- Online Extravaganza Sale—November 21-28. Select items up to 40% off.
- FREE Personalized Candy Bar Pull Treat Holders—Too Cool Stamping Exclusive Offer! November 21-28.
- Browse Holiday Catalog—Shop Holiday Catalog online!
- Browse The 2016 Annual Catalog—See the current products!
- Clearance Rack—Retired merchandise up to 60% off!
- December Stamp-of-the-Month—Featuring Baby Bear. Details coming soon.
- "Last Thursdays" Monthly Card Class—November 30. 4 cards for $15. Local class
Hi Stamping Friends!
I wanted to wish all of my Stamping Friends in the United States a Happy Thanksgiving a day early! I am so thankful that I have the opportunity to stamp with ALL of you and continue to do what I LOVE every day! It's been a tough year for me personally and for my business, so it makes me even more grateful that you are with me during my stamping adventure! I'll be taking a couple days off to celebrate the holiday with my family and count all the blessings in my life! I hope you are also able to spend some time with the ones you love most!
Today, I'm sharing a cute little project to help you decorate your Thanksgiving table!
But first, don't forget to check out the Online Extravaganza specials & my Bonus Gifts for your Online Order...
• • • • •
Receive FREE Two Snow Penguin Candy Bar Holders when you place an online order of $25 or more from my TooCoolStamping Online Store using the Hostess Code P3UC6A93 at the bottom of the shopping cart page. Exclusively from Too Cool Stamping on orders placed thru November 28, 2016! See complete details.
Rita's Thanksgiving Turkey Napkin Holder/Place Card
Add some color and whimsy to your Thanksgiving table with this adorable holiday turkey, designed by Rita Berning!
Turkey Basics—Do you recognize the shape of the turkey body? Rita used the penguin shape from the Snow Friends Framelits to die-cut our Thanksgiving friend! She layered a Soft Suede shape with the feet trimmed off on top of a Delightful Dijon shape for the turkey base. The Real Red waddle is created with another die from the same Snow Friends Framelits...the one that would normally cut the buttons for the snowman! How clever! The beak is a hand-cut little Delightful Dijon triangle. And, the eyes are Rhinestone Jewels that have been colored with a Black Sharpie.
Turkey Feathers—Not only is this project cute, but it's a great way to use up some of those extra Designer Series Paper scraps, too! Rita added lots of 1/2" x 6" strips of coordinating DSP to the back of the turkey to make the colorful feathers. The papers come from fall-themed papers: Petals & Posies DSP, retired Botanical Gardens DSP, and Brights & Regals DSP Stacks. Whatever autumn colored scraps you have on hand will work great! The strips are gently curved with a Bone Folder then adhered to the back with Glue Dots. If it gets kind of bulky, you can staple the strips through the turkey, and the staple will be covered with the sentiment.
Sentiment—Rita stamped the greeting from Acorny Thank You on Very Vanilla card stock, then punched it out with the Duet Banners Punch. It's sponged with a little Soft Suede ink, then popped up with Dimensionals.
Optional Place Card—Instead of adding a sentiment, you could use write a name on the banner (with a matching Soft Suede marker, of course) to make it into a place card for each Thanksgiving table setting.
Napkin Holder—To make it into a napkin holder, simply add the turkey to a 1-1/2" wide piece of Delightful Dijon card stock, trimmed to the length you need, and adhered with Fast Fuse Adhesive. Rita added a strip of the Burlap Ribbon along the middle for some extra fall texture & detail. Love it!
- Stamps—Acorny Thank You (photopolymer)
- Ink—Soft Suede
- Paper—Petals & Posies DSP; Brights DSP Stack; Regals DSP Stack; Soft Suede, Delightful Dijon, Real Red, Very Vanilla
- Accessories—Burlap Ribbon, Rhinestone Jewels and a Black Sharpie
- Tools—Big Shot, Snow Friends Framelits, Duet Banner Punch, Sponge Daubers, Bone Folder, Dimensionals, Glue Dots, Fast Fuse, SNAIL
• • • • •