- Countdown To Christmas Series—November features Flurry of Wishes.
- "Last Thursdays" Card Class—October 29, 6:30pm.4 cards for $10. RSVP by October 28.
- Stamp-of-the-Month—November features Peaceful Pines.
- Extra Stampin' Rewards—$300 workshop earns you 15% rewards.
- Weekly Deals—New specials announced every Tuesday!
- Clearance Rack—Discounted retired merchandise!
- Browse The 2015 Annual Catalog—See the latest products!
- Browse The Holiday Catalog—All-new seasonal stamps, papers & accents!
Hi Stamping Friends!
I've got a super-cute gift idea to share with you today, courtesy of Janet Shinn! But first, a couple reminders...
Last chance to RSVP for my "Last Thursdays" monthly card class! Let me know by 5pm today!
Also, tomorrow is the final day to register for my November Countdown To Christmas class featuring the Flurry of Wishes stamp set. September's Your Presents or October's Embellished Ornaments classes are also still available! Time to get those holiday cards made before all the busy starts!
This Coming Thursday, October 29, 6:30pm.
Create 4 cards for $10 or the class is FREE with a minimum qualifying order! We're making two autumn cards and two holiday cards! Try two sponging techniques, a bleaching technique and play with three fun new framelits!
- Complete "Last Thursdays" Class Info
- Class-To-Go Kits Available!
Contact Me by October 28 at 5pm To Register!
CASEd from Linda Parker.
Janet's Mini Wine Bottle Sleeve & Gift Tag
Oh how fun! These decorated mini wine bottles would make an adorable gift for holiday guests or decorate a 4-pack for a lovely gift to a holiday party host! Janet Shinn brought them for our Too Cool Team's recent "anything but a card" holiday swap.
Two Cool Projects—This is actually a two-part project, the wine bottle sleeve and the gift tag to hang off of it. The sleeve is designed to slip right over the bottle and gather at the top with a tie, so it can be re-used again and again!
Mini Wine Bottle Sleeve—The sleeve is created with the handy Gift Bag Punch Board and decorated with the Merry Moments Designer Series Paper. Janet learned how to create it from Linda Parker's Gift Bag Punch Board Mini Wine Bottle Sleeve video. I'll give you the basic measurements here, but be sure to check out her video to see how it's assembled.
- Start with a 7-1/8" x 7-1/8" square of card stock. (Janet used Whisper White)
- Score along one edge at: 3-1/8", 1-1/2", 2-5/8", 3-3/4", 4-7/8" and 6".
- Rotate 90° and score at 1-3/8".
- Along the opposite side, score again at 1-3/8".
- To create the tabs, use the Gift Bag Punch Board to punch at the score lines along that first scored edge. Turn it 180° and punch along the opposite side so you have tabs at the top and bottom.
- Punch two 1/8" holes in each of the tabs along the top.
- Thread through some twine, corder or other small ribbon.
Finishing Touches—Janet decorated each of the sides with a 1" x 4-1/4" strip of Merry Moments Designer Series Paper, and she even add that paper to the tabs. To make it look even more finished, she wrapped a 1-3/8" x 4" piece of Merry Moments DSP around the neck of the bottle before the sleeve was slipped on the bottle. She also used the Cherry Cobbler Thick Baker's Twine to gather together the tabs at the top.
CASEd from Janet Holmes from Jan Girl.
Mini Wine Bottle Gift Tag—Janet decorated the wine bottle with a cute tag featuring some coordinating colors! She started with a 2" x 6-1/2" piece of Cherry Cobbler card stock. It's scored at the 2-1/4" mark at the top and punched with the Banner Triple Punch at the bottom. She punched a 1-3/8" Circle at the top to make the hole for the wine bottle neck.
Tag Décor—Janet added a couple of Lots of Labels Framelit shapes in Old Olive and Merry Moments as a foundation for the focal points. The tree is punched with the Tree Punch from another pattern of Merry Moments paper. She used the Christmas Greetings Thinlits with Silver Foil to create the greeting. The word started out as "jolly," but she trimmed it down to make the shorter "joy" word. Isn't that clever!
Thanks so much for sharing this fun & festive holiday gift idea!Complete Supplies List—"Clear mount" is a rubber stamp to be used on a clear acrylic block, "Photopolymer" is the see-thru style of stamps, also used with acrylic blocks.
- Paper—Merry Moments DSP or Merry Moments DSP Stack; Silver Foil; Cherry Cobbler & Old Olive (tag) & Whisper White (sleeve) card stock
- Accessories—Cherry Cobbler Thick Baker's Twine
- Tools—Gift Bag Punch Board (sleeve), Lots of Labels Framelits (tag), Christmas Greetings Framelits (tag), Big Shot, 1/8" Hole Punch (sleeve), 1-3/8" Circle Punch (tag), Banner Triple Punch, Tree Punch (tag), Fine-Tip Glue Pen, Simply Scored, SNAIL
Get your Christmas cards done a little at a time this year! Each month in this 4-month Countdown To Christmas Series we'll create 12 cards (6 each of 2 designs) from a featured holiday stamp set that's included in the class kit!
- Class-To-Go Kits Available!
- Demonstrator Cards-Only Kits Available!
See Details: November Countdown To Christmas!
Contact Me by October 29 To Register!______________________________________________________________________
I'd Love To Hear From You! Leave me a comment at the bottom of the page!