►Join Me At My Too Cool Stamping Classes!◄
- See my Calendar of Events for my complete class schedule!
- Or, see details about the Stamp-of-the-Month Kits!
Only 2 Weeks Left! Sale-A-Brate 3 Ways To Earn FREE Products!
- Shop—Earn FREE Sale-A-Bration Items For Every $50 Order! Shop now!
- Host—Earn $30 More Hostess Dollars With A $300 Party! Host a party!
- Join—Choose $150 Worth of Stampin' Supplies For Only $99! Join now!
►Browse the Sale-A-Bration Flyer PDF to see choices!
Hi Stamping Friends!
Today is the last day to take advantage of this week's Weekly Deals! Most of the sale items this week can be used with the Big Shot, so if you own one, be sure to take a look! Look for new Weekly Deals to begin tomorrow!
Last week, several of my Too Cool Demo Team members got together for a shoebox swap event and today's project was one of the cards we created.
What's A Shoebox Swap? At the swap, each of us brings a "shoebox" filled with all the supplies needed to make a project, then we swap boxes and make everyone's projects. If you've never participated in one, I highly recommend getting some stamping friends together and trying it! It's always a fabulous night of creativity, inspiration and fun!
CASEd from Michelle Reynolds at Inspiration Ink.
Rita Berning designed this card for all of us to assemble and I was really struck by the delightful color combination! Her use of Summer Starfruit, Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie and Strawberry Slush together really makes a card that would help any buttercup cheer up! Don't you think?
Textured Background—The background is a piece of 4" x 5-1/4" Summer Starfruit Core'dinations card stock that is embossed with the Arrows Texture Impressions Folder. The texture was sanded so that some of the lighter core color would be exposed. I love that distressed look!
Terrific Triangles—We stamped four patterns of triangle shapes from the Geometrical stamp set, in each of the three different colors, then punched them out with the Triangle Punch. It was fun to play with the shapes, pointing some up, some down, adhering some directly onto the card front and popping some up with Dimensionals.
Quick TIP: To quickly stamp the triangles, Rita had us line up all four triangle stamps onto the "H" Clear Block to ink and stamp them all at once. Stamp in one color, clean them all at once, then ink them in another color. It saves lots of time!
Sweet Sentiment—Before adhering the embossed and triangled layer to our Pumpkin Pie card base, we added some 1/8" Pumpkin Pie Taffeta Ribbon, tied in a double-knot and trimmed. The greeting was stamped in Daffodil Delight onto a 3" x 1-1/4" piece of Whisper White. It's layered onto a slightly larger piece of Strawberry Slush card stock, and both layers are fish-tailed.
Bundle It & Save! Purchase the Geometrical stamp set and Triangle Punch together in the Geometrical Bundle and save 15% off the price of purchasing them separately!
Complete Supplies List:
- Stamps—Geometrical (wood) OR Geometrical Bundle (wood)
- Ink—Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie and Strawberry Slush Classic Ink
- Paper—Summer Starfruit Core'dinations card stock; Strawberry Slush and Whisper White card stock
- Accessories—1/8" Pumpkin Pie Taffeta Ribbon
- Tools—Triangle Punch OR Geometrical Bundle (wood), Arrows Texture Impressions Folder, Big Shot, Sanding Block, SNAIL and Dimensionals
Find all the supplies to create these projects & more at my Online Store!
Thanks so much to Rita for sharing this fabulous project with us! And, thanks to YOU for stopping by today!
Too Cool Events!
- Full Spring Classes Event Schedule
- Perfect Pennants Stamp-of-the Month Kit—Register by March 15.
- "Last Thursdays" Card Class—March 27.
Don't Miss These!