation gift idea for co-workers, teachers, bank tellers, receptionists, hair stylists, massage therapists, or anyone else you might do business with. Fill it with some chocolate or a gift card and give it as a holiday gift!
Complete Supplies List—"Clear" means a rubber stamp on a clear block. "Photopolymer" is see-thru.
- Stamps—Best Decision Ever (demo exclusive stamp set)
- Ink—Early Espresso
- Paper—Petals & Paisleys Specialty DSP; Copper Foil; Cajun Craze & Very Vanilla
- Accessories—Linen Thread
- Tools—Paisleys Thinlits, Leaflets Framelits, Big Shot, Precision Base Plate, Big Shot Platform, Die-Brush, Piercing Tool, Classic Label Punch, 1-3/8" Circle Punch, Simply Scored, Bone Folder, Paper Snips, Tear & Tape Adhesive, Glue Dots, Dimensionals, SNAIL
• • • • •
Until next time,
Buy One, Get One FREE Paper Pumpkin Monthly Kits
August 11 thru October 10, 2016 • Subscribe Today!