Check out the Details! I've got a fantastic, technique-packed class for you this month, so you won't want to miss it! See project photos and complete class information: April Wow Technique Class, April 12, 6:30 pm.
Contact me to RSVP by today, April 11, at 5pm if you'd like to join us!
Second Photopolymer Stamp Released!
Stampin' Up! has introduced a second stamp set in the new see-thru Photopolymer Stamp line called Bombs Away Birthday. Check it out!
Click the image to enlarge it.
I love these light-hearted and fun birthday quips! They're perfect for the insides or outsides of cards!
What Are Photopolymer Stamps?
If you missed the release of the first set, Designer Type, then you may not even know about this new product line. Here's a summary...
Top 5 Benefits of Photopolymer Stamps
- Transparent—So you can see exactly where you are stamping.
- Extra-Sticky—So they stay on your clear mount blocks securely.
- Crisp Images—Allows nice ink coverage for clean, crisp images.
- Flexible—Stamps are flexible so you can curve images.
- Great Value—Lots of images for a great price!
Tips On Using & Caring For Photopolymer Stamps
- Condition Stamps—For the best results, condition your stamp by rubbing the image with a vinyl eraser or adhesive remover tool. This will help your ink stick to the stamp better and eliminate any possible pooling or beading of ink.
- Use Firm-Foam Ink Pads—Although the old-style ink pads will work, you'll get best results with this style of pad. VersaMark and StazOn will also work well.
- Clean Promptly—So you reduce the possibility of staining. Basic Gray and reds tend to stain the most. Use Stampin' Mist or baby wipes for cleaning. If they lose their stickiness, clean with mild soap and water.
- Use StazOn Cleaner Sparingly—The harsh chemicals in StazOn Cleaner may break down the photopolymer. If you must use it, wash any residual cleaner off with mild soap and water.
- Store Away From The Sun—Keep these stamps out of direct sunlight because they may yellow. They come in a clear cello bag, but you can purchase Clear Mount Stamp Cases for storage.
Here's a cool video showing a little more about how Photopolymer stamps are clearly a great choice! See the video here: Introducing Photopolymer Stamps.
In the video, Brandi showed just how easy it is to line up repeating images without the use of a positioning tool like the Stamp-A-Ma-Jig. Woohoo!
I had to try it out for myself, so I CASEd one of the cards she presented in the video to create these two cool cards. Both use a Sahara Sand card base with a decorated Basic Gray panel of the front.
The first version, I stamped the pennant banner stamp as a mirror image using White Craft Ink...all lined up with my very own eyeballs! They truly are SO easy to position!
This pattern reminds me of the side of a toy drum! I also added a Full Heart Punch from First Edition Designer Series Paper, and an arrow stamped in Whisper White Craft and cut out of Pear Pizzazz card stock.
The scrunched flower is three layers of 7/8" Scallop Circle punches from 2011-2013 In Color Designer Series Paper, held together in the center with a Mini Silver Brad.
For the second card, I overlapped the pennants to create a zigzag, chevron-style pattern like Brandi shows in the video.
I also rounded the corners of the panel by sticking the corner into the Extra Large Oval Punch. I had never tried that before, but it worked great!
How cool is that repeated pattern! There's no way you could do that with a rubber stamp without a Stamp-A-Ma-Jig! Fantastic!
Even those teeny, tiny letters were pretty easy to line up! I stamped onto Basic Gray card stock and double-punched with the Word Window Punch for a shortened shape. The top of the panel is wrapped with Calypso Coral Baker's Twine.
Complete Supply List:
- Stamps—Designer Type Photopolymer Stamps
- Ink—White Craft Ink
- Paper—2011-2013 In Color DSP Stack; First Edition DSP; Sahara Sand, Basic Gray, Pear Pizzazz card stock
- Accessories—Calypso Coral Baker's Twine, Mini Silver Brads
- Tools—Full Heart Punch, Extra Large Oval Punch, Word Window Punch, 7/8" Scallop Circle Punch, Dimensionals, SNAIL
Find all the supplies to create these projects & more at my Online Store!
____________________________________________________________________________Events—Mark Your Calendars!
- April Wow Technique Class—April 12
- Sale-A-Bration Celebration FREE Stamp Camp—April 20, 1-3pm
- "Last Thursdays" Monthly Class—April 25
Promotions & New Product Quick Links