It was an easy-to-make gift bag (shown at the right), that was made from one sheet of card stock and a lunch sack.
My favorite part was that the front decoration is actually a full-size Christmas card, featuring the Festive & Fun set, in a clear envelope pocket. It's an awesome way to decorate the package, while showcasing the card that you give with your gift! Too Cool!
I decided to create a very simple version (because I was running out of time) to show at my Demo Meeting last week. Fortunately, it didn't take long to make!
You can see how it looks with and without the card in the front pocket. Love it! Find out how to make the Classic Pines & Poinsettias Card here.
Card Holder Gift Bag How-Tos
- Cut a medium size lunch bag (less than 5-1/2" wide base) down to about 6" tall.
- Cut an 8-1/2 x 11" sheet of card stock in half to make the front and back panels.
- Stamp the panels, or adhere Designer Paper.
- Punch an Extra Large Oval Punch at the top of each sheet. Punch one side, then use it as a template to punch the other side.
- Adhere the panels with Sticky Strip.
- Cut the self-seal flap off of a Clear Envelope and adhere to the front panel with Sticky Strip in an upside-down "T" shape (along the bottom, and up the center). This makes it easier to insert your card into the envelope.
I could have added a lot of extra embellishments and decoration, but this clean design looks great even without it. And, it only took a few minutes to have a great-looking, handmade gift bag!
Lunch Bag Bonus
Plus, Megan gave us a bonus idea! Save that lunch bag top that you cut off and put it to good use!
Fold up the bottom and adhere it closed.
Decorate the front to match the gift bag.
Then, use it as a cookie pouch by adding one of those new Sweet Pressed stamped cookies! What a yummy little gift! (Wish I had a cookie to put in my pouch to show you, but somebody ate it! *whistles innocently*
Complete Supplies List:
- Stamps—Sweet Season (project #2)
- Ink—Cherry Cobbler, Early Espresso, Marina Mist Markers (project #2)
- Paper—Frostwood Lodge DSP, Cherry Cobbler, Marina Mist, Whisper White card stock
- Accessories—Lunch sack (project #1), Clear Envelopes (project #1), Cherry Cobber Seam Binding (project #2)
- Tools—Extra Large Oval Punch, Scallop Oval Punch (project #2), Modern Label Punch (project #2), Sticky Strip, Dimensionals, SNAIL
You can purchase all the supplies to create this card at my Stampin' Up! Online Store!
I'm getting excited! The annual Online Extravaganza event starts Monday! Don't miss the early-bird, 24-hour specials, and a bonus incentive gift from me!
* * * * *
Quick Links: Register Today For The Holiday Stamp-A-Stack
- Holiday Stamp-A-Stack—November 30. Register by November 28.
- $35 Extra Hostess Benefits—When you host a $350 or more workshop through Dec. 15.