Current Classes & Special Promotions!
- CLUB: Too Cool Stamp Club—Sign Up For The Next Group!
- CLASS: Dec Stamper Sampler Class—Birthday Card Organizer. December 15.
- CLASS: Dec "Last Thursdays"—December 29.
- CLASS: January Stamp-of-the-Month—Featuring Four Feathers. January 8.
- CLASS: Occasions Catalog Kickoff Party—Create 20 different cards. January 4
- Year-End Closeouts—Dozens of items up to 80% off.
- 2014 Holiday Supplement PDF—Browse items Online.
- 2014 Holiday Catalog PDF—Browse items Online.
- SPECIAL: Weekly Deals—New specials announced every Tuesday!
Sunday, January 4, 2pm - 6pm
Start the New Year off with a MEGA Stamping Celebration showcasing brand new products from the 2015 Occasions Catalog! Create 20 DIFFERENT CARDS featuring dozens of new stamp sets, papers, tools and embellishments, as well as Sale-A-Bration FREE selections! Win Door Prizes & Earn Special Rewards! Register by December 31. See complete details.
Limited Space Available For This Event! Contact me today to register!
Hi Stamping Friends!
I'm so excited about my Birthday Card Organizer class coming up on Monday! Have you signed up yet? You have until Sunday, December 14 at 5pm to let me know. There are only 6 spaces left for this class, so hurry to get your spot! Make one for yourself or as a lovely & handy gift!
Today, we'll take a closer look at all of the details of the calendar.
Inspired by Patty Bennett at Patty's Stamping Spot.
The Birthday Card Organizer is both a perpetual birthday calendar and card organizer all in one! How handy!
It features the soft pastel patterns of the Lullably Designer Series Paper that fold to create 12 pockets to hold cards for each month.
Inside the organizer, you can add names next to dates for birthdays, anniversaries and other special dates to remember year-to-year. Once you make a card for that special occasion, tuck it away in that month's pocket until it's ready to give. My photos show some sample cards, but they are not included in the class.
You can also use the pockets to hold notes about what gifts you've given each year, wish lists for recipients, or receipts for gifts.
Page Assembly—I used half a package of the Lullaby DSP for this project, one of each of the different patterns. Each 12" x 12" page is scored at 4" on my Simply Scored board and folded to create a pocket at the bottom of each sheet.
Then I scored that folded page down the center at the 6" mark and folded it so that the pockets were on the outside. Now you have a double-sided page that will represent 2 months in your organizer. Stack all of the pocket pages together to create the guts of the book.
Calendar Pockets—I covered each of the pockets with the appropriate calendar page that I printed from this download that I found at Patty Bennett's Patty's Stamping Spot blog: Download Calendar_organizer_months. I printed it on regular copy paper, so as not to add any extra bulk to the organizer.
TIP: I added my calendar printouts AFTER the organizer was bound, so I had less chance of messing up the order...not that that would happen to you!
Organizer Cover—Before binding, you'll want to create the front and back covers. The pages are folded to an even 6" x 8" size, so I cut 6-1/8" x 8-1/8" pieces of chipboard for the covers. TIP: I like to save the chipboard from my Designer Series Paper Packs to use for these types of projects.
Cover Background Stamping—I stamped an image from Flowering Flourishes several times on a piece of 4-1/8" x 8-1/8" Coastal Cabana with Coastal Cabana ink, then adhered it on the right side of the chipboard cover with Fast Fuse. I adhered a 2" x 8-1/8" piece of Baked Brown Sugar to the cover on the spine edge.
Ribbon Accent—I wrapped some Hello Honey Stitched Satin Ribbon around the cover at the seam where the card stocks meet. It's tied in a double-knot and trimmed for a faux-bow.
Back Cover—I added the same card stock to the chipboard for the back cover, with minimum stamping from Flowering Flourishes.
Wire Binding—Once all the pages are folded and stacked, and the chipboard covers are in place, I punched and bound the edges with my Zutter Bind-It-All machine according to the directions. My photo shows 3/4" o-ring binding, but for the class, we are using 1" o-ring wires to allow more room for holding cards in your organizer. The more cards you plan to keep in the pockets, the wider the binding you will need. If you don't have your own binding system, you can take it to your local office supply store for binding.
