►►NEW Hostess Code For Ordering: CVMPPF7M◄◄
Current Classes & Special Promotions!
- CLUB: Too Cool Stamp Club—Sign Up For The Next Group!
- CLASS: Sale-A-Bration Celebration—Earn your invitation now for April 19 event!
- CLASS: Stamp-of-the-Month—Featuring Butterfly Basics. April 9. Register by March 27.
- CLASS: Last Thursdays Card Class—March 26. RSVP by March 25.
- Sale-A-Bration Promotion—Learn how to earn FREE goodies thru March 31!
- 4 NEW Sale-A-Bration Items—4 more Sale-A-Bration selections thru March 31!
- 10 More Sale-A-Bration Selections—Even more to choose from for final 2 weeks!
- Occasions Catalog—Spring items available thru June 2, 2015
- SPECIAL: Weekly Deals—New specials announced every Tuesday!
Hi Stamping Friends!
LAST CHANCE! Registration for my April Stamp-of-the-Month Class featuring the beautiful Butterfly Basics stamp set has been extended until March 30. See complete Butterfly Basics Class Details!
Today, I'm sharing another one of my class projects! This one is inspired by a gorgeous card that our Too Cool Team created at a recent swap...
Jodi Geers brought this card to our team shoebox swap a few weeks ago and I couldn't wait to recreate it for this class! She used Lost Lagoon, Pear Pizzazz and Sahara Sand. Love your card, Jodi!
* * * * *
I used the same basic design from Jodi's card, but changed up the color combination to coordinate with my other class projects: Lost Lagoon, Pear Pizzazz, Baked Brown Sugar and Blackberry Bliss.
Background Basics—I started with a Lost Lagoon card base, layered with a 4-1/8" x 5-3/8" Baked Brown Sugar foundation layer.
Collage Background—On a 4" x 5-1/4" piece of Very Vanilla, I stamped several of the Butterfly Basics images. Here's how it all came together...
- Stamp your Butterfly Basics sentiment in Blackberry Bliss where you want it and build the collage around it.
- Stamp the "screen" pattern three times, one at the top, and one on each side, in Baked Brown Sugar that's stamped off each time.
- Stamp the leaf image 2-3 times in Pear Pizzazz, coming up on either side of the sentiment.
- Sponge more Pear Pizzazz ink along the bottom edge.
- Add the postmark image in Lost Lagoon 3-5 times randomly over the front. Some of these can be stamped again without re-inking.
- Stamp the diagonal dotted line in Blackberry bliss across the bottom edge.
Finishing Touches—Before adhering to the card base, I wrapped some Gold Baker's Twine around the stamped layer and tied in a double-knot.
Butterfly Die-Cut—I stamped the larger butterfly in Lost Lagoon ink onto Whisper White scrap paper, then die-cut it with the coordinating Butterfly Thinlits. It's attached with a couple of Glue Dots with the wings bent upward and topped with a Pearl Jewel.
Bundle It & Save—Purchase the Butterfly Basics stamp set and Butterfly Thinlits together in the Butterfly Basics Bundle and save 15%!
Sweet Sentiment—I accented my Blackberry Bliss sentiment with the smaller butterfly, stamped in Lost Lagoon and punched with the Bitty Butterfly Punch. Like the larger butterfly, it's adhered with a Glue Dot and topped with a Pearl Jewel.
Two Cool—I tried a second version going horizontally and it worked beautifully with the longer birthday greeting.
Complete Supplies List
- Stamps—Butterfly Basics (clear, wood, photopolymer) OR Butterfly Basics Bundle (clear, wood, photopolymer)
- Ink—Lost Lagoon, Baked Brown Sugar, Pear Pizzazz & Blackberry Bliss Classic Ink
- Paper—Lost Lagoon, Baked Brown Sugar & Very Vanilla card stock
- Accessories—Gold Baker's Twine, Pearl Jewels
- Tools—Butterfly Thinlits OR Butterfly Basics Bundle (clear, wood, photopolymer), Big Shot, Bitty Butterfly Punch, Glue Dots, SNAIL
Find all the supplies to create these projects & more at my Online Store!
Stamp-of-the-Month: Butterfly Basics
Thursday, April 9, 2015, at 6:30pm. Register by March 27.
See complete details of the Butterfly Basics Class! Class-To-Go Kits available!
Contact Me To Attend The Butterfly Basics Stamp-of-the-Month Class!
Have You Earned Your Sale-A-Bration Celebration Invitation?
I'll be hosting a very special, exclusive event after Sale-A-Bration where I spoil my best Sale-a-Bration customers!
It's a Sale-A-Bration Celebration! We'll have make & takes, gifts, prizes, specials, refreshments and more! Mark your calendars for Sunday, April 19!
It's A FREE Event—You Earn Your Invitation!
Simply participate in the Sale-A-Bration promotion by spending a total of $150, hosting a $150 workshop, or purchasing a Starter Kit before March 31, 2015. See complete details, including online To-Go options!
Place Your Qualifying Sale-A-Bration Order Today!
Stampin' Quick Links