- Browse Holiday Catalog—Shop Holiday Catalog online!
- Special Offers Week #1—Select items at 25% off!
- Paper Pumpkin BOGO—Buy 1, Get 2nd Month FREE thru October 10!
- NEW Exclusive Thoughtful Branches Bundle—Limited, while supplies last only.
- Browse The 2016 Annual Catalog—See the latest products!
- Clearance Rack—Retired merchandise up to 60% off!
- "Last Thursdays" Monthly Card Class—September 29, 6:30pm
- Nov Countdown To Christmas—Featuring Hang Your Stocking.
- October Stamp-of-the-Month Kit—Featuring Paisleys & Posies. Details TBA.
Hi Stamping Friends!
I'm so excited to share that I have officially earned the Stampin' Up! Incentive Trip to Thailand! I'm thrilled that I was able to meet this goal, especially after having some difficult and emotional disruptions in my business this year. Thank you so much to all of my loyal Stampin' Up! customers and my Too Cool Team for helping me reach this achievement for the second year in a row! My stamping friends are THE COOLEST!
Now, just so you know, I'm not actually going on the Thailand trip. (I know, I know...anti-climatic, right?) My husband and I made the decision not to go right after the trip was announced, but I've still had the goal in my sights just to prove to myself I could do it again. Instead of saving them for the trip, I've been redeeming the "trip" points I was accumulating on other incentives like free products and business supplies. So, thank you for helping me earn those rewards all year long!
Starting October 1, I'll be starting all over again to earn points for the Alaskan Cruise in 2018...and I DO plan to be on that ship! I hope that you'll continue to be a part of my stamping journey as I work toward the next grand incentive vacation!
• • • • •
September's "Last Thursdays" Card Class
Thursday, September 29, 2016, 6:30pm. RSVP by Wednesday, September 28, at 5pm.
Create 4 cards using Too Cool techniques, plus envelopes. This month, we'll be featuring fall-themed all-occasion cards & some awesome stamping techniques. This class is perfect for any level stamper, but it's designed for new stampers to get a feel for the basics! Class Fee—$15 OR it's FREE with a minimum order placed at the event! See Complete "Last Thursdays" Details.
Bring-A-Friend, Select 5 Hand-Made Cards—Bring a friend who has never been to my classes before and you'll be able to select a your choice of 5 cards from my card rack!
Contact Me To RSVP For The "Last Thursdays" Class!
Cookie Cutter Halloween Smiling Scarecrow Cards
I don't typically purchase Halloween stamp sets unless I'm using them for making treat favors. But, I have to say, I could not resist the Cookie Cutter Halloween stamp set and it's all because of the adorable scarecrow! He's so, so sweet and it's so much fun to dress him up in different colored outfits! We'll be coloring him at my "Last Thursdays" class next week.
Background Basics—This card begins with a 2" x 5" panel of Cajun Craze card stock, embossed with the Seaside Embossing Folder, adhered to a 3-7/8" x 5-1/8" Basic Black background. I added a 1-3/4" x 5" piece of Petals & Paisleys Designer Series Paper on the left side, then wrapped Rich Razzleberry ribbon from the 3/8" Ribbon Trio Pack around the seam. The whole background is adhered to a Mint Macaron card base.
Sparkly Scarecrow—I stamped the Cookie Cutter Halloween scarecrow in Archival Black Ink on Very Vanilla card stock, then colored him in with Classic Inks and a Blender Pen. I used Mint Macaron for the shirt, Rich Razzleberry for the pants, Cajun Craze for most of the patches, Delightful Dijon for the straw and Sahara Sand for the face. I brushed on some Wink of Stella clear to give his outfit a shimmer.
TIP: Squeeze the ink pads before opening to create your palette on the lid for coloring with the Blender Pen.
After he was colored, I punched him out with the Cookie Cutter Builder Punch.
Oval Focal Point—I popped up Mr. Scarecrow with Dimensionals on an oval die-cut from Very Vanilla with the Layering Ovals Framelits. The sentiment is from Cookie Cutter Christmas, stamped in Archival Black Ink.
Finishing Touches—I love the look of the Linen Thread bow on this card, because it reminds me of the scarecrow's straw. It's attached with a Glue Dot.
Two Cool—For my second version, I started with a Mint Macaron embossed panel, next to the flipside of the same DSP. This time, I layered the background on a Delightful Dijon card base. I centered the oval on the card this time, rather than having it off-set to the right.
I flip-flopped some of the outfit colors, too, but otherwise it's about the same. I'm so in love with this little guy! How about you?!
Complete Supplies List—"Clear" means a rubber stamp on a clear block. "Photopolymer" is see-thru.
- Stamps—Cookie Cutter Halloween (clear, wood), Cookie Cutter Christmas (photopolymer) OR Cookie Cutter Christmas Bundle (photopolymer)
- Ink—Archival Black Ink; Delightful Dijon, Mint Macaron, Rich Razzleberry, Sahara Sand
- Paper—Petals & Paisleys DSP; Basic Black, Cajun Craze (card #1), Delightful Dijon (card #2), Mint Macaron, Very Vanilla
- Accessories—Wink of Stella clear, 3/8" Ribbon Trio Pack, Linen Thread
- Tools—Layering Ovals Framelits, Seaside Texture Impressions Folder, Big Shot, Cookie Cutter Builder Punch OR Cookie Cutter Christmas Bundle (photopolymer), Blender Pens, Glue Dots, Dimensionals, SNAIL
• • • • •
Until next time,
Buy One, Get One FREE Paper Pumpkin Monthly Kits
August 11 thru October 10, 2016 • Subscribe Today!