If you saw my Sunday Showcase featuring butterflies, then you've already seen a sneak peek of these Two Cool cards that I CASEd from Dawn Olchefske.
CASEd from Dawn Olchefske at DOStamping.com.
As soon as I saw this project, I KNEW that I had to make it! I love the Bloomin' Marvelous Sale-A-Bration stamp set and the color combination is so soft and pretty! Michelle Hoover's version of this card was featured in my Sunday Showcase, and she gave me the idea to add the textured embossing.
This card design has a fun combinatoin of techniques, so it was a shoo-in project for my Wow Techniques Class tomorrow night! I still have a few spots left—contact me by 9pm tonight if you want to attend!
See my Wow Techniques Class page for details and how to get your class for FREE every month by signing up for my Stamp Club!
The Primrose Petals card base is 4-1/4" x 11" folded in half. I added a 5-1/4" x 4" piece of Core'dinations Primrose Petals card stock, embossed with the Honeycomb Texture Impressions Folder and lightly sanded. TIP: I've found that with my Honeycomb Folder, I have to go to "no tabs" on the Multipurpose Platform, otherwise some of the hexagons tear apart, even when I sand lightly.
I used a 1-3/4" Circle Punch to punch a window through both card front layers. TIP: The window will punch out cleanly if you punch it in one, quick, forceful push.
I stamped a piece of 1-1/2" x 4-1/4" piece of Whisper White with the elements from Bloomin' Marvelous. I started with one Pool Party Butterfly, then added a few Primrose Petals Flowers, and finished off by filling in the spaces with Crumb Cake leaves.
After mounting it on a piece of 1-3/4" x 4-1/4" piece of Crumb Cake, I wrapped and tied a Pool Party Satin Ribbon from the Sale-a-Bration Sycamore Street Ribbon & Button Pack, before adhering it to the card front.
My favorite part is the cool window opening! I stamped my sentiment in Primrose Petals on scrap Whisper White, then punched it out with the 1-3/4" Circle Punch. Adhere it with SNAIL through the window onto the inside of the card.
I decorated around the window with Crumb Cake leaves from the Bird Builder Punch. The pretty butterfly is created with two punched layers: Elegant Butterfly Punch with Pool Party card stock and Bitty Butterfly Punch with the Bloomin' Marvelous butterfly stamp in Pool Party ink on Whisper White card stock. Both layers are popped with Dimensionals and topped with Pearl Jewels. Sweet!
For the second version, I tried the Lacy Brocade Texture Folder for the background.
This time I punched the sentiment out with the 1-3/8" Circle Punch, and layered it on a Crumb Cake 1-3/4" Circle punch-out. I added another Bitty Butterfly, too!
Even this stamped butterfly got some pearls this time! And I really love the new Natural Trim Ribbon with this color scheme! Oh yeah!
I also had to create Dawn's adorable matching treat holder! It's made with two Crumb Cake Two Tags die-cuts. Simply cut the tags about 3/4" down from the middle score line, adhere the flaps together with Sticky Strip, and fill with Hershey's Nuggets or a Fun-Size candy bar. Quick and cute!
Wow! Bring A Friend Bonus! If you are new to my Wow Techniques class, or if you bring a friend with you who is new, you'll get to create this coordinating projects tomorrow night! Contact me to reserve you (and your friend's) spot!
Complete Supply List:
- Stamps—Bloomin' Marvelous (SAB #129654 c, #129651 w)
- Ink—Primrose Petals, Pool Party, and Crumb Cake Classic Ink
- Paper—Primrose Petals Core'dinations Card Stock; Primrose Petals, Crumb Cake, Pool Party, Whisper White card stock
- Accessories—Sycamore Street Ribbon & Button Pack (SAB 130812), Natural Trim Ribbon (card #2), Pearl Jewels
- Tools—Honeycomb Texture Impressions Folder (card 1), Lacy Brocade Texture Impressions Folder (card #2), Two Tags Die (treat), Big Shot, Elegant Butterfly Punch, Bitty Butterfly Punch, Bird Punch, 1-3/4" Circle Punch, 1-3/8" Circle Punch (card 2), Stampin' Sanding System, Sticky Strip, Dimensionals, SNAIL
Find all the supplies to create these projects & more at my Online Store!
Check out all of the Sale-A-Bration items you can earn...choose one FREE item for every $50 you spend!
And, don't forget that you can earn a FREE Sale-A-Bration Celebration Stamp Camp when you place at least $150 in orders during Sale-A-Bration! Click the above link for details!
Too Cool Promotion Quick Links!
Wow! This list just keeps growing and growing! There are so many exciting things happening with Stampin' Up! right now!
- Browse Spring Catalog—Flash Player
- Shop Spring Catalog—Online Store
- Sent With Love Promotion—Now Thru April 30.
- Sale-A-Bration Promotion—See what you can earn for FREE!
- MyPaperPumpkin.com—Monthly Kit Subscription. Sign up by March 10.
- Best of 25 Years Stamps—New stamp set each month!
- Best of 25 Years Stamp Club by Mail—One more opening available.
- NEW The Basics Online Class—34 project lessons, only $14.95
- NEW Photopolymer All-Clear Stamps—New Designer Typeset set!
- Hostess Codes—Learn how you can earn more Hostess Benefits!