Stampin' Up! is celebrating Digital Scrapbooking Days now thru November 8! You'll find Daily Deals, guest bloggers, challenges, videos and more excitement over at MyDigitalStudio.net!
Today's Deal: Autumn Traditions Kit!
Today's Guest Blog: Digital Scrapbooking Days Day 7
Wow Techniques Class—Last Day To RSVP!
Join us this Friday, November 8, at 6:30pm, at my Too Cool Stamping Studio in Fort Wayne, IN. The cost of the class is $15 or FREE with an order* placed at the event. See more details on the projects. Please RSVP by Thursday, November 7, at 5pm
Hi Stamping Friends!
Remember that fun Magnificent Maple File Folder cards created with the Envelope Punch Board that I shared last month? Today, I'm using that same technique to make a mini version of the file folder that is the perfect size for holding gift cards!
CASEd from Tara Bazata at Ink & Paper Café.
Oh! I think this is just adorable! Don't you agree? I've decorated it with Winter Frost Designer Serieis Paper for the pretty contrasting patterns.
I wrapped it with White Taffeta Ribbon, then added a Tags 4 You holiday sentiment in Basic Gray. The image is punched with the coordinating Label Bracket Punch, then layered with another punch in Silver Glimmer Paper. That sparkly layer was cut in half and repositioned to peek out from under the top label. Rhinestone Jewels give the finishing touches.
The file folder tab has a Whisper White Little Labels punch-out that's stamped with a word from Fabulous Phrases in Island Indigo.
Mini File Folder Gift Card Holder Instructions
- Start with a 4" x 5" piece of Whisper White card stock.
- Score along the 5" side at the 2-3/4" mark.
- Fold in half. Add a 4" x 2-3/4" piece of designer paper to the inside back. Trim if necessary.
- Add a 4" x 2-1/4" piece of designer paper to the front of the folder. Trim if necessary.
- Align the left side of the folder front under the Envelope Punch Board punch flush with the left side of the opening in the front of the punch. Punch!
- Slide the edge over to the 2" mark and punch again.
- Rotate the card 180° and repeat to make a tab on the back of the folder.
- Trim off the extra tab with your Stampin' Trimmer.
- Open the folder and add Sticky Strip to the inside front (smaller side). There's not much room for the gift card in this folder, so be sure to make the Sticky Strip flush with the edges. No room to spare!
The card is tied with Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding. Then, I decorated it with an image from Label Love, colored with Old Olive and Cherry Cobbler markers. It's punched with the coordinating Artisan Label Punch, and layered on another Baked Brown Sugar punch. I love the Pearl Jewels on this one!
The Fabulous Phrase word was a little long for the Little Labels punch, so I double punched it with the longer Word Window Punch to customize it's length.
- Stamps—Tags 4 You (wood) OR Tags 4 You Bundle (wood), Label Love (wood) OR Label Love Bundle (wood), Fabulous Phrases (wood).
- Ink—Old Olive and Cherry Cobbler Markers (card #2); Basic Gray (card #1) Classic Ink
- Paper—Winter Frost DSP (card #1), Season of Style DSP (card #2); Silver Glimmer Paper (card #1), Baked Brown Sugar (card #2) and Whisper White card stock
- Accessories—White 3/8' Taffeta and Rhinestone Jewels (card #1); Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding and Pearl Jewels (card #2),
- Tools—Envelope Punch Board, Label Bracket Punch (card #1), Artisan Label Punch (card #2), Little Labels Punch Pack (card #1), Word Window Punch (card #2), Stampin' Trimmer, Sticky Strip, Dimensionals, SNAIL
Find all the supplies to create these projects & more at my Online Store!
_______________________________________________________________Too Cool Events!
- Wow Techniques Class & Club—November 8, 6:30pm
- Too Cool Demo Team Shoebox Swap—November 11, 6pm
- Anything Goes Open Stamp Night—November 17, 4-9pm
- December Countdown To Christmas—Registration Deadline November 18
- Holiday Tag It Bundles—Available now thru November 19
- 30% off Digital—Select downloads & print products thru November 30.
- Weekly Deals—New specials start every Tuesday!
- NEW Cut & Ready Card Bases—Pre-cut, pre-scored card stock...EASY!
- Endless Wishes Photopolymer—New Christmas set!
- Pop & Place Gift Tags—70 tags & matching stamps.
- Everyday Occasions Cardmaking Kit—20 cards, ready to assemble!
- Envelope Punch Board—Makes 66 sizes of envelopes!
- Best of Snow—New 25th Anniversary Collector Set