Current Classes & Special Promotions!
- Browse The 2015 Catalog—See the latest products!
- Upcoming Class Dates Announced—New schedule, plus Countdown To Christmas dates.
- Countdown To Christmas Series—September 12. Features Your Presents
- "Last Thursdays" Class—August 27. RSVP by August 26.
- September Stamp-of-the-Month—Features Vintage Leaves. Register by September 8.
- 50% Off First 2 Months of Paper Pumpkin—Subscribe at PaperPumpkin.com using code: HALFOFF
- Weekly Deals—New specials announced every Tuesday!
- Clearance Rack—Discounted retired merchandise!
Dotty Watercolor Wings Cards
This is a fun & cute card design that comes together in just a few minutes! I love simple cards like this that are so duplicatable for mass-producing! It's also a great card to experiment with different color combinations!
CASEd from Marcy Denning at Stampin' With Marcy.
Background Basics—I tried out the fun Dotty Angles confetti-like stamp image for a festive background. It's stamped in Pool Party ink on a 3-7/8" x 5-1/8" piece of Whisper White card stock, then matted onto a 4" x 5-1/4" piece of Island Indigo card stock. I double-wrapped some Bermuda Bay Baker's Twine around the layers and tied it into a bow. The layers are popped up with Dimensionals onto the Whisper White card base.
Beautiful Butterfly—The Watercolor Wings photopolymer set makes creating multicolored butterflies so easy! It's a 3-step stamping process.
- Stamp the bold butterfly background in the lightest color—Pool Party.
- Stamp the outer wing image in a coordinating color—Bermuda Bay.
- Stamp the inner accents image in another coordinating color—Island Indigo.
It's super-easy to line up each layer because you can see right through the photopolymer stamps!
Bold Die-Cuts—Then, simply die-cut the image with the Bold Butterflies Framelits. I stamped the butterfly body in Bermuda Bay onto the card front, then attached the butterfly with Glue Dots and bent the wings upward. A couple Rhinestone Jewels adds a little sparkle.
Bundle It & Save—Purchase the Watercolor Wings stamp set and Bold Butterfly Framelits together in the Watercolor Wings Bundle and save 15% off the cost of purchasing them separately!
Sweet Sentiment—I added the Watercolor Wings greeting at the bottom in Bermuda Bay ink and gave it a Rhinestone accent, too.
Two Cool—For my second version, I used the same elements on a horizontal card and changed up the colors a bit. This time the dotty background was stamped in Soft Sky ink. The background card stock layer is in Marina Mist.
Bold Butterfly—This time, I stamped the bold butterfly in Soft Sky, the outer edges in Marina Mist and the inner accents with Pacific Point.
Complete Supplies List—"Clear" means a rubber stamp on a clear block. "Photopolymer" is see-thru.
- Stamps—Watercolor Wings (photopolymer) OR Watercolor Wings Bundle, Dotty Angles (photopolymer)
- Ink—Bermuda Bay, Island Indigo & Pool Party (card #1); Marina Mist, Pacific Point & Soft Sky (card #2) Classic Ink Pads
- Paper—Island Indigo (card #1), Marina Mist (card #2) & Whisper White card stock
- Accessories—Bermuda Bay Baker's Twine, Rhinestone Jewels
- Tools—Bold Butterflies Framelits OR Watercolor Wings Bundle, Big Shot, Paper Piercer, Sponges, Glue Dots, Dimensionals, SNAIL
I'd Love To Hear From You! How are you liking the photopolymer stamps? Leave me a comment at the bottom of the page!
- Local Class: Tuesday, September 22, 6:30pm.
- Class-To-Go Kits Available!
Kit includes Vintage Leaves stamp set, Gold Metal Buttons & all the pre-cut supplies and instructions needed to create 6 beautiful autumn cards!
Contact Me To Register Up by Tuesday, September 8.
Get your Christmas cards done a little at a time this year! Each month in this 4-month Countdown To Christmas Series we'll create 12 cards (6 each of 2 designs) from a featured holiday stamp set that's included in the class kit!
- Class-To-Go Kits Available!
- Demonstrator Cards-Only Kits Available!
See Details for Countdown To Christmas!
Contact Me by August 31 To Register!