Cover Décor—Once your organizer is bound, it's time to decorate the front! I started with a Oval Accent Bigz die-cut from Whisper White as the focal point. I used the Metro Type Alphabet to add the "cards" title and stamped a Crisp Cantaloupe Flowering Flourish underneath. The accent is attached to the front with Dimensionals.
Beautiful Blooms—The pretty flowers on the front are created with the Flower Patch photopolymer stamps and coordinating Flower Fair Framelits.
Bundle It & Save—Purchase the Flower Patch stamps and Flower Fair Framelits together in the Flower Patch Bundle and save 15% off the cost of purchasing them separately!
Bouquet Blooms Details—All the flowers are stamped on Whisper White and are die-cut with the Flower Fair Framelits unless indicated.
- Large Flower—Stamped in Crisp Cantaloupe ink, die-cut and popped up with Dimensionals. It has a Hello Honey center, die-cut with the Flower Fair Framelits, then popped up with Dimensionals.
- Two Smaller 5-Petal Flowers—Stamped in Coastal Cabana ink, then the skinny 5-point flower is stamped over the top in Bermuda Bay ink. The flowers are die-cut and popped up with Dimensionals. The tiny center is stamped in Baked Brown Sugar, punched with the 1/2" Circle Punch, and popped with Dimensionals.
- Top Flower—Starburst flower is stamped in Hello Honey, die-cut and popped. The center is Crisp Cantaloupe and is die-cut with the Flower Fair Framelits.
- Compound Leaves—I stamped the large solid leaf image in Pistachio Pudding, then over the top with the branch of leaves in Wild Wasabi. They are die-cut and tucked under the blooms with SNAIL.
- Single Leaves—I filled in a little empty space with a Pistachio Pudding small leaf, die-cut and tucked under with SNAIL.
I finished all of the blooms with Rhinestone Jewel accents.
- Stamps—Flower Patch photopolymer OR Flower Patch Bundle, Flowering Flourishes (wood), Metro Type Alphabet
- Ink—Baked Brown Sugar, Bermuda Bay, Coastal Cabana, Crisp Cantaloupe, Hello Honey, Pistachio Pudding, Wild Wasabi Classic Ink
- Paper—Lullaby DSP; chipboard from DSP packs; Baked Brown Sugar, Coastal Cabana & Whisper White card stock
- Accessories—Hello Honey Stitched Satin Ribbon, Rhinestone Jewels
- Tools—Flower Fair Framelits OR Flower Patch Bundle, Oval Accent Bigz Die, Big Shot, 1/2" Circle Punch, binding system with 1" wires or coils, Simply Scored, Bone Folder, Fast Fuse Adhesive, Dimensionals, SNAIL
Find all the supplies to create this project & more at my Online Store!
* * * * *
Want to join us at the Birthday Card Organizer class or get a Class-To-Go? Grab one of the last spots by tomorrow! See class details.
Thanks for stopping by my blog today!
Birthday Card Organizer Class
Monday, December 15, 6:30pm
Create a handy Birthday Card Organizer featuring a perpetual birthday calendar! Each page represents one month and includes a calendar to mark important birthdays, anniversaries and special dates, plus it has a pocket to hold cards for those occasions! Class-To-Go Kits are available.
See Complete Details on the Birthday Card Organizer Class!
Register by December 14 at 5pm.
Stamp-of-the-Month Four Feathers Class
Thursday, January 8, 6:30pm
All the supplies you need to create 5 beautiful cards in one kit—just add inks & adhesives! Kit includes the pretty, versatile Four Feathers stamps and Framelits Bundle & white cotton ribbon. You'll also receive supplies to create 5 cards with envelopes at no extra charge! It's a FREE holiday bonus exclusively from Too Cool Stamping! Class-To-Go Kits are available.
See Complete Details on the Four Feathers Class!
Register by December 22, 2014.