- Browse Holiday Catalog—Shop Holiday Catalog online!
- Special Offers Week #1—Select items at 25% off!
- Paper Pumpkin BOGO—Buy 1, Get 2nd Month FREE thru October 10!
- NEW Exclusive Thoughtful Branches Bundle—Limited, while supplies last only.
- Browse The 2016 Annual Catalog—See the latest products!
- Clearance Rack—Retired merchandise up to 60% off!
- "Last Thursdays" Monthly Card Class—September 29, 6:30pm
- Nov Countdown To Christmas—Featuring Hang Your Stocking.
- October Stamp-of-the-Month Kit—Featuring Paisleys & Posies. Details TBA.
Hi Stamping Friends!
If you like creating Halloween projects & treats, the Spooky Fun Bundle provides an amazing array of traditional trick-or-treat images and die-cuts for making cool Halloween scenes!
Today, I'm sharing a couple of Spooky Fun cards created by my Too Cool team members Jodi Geers & Kathe Madsen. Let's take a look after a few announcements...
LAST CALL On Thoughtful Branches Bundle—Stampin' Up! has announced that they are close to depleting their inventory of this limited-time-only stamp set and thinlits. Order Thoughtful Branches Now before it's gone for good!
Local stampers...it's the LAST CALL for my Last Thursdays class. Please RSVP by 5pm today!
• • • • •
September's "Last Thursdays" Card Class
Thursday, September 29, 2016, 6:30pm. RSVP by Wednesday, September 28, at 5pm.
Create 4 cards using Too Cool techniques, plus envelopes. This month, we'll be featuring fall-themed all-occasion cards & some awesome stamping techniques. See Complete "Last Thursdays" Details.
Jodi's Spooky Fun Halloween Night Card
Jodi Geers brought this fun card for our team to create at a shoebox swap and I love how it turned out!
Background Basics—Jodi started by stamping the cobweb image from the Ghoulish Grunge in Smoky slate ink multiple times onto a 5-1/4" x 4" piece of Smoky Slate card stock.
Tree Silhouette—The tree is die-cut using the Halloween Scene Edgelits on Basic Black card stock. She started with a 5-1/4" long piece of Black card stock, so that the landscape will cover the width of the card. Jodi placed the die to the left, so it cuts the tree on that side. The edgelit will not cut the whole piece, so the remaining ground was hand-cut.
Adhere the tree with a Fine-Tip Glue Pen, leaving some of the branches free to tuck the moon behind later.
I love that Jodi added the Halloween Night Washi Tape along the bottom of the landscape for some dots of color.
Sweet Sentiment—The Spooky Fun greeting is stamped in Archival Black Ink along the bottom.
The scene layer is adhered to a 5-3/8" x 4-1/8" layer of Wisteria Wonder and mounted on an Old Olive card base.
Pretty Pumpkins—Jodi stamped the trio of pumpkins in Pumpkin Pie ink onto Pumpkin Pie card stock, then die-cut them with the Halloween Scene Edgelits. The Spooky Fun set also has the trio of faces that turns those pumpkins into jack-o-lanterns! The faces are stamped in Archival Black Ink and the pumpkins are popped up with Dimensionals. Oh how I love those little guys!
Witchy Night—Jodi stamped the moon image in Crushed Curry ink onto Crushed Curry card stock, then punched it out with the 1-3/8" Circle Punch. The element is tucked behind the tree silhouette and adhered with SNAIL. The Basic Black witch is another die-cut from the Halloween Scene Edgelits, attached with Dimensionals.
Jodi's Complete Supplies List—"Clear" means a rubber stamp on a clear block. "Photopolymer" is see-thru.
- Stamps—Spooky Fun (photopolymer) OR Spooky Fun Bundle (photopolymer), Ghoulish Grunge (clear, wood)
- Ink—Archival Black Ink; Smoky Slate, Pumpkin Pie, Crushed Curry
- Paper—Basic Black, Crushed Curry, Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, Wisteria Wonder
- Accessories—Halloween Night Washi Tape
- Tools—Halloween Scene Edgelits OR OR Spooky Fun Bundle (photopolymer), Big Shot, Fine-Tip Glue Pen, Dimensionals, SNAIL
Kathe's Spooky Fun Double Z-Fold Halloween Card
Kathe used the same Spooky Fun Bundle to create a fun Halloween scene on a fancy double z-fold card base! You can learn how to make this special card base here: Double-Z Side Pull Card.
Cloudy Background—Kathe's card starts with a Smoky Slate card base and she used a masking technique to create a background of eerie & stormy clouds. It looks like she might have used a retired scallop circle punch, but the mask can be created from any scallop-edged die-cut, punch or hand-cut card stock. You can find shapes like that in the Flower Fair Framelits, Wish Big Framelits, Popcorn Box Thinlits, Outdoor Adventure Framelits, or the Tree Builder Punch.
She laid the edge of the mask down on the card stock, then lightly sponged Smoky Slate ink over the top, then repeated the process over the entire length of the card base. The result is an awesomely creepy sky!
Halloween Scene—Kathe also die-cut a circle mask using the 1-1/2" Circle Punch to sponge on a Pumpkin Pie moon in the sky. The Spooky Fun witch is stamped over the top of that. The Basic Black fence is a die-cut from the Halloween Edgelits, adhered with the Fine-Tip Glue Pen.
Spooky Sentiment—The Spooky Fun greeting is stamped in Archival Black ink onto a 5-1/4" x 7/8" strip of Halloween Night Designer Series Paper. Kathy also adhered a Halloween Night Baker's Twine striped bow for a textured accent.
Finishing The Inside—When you pull open Kathe's card, it's an amazingly detailed trick-or-treat scene! She finished off the card by adding more strips of Halloween Night DSP along the bottom. The fence and tree are die-cut from Basic Black and adhered with a Fine-Tip Glue Pen. She also added stamped tombstones and bats, along with a spooky phrase, to decorate the scene. Wow! This card is so much Spooky Fun!
Kathe's Complete Supplies List—"Clear" means a rubber stamp on a clear block. "Photopolymer" is see-thru.
- Stamps—Spooky Fun (photopolymer) OR Spooky Fun Bundle (photopolymer)
- Ink—Archival Black Ink; Smoky Slate, Pumpkin Pie
- Paper—Halloween Night DSP; Basic Black,
- Accessories—Halloween Night Baker's Twine
- Tools—Halloween Scene Edgelits OR OR Spooky Fun Bundle (photopolymer), Big Shot, Stampin' Trimmer, Sponge Daubers, Tree Builder Punch (or other scallop edged shape), 1-1/2" Circle Punch, Fine-Tip Glue Pen, Dimensionals, SNAIL
• • • • •
Thank you so much to Jodi Geers & Kathe Madsen for sharing your cool Spooky Fun cards!
Until next time,
Buy One, Get One FREE Paper Pumpkin Monthly Kits
August 11 thru October 10, 2016 • Subscribe Today!