- Too Cool Stampers Team Meeting—April 11.
- Stamper Sampler Class—"I'm Bringing Birthdays Back" Class. Date & details TBA.
- Stamp-of-the-Month Class—Returning in May.
- Sale-a-Bration Celebration Exclusive Event—April 24. Details TBA.
- "Last Thursdays" Monthly Class—April 28. 4 Cards for $10.
- Weekly Deals are ending April 18!
- Clearance Rack—Discounted retired merchandise!
- Browse The 2015 Annual Catalog—See the latest products!
- Browse The Occasions Catalog—All-new stamps, papers & accents!
Hi Stamping Friends,
In Case You Missed It—Play along with my "SNAIL" Mail Challenge and WIN! Click for details!
Weekly Deals Are Going Soon! Stampin' Up! has decided to discontinue their Weekly Deals program, but they're sending it off with a bang! Check out the 15 new Weekly Deals for the week ending April 11, including Rose Garden Thinlits, the Decorative Label Punch and the Gift Bag Punch Board. The Weekly Deals will continue for one more week after that, then they are gone for good! Don't miss out on the savings!
Darla's Totally Awesome Grateful Bunch Card
Way back in February, our Too Cool Stamper Team had a shoebox swap and Darla Eigenschink brought the makings for this pretty card featuring the Grateful Bunch Bundle!
Background Basics—We started by stamping the Grateful Bunch dotted outline leaves two times in Memento Black ink onto a 5-1/4" x 4" piece of Whisper White card stock. After the greeting was added in Bermuda Bay ink, the layer was matted onto a 5-3/8" x 4-1/8" piece of Basic Black card stock, then adhered to a Bermuda Bay card base.
Bunch of Blossoms—Next, we stamped the Grateful Bunch largest flower one time and the trio of blossoms image twice in Memento Black ink onto scrap Whisper White card stock. We used super-sharp Paper Snips to cut out the largest flower, and the smaller flowers were punched with the coordinating Blossom Bunch Punch.
Bundle It & SAVE! Purchase the Grateful Bunch stamp set and Blossom Bunch Punch together in a Bundle to save 15% off the cost of purchasing them separately!
Cool Color Shimmer—To color in the flowers, we used the Clear Wink of Stella brush just like you would an Aqua Painter. We picked up the ink from the lid of an ink pad directly with the Stella brush creating nstant colored shimmer when it was applied to the bloom!
TIP: If you're using several colors with the Wink of Stella, simply color on scrap paper between colors until the shimmer runs clear.
The blossoms were popped up with Dimensionals and topped with a Rhinestone Jewels.
Inside—We added a strip of It's My Party Washi Tape for a black accent on the inside, along with the second part of the sentiment.
Thanks for sharing this quick & pretty card, Darla! It's totally awesome!
Complete Supplies List—"Clear" means a rubber stamp on a clear block. "Photopolymer" is see-thru.
- Stamps—Grateful Bunch (photopolymer) OR Grateful Bunch Bundle (photopolymer)
- Ink—Memento Black Ink; Bermuda Bay Classic Ink Pads
- Paper—Basic Black, Bermuda Bay & Whisper White card stock
- Accessories—Rhinestone Jewels, It's My Party Washi Tape, Wink of Stella Clear
- Tools—Blossom Bunch Punch OR Grateful Bunch Bundle (photopolymer); Paper Snips, SNAIL
Until next time,
Send Some Mail For Some SNAIL!
"SNAIL" Mail Challenge! I challenge everyone reading this blog send out at least Two Cool handmade cards this week! And, when you do, let me know about it in the Comments Section by Monday, April 11. On Tuesday, April 12, I'll select a random winner to win a SNAIL Adhesive & a pack of Medium White Envelopes, so you will be ready to send more Snail Mail! Contest is for US residents only, but anyone can comment!