- Buy 3, Get 1 FREE Designer Papers—Save now thru October 31!
- Browse Holiday Catalog—Shop Holiday Catalog online!
- Browse The 2016 Annual Catalog—See the current products!
- Clearance Rack—Retired merchandise up to 60% off!
- November Countdown To Christmas—Featuring Hang Your Stocking.
- October Stamp-of-the-Month Kit—Featuring Paisleys & Posies.
- Projects & Pizza Night—October 20. 6-10pm. Casual Stamping at my studio.
- "Last Thursdays" Monthly Card Class—October 27. 6-10pm.
- Projects & Pizza Night—November 3. 6-10pm. Casual Stamping at my studio.
Hi Stamping Friends!
Last week, our Too Cool Team did another swap and I am excited to share the adorable little Halloween pouches that Jackie Baatz brought to the event.
These projects are created with Designer Series Paper, which is on sale for the month of October: Buy 3, Get 1 FREE DSP! If you've run out of time for the Halloween Night DSP, think about stocking up on Candy Cane Lane to make some Christmas-themed pouch stocking stuffers! Our little 6 x 6" DSP Stacks, like Warmth & Cheer, would be perfect for these, too!
• • • • •
Buy 3, Get 1 FREE Designer Series Paper Sale!
Save on all $11 DSP packs from both the Holiday Catalog and the Annual Catalog thru October 31. No limit. Specialty DSP packs are not included in this sale. Shop Designer Series Papers SALE Now!
Jackie's Cookie Cutter Halloween Pouch
Our swap theme included gift card holders, but Jackie's cute pouches could also be used for a slim treat, too, like Ghirardelli Chocolates, candy coins or fun-size Hershey bars. The finished size measures 2-3/4" wide x 4-1/2" long.
Pouch Basics—The pouch is simple to make with just a little scoring and snipping!
- Start with a 6" x 6" sheet of DSP. She used Halloween Night DSP.
- Using the Simply Scored Tool, score along one side at 1-5/8" and 4-3/8".
- Score along the other side at 1" and 5-1/2".
- Using the Paper Snips, trim off each of the corners
- Snip the remaining top and bottom closure tabs at an slight angle for a nice clean finish.
- Adhere together with Tear & Tape along the seam and bottom.
Jackie used Halloween Night Washi Tape for an easy-open closure.
Spooky Background—Jackie created a backdrop for her scarecrow by die-cutting a 2-1/2" diameter Pumpkin Pie circle with the Layering Circles Framelits. Then she added a Basic Black die-cut fence and bat from the Halloween Scene Edgelits. The fence is adhered with a Fine-Tip Glue Pen and the bat is popped up with Dimensionals.
Sweet Scarecrow—Jackie stamped the Cookie Cutter Halloween scarecrow in Archival Black Ink, then watercolored with inks and an Aqua Painter or Blender Pen. Looks like she used Crushed Curry for the straw, hat and shirt, Soft Suede for the hat trim, Crumb Cake for the face, Pumpkin Pie for the nose and shirt, Real Red for the patches and Dapper Denim for the pants and buttons. He is punched out with the Cookie Cutter Builder Punch, finished with a Linen Thread bow attached with a Glue Dot, then popped up with Dimensionals. Just darling!
Two Cool—Jackie used the Halloween Night DSP to create some other versions of her treat pouch. This one features a haunted house pattern from the Halloween Night DSP as the focal point. She die-cut that and the black layer underneath with the Layering Circles Framelits. The sentiment is from the Spooky Fun stamp set, stamped in black onto Pumpkin Pie card stock and punched with the Classic Label Punch. Both the circle and sentiment are popped up. So spooky!
Three Cool—Jackie's third design features the Halloween Treat single stamp as the focal point! It's stamped in black, colored with Pumpkin Pie ink, hand cut and popped up over a Halloween Night DSP banner. She added some Halloween Night Enamel Dots and Halloween Night Baker's Twine accents on this one. Love it!
Complete Supplies List—"Clear" means a rubber stamp on a clear block. "Photopolymer" is see-thru.
- Stamps—Cookie Cutter Halloween (clear, wood), Spooky Fun (photopolymer), Halloween Treat (wood)
- Ink—Archival Black Ink; Crumb Cake, Crushed Curry, Dapper Denim, Pumpkin Pie, Real Red, Soft Suede
- Paper—Halloween Night DSP; Pumpkin Pie, Basic Black, Whisper White
- Accessories—Linen Thread, Halloween Night Enamel Dots, Halloween Night Baker's Twine
- Tools—Layering Circles Framelits, Halloween Scene Edgelits, Big Shot, Cookie Cutter Builder Punch, Classic Label Punch, Aqua Painter OR Blender Pen, Simply Scored, Paper Snips, Tear & Tape Adhesive, Fine-Tip Glue Pen, Glue Dots, Dimensionals, SNAIL
• • • • •
Thanks for sharing your cute pouches, Jackie!
Until next time,
Register For November's Hang Your Stocking Class!
Local Class & Class-To-Go Kits Mail Out November 5!
Pre-Paid Registration Due By October 12, 2016—Sign Up Today!