►Join Me At My Too Cool Stamping Classes!◄
- See my Calendar of Events for my complete class schedule!
- Or, see details about the Stamp-of-the-Month Kits!
Sale-A-Brate 3 Ways To Earn FREE Products!
- Shop—Earn FREE Sale-A-Bration Items For Every $50 Order! Shop now!
- Host—Earn $30 More Hostess Dollars With A $300 Party! Host a party!
- Join—Choose $150 Worth of Stampin' Supplies For Only $99! Join now!
►Browse the Sale-A-Bration Flyer PDF to see choices!
- Perfect Pennants Kit—Features Perfect Pennants stamp set, a full package Fresh Prints Designer Series Paper Stack and 1/4 pack of Basic Metal Buttons (8 buttons) to use on projects. Includes all supplies to create three cards with envelopes. Cost $40.00 clear, $48.00 wood
- Perfect Pennants Bundle Option—Features all of the above, plus Banners Framelits. Cost $60.00 clear, $67.00 wood BONUS: Choose a Sale-A-Bration item for FREE!
- Pre-Paid Sign-Up By: March 15, 2014
Contact Me Today To Register!
See Details On The April & May Spring Spectacular Classes!
Hi Stamping Friends!
We'll be creating today's featured project at my Wow Techniques Class tomorrow night and I know my attendees are gonna love it as much as I do!
Let me know by tonight if you are interested in joining us. You can get complete class details at my March Wow Techniques Class post.
This awesome project was originally designed by Glenda Calkins at The Stamp Camp. I loved her Crisp Cantaloupe version so much that I CASEd it exactly, then made another version in Coastal Cabana. It's so, so, so pretty either way with all of the golden accents!
My favorite part of these projects are that they are a card and gift all-in-one! You open the card to reveal a detachable bookmark—Too Cool!
Rotary Trimmer Addition—The bookmark is made detachable with the help of the the Rotary Addition to the Stampin' Trimmer, along with the new Perforation Blade from the Spring Catalog. Learn more about the Rotary Trimmer in this helpful video: Stampin' Trimmer With Rotary Addition.
Cutting The Bookmark Card Base—Glenda Calkins has a fantastic video that shows you exactly how to make the Scallop Tag Topper Punch Bookmark Card. Here are the basic steps to get you started:
- Start with a 5-1/2" x 10-11/16" card base.
- Score along the long side at 4-1/4".
- Use the Perforation Blade in the Rotary Trimmer Addition to perforate at the 8-1/2" mark.
- Slide the Scallop Tag Topper Punch over the top of the smallest panel, line up the edge of the punch cutting area with the perforation line, and punch.
Decorating The Card—I embossed a 4" x 5-1/4" piece of Crisp Cantaloupe card stock with the Decorative Dots Folder to decorate the front of the card. Before adhering, I added the focal point image...
Tag Topper Focal Point—Starting with a piece of 2" x 3-3/4" Very Vanilla card stock, I punched both ends with the Scallop Tag Topper Punch. Then I stamped the Happy Watercolor sentiment and flower in Baked Brown Sugar.
Color Accents—I never knew what to do with the mini splotch image from this set, but it works lovely as a Crisp Cantaloupe highlight to the word "you" in the sentiment. The larger splotch, also in Crisp Cantaloupe, is stamped off once before stamping over the bloom.
Golden Glitter—The center of the flower was colored with a 2-Way Glue Pen, then sprinkled with Gold Glitter.
Details, Details, Details—The dotted image was stamped three times across the bottom of the element in Baked Brown Sugar ink. Then I added a few Gold Sequins with Glue Dots.
Twine Ties—Both ends of the tag were threaded with Gold Baker's Twine that wraps around the embossed layer and is secured behind it with SNAIL. The twine bow is tied separately and added with a Glue Dot.
Inside Details—You can choose to decorate either or both sides of the bookmark. On this version, I hid the front of the bookmark, so you have to open the card fully to see it. The back of the bookmark has a piece of embossed 1-3/4" x 5-1/4" Crisp Cantaloupe to match the card front.
Inside & Bookmark Décor—The bookmark is decorated exactly like the front of the card. I started with a 1-3/4" x 5-1/4" piece of Very Vanilla, punched with the Scallop Tag Topper Punch.
Second version, just like the first, in Coastal Cabana.
This time I decorated the bookmark on the first panel you see when opening the card and I left the back blank.
Bookmark Tie—When you layer the two Scallop Tag Topper panels together, it leaves just enough of a hole to thread some Crisp Cantaloupe Ruffle Stretch Trim through both tags. Tie up the ends with a piece of Gold Baker's Twine.
Complete Supplies List:
- Stamps—Happy Watercolor (wood)
- Ink—Baked Brown Sugar, Crisp Cantaloupe (card #1) and Coastal Cabana (card #2) Classic Ink
- Paper—Baked Brown Sugar and Very Vanilla card stock
- Accessories—Crisp Cantaloupe Ruffle Stretch Trim (card #1), Coastal Cabana Ruffle Stretch Trim (card #2), Gold Baker's Twine, Gold Sequin Trim, Gold & Silver Glitter
- Tools—Decorative Dots Sale-A-Bration Texture Impressions Folder, Big Shot, Scallop Tag Topper Punch, Stampin' Trimmer, Stampin' Trimmer Rotary Addition, Perforation Rotary Blade, 2-Way Glue Pen, Glue Dots, SNAIL and Dimensionals
Find all the supplies to create these projects & more at my Online Store!
* * * * *
Throwback Thursday—It's been years since I made a bookmark card like today's projects! I created this cute A Little Wiser Owl Card for my nephew back in 2010 when we had a different perforation cutting tool. So glad we have another tool to replace this handy blade!
Thanks for stopping by! Have a Too Cool day!
Too Cool Events!
- Full Spring Classes Event Schedule
- Wow Techniques Class—March 14, 6:30pm
- Perfect Pennants Stamp-of-the Month Kit—Register by March 15.
- "Last Thursdays" Card Class—March 27.
Don't Miss These